Frogspawn Swamp I was the lightning before the thunder
34 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Evening saw the woman turn to look over her shoulder, as if expecting to see someone standing there. Still a little frightened despite herself, she found that she too was looking over the woman’s shoulder, half expecting to see a real monster coming towards them out of the gloom. But there was nothing there… Oh. Had the woman thought she was looking at someone behind her. Well… That made Evening feel a bit better, if it was true. But when the other wolf spoke, somewhat loudly over the wind, Evening couldn’t help but jump, and then give an embarrassed, nervous laugh. “O-oh,” she said, wondering if she should accept that offer.

She glanced around, shivered in the rain, watched the trees swaying in the moaning wind, and decided that she’d much rather be under the copse of trees than not. She, too, darted beneath them, shaking herself as she did so and probably accidentally spraying the woman with water. She immediately realized her mistake and flinched as if being physically threatened. “Oh, I’m sorry!” she cried. “You can— uhh… shake out your fur on me as payback if you want.” It was a lame thing to say, but it was the only thing she could think of to make up for getting cold water all over this woman she didn’t know. So far, this whole meeting was going rather terribly.
I will exit a thread after 10 days of no reply. Feel free to do the same.
Messages In This Thread
I was the lightning before the thunder - by Rosalyn - May 18, 2018, 12:59 AM
RE: I was the lightning before the thunder - by Evening - May 23, 2018, 11:27 PM