Arrow Lake I was only for to die beside
37 Posts
Ooc — Khalysa
All Welcome 

AW! But tagging for reference

The night felt cold and without purpose. A thick fog had crept upon her and the sky was as black as tar. No stars. She could only see the faint light that reflected off the moon and had traveled miles and miles to get here, only to disappear in the heavy mist. The rocky terrain beneath her paws made the night feel even colder. With careful steps she navigated her way between the rocks. Zula had smelled the clear, metal scent of water and had left @Nikan 's side, during their journey away from Shadow Mountain, to find the stream. It couldn't be much farther now. In the distance she could hear the sound of running water and the grey she-wolf picked up her pace. 

When she came closer, she could hear the water clearly now. It was too dark to see anything except for a faint glistening. She took a step forward and she could feel a coldness running over her paws. The current was fast and strong. It took her a moment to realize that his wasn't a stream. It was a waterfall. Zula quickly turned, but it was too late. The ground beneath her feet disappeared when a rock fell into the deeper water, taking Zula with it. The icy-cold hit her like a lightning strike and she couldn't breathe. She tried to grab onto something, but her paws kept slipping. There was so much water. A moment later her paws didn't touch the ground anymore. She was falling, drowning, approaching the earth rapidly. It must have been only a couple of seconds, but it felt like a lifetime. 

The end rushed towards her like the waves rushing to the shore. There was no poetic last breath, there was no last thought, only the dawning realization that nothing would ever happen again. There was only fear. 

When she hit the water, a paralyzing pain washed over her. Slowly, little waves brought her body to shore. Everything felt unreal, but she could take shallow breaths again. Nikan, she muttered into the dark night, before even the light of the moon faded and everything went black and silent.

I couldn't ever bring myself
to hate you as I'd like
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He had been woken when Zula left his side but he groaned and rolled over to attempt to sleep again. The night was too cold and as soon as her warmth seeped from his fur he quit trying to resume his rest and stood up, following her scent. In the night he paused and calculated his surroundings, the sound of rushing water not too far off in the direction her scent headed made him worry. The noise grew in volume as he followed it and he arrived just in time to see her wade into the water and then be swept over. He gasped and froze, ears flattening back against his head as he stared at the spot she had just been in. There wasn't a thing he could have done, was there? He sat back on his haunches slowly and whined softly "Zula...." an aching in his heart beginning before he stood up and slowly moved toward the edge of the falls. He looked over and caught a glimpse of her fur in the current being dragged out of sight in the moonlight and decided then that he would search for her. The current would drag her downstream, all he had to do was follow it and he would eventually come upon her right? He had no other reason to stick around without her and he'd come to accept and even enjoy her presence by his side. He quickly turned and headed off in search of a safe way down the falls.

One post from Nikan unless someone joins and stops his leave! Otherwise he'll go off to find her.
Warning: Nikan is a mature character and will have sexual and violent themes. Please be aware when joining threads.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
Serem needs a purpose haha!

After departing from Shadow Mountain, Serem found herself wandering without cause. Then out of the trees, she spots a familiar wolfs figure. Though she couldn't remember his name right off the bat until she got closer. "Nikan?" She questioned to see if she had remembered correctly.
”Common” "Spanish"
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Before he could depart a voice called out his name. "Shit" he murmured and gave a glance toward the waterfall. I'll come for you Zula...hang on he thought and turned toward the voice. He looked at the woman and it took a moment to remember her name. "Serem. Shadow mountain's gone you know." he said and paced a bit. "Look. Zula fell over those falls. I have to get her. If you must chat, lets walk" he said firmly, voice laced with desperation.
Warning: Nikan is a mature character and will have sexual and violent themes. Please be aware when joining threads.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
Serem heard the concern in his voice and gave a quick nod. She was aware of the she-wolf Zula from a previous meeting. "Well, two sets of eyes are better than one. " She started walking forward.
”Common” "Spanish"
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Witholding a growl he simply pushed ahead of her and searched for a way down the slope. he spotted a steep and Rocky hill and motioned to it "there. We'll head down this way. Be careful, i cant save two injured females and Zula has my favor" he said firmly, not caring about being an ass. It was the cold hard truth.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
She noticed the loose rocks and simply nodded. "Don worry I can hold my own." The female then began to slowly progress forward down the path. Carefully setting her paws down as her claws clung to the dirt with every step.
”Common” "Spanish"
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He nodded and let her go first, waiting till she was mostly down to start on his own path. He wasn't as cautious and he rushed it, mind racing through the possibilities of Zula's injuries. He misplaced a paw and began to slide, falling over and slamming his side into a rock. He grunted and rolled the rest of the way down, laying still for a few moments and taking inventory of where he hurt. His side was throbbing but he felt not major pain to signal a rib break, his shouldet had come down hard but as he tested his weight he found he could stand fairly well. Sighing he turned to Serem and motioned for them to continue. "I've been considering starting my own pack. I did not appreciate Kelina leading me to believe I had a chance at a good rank and then abandoning us all. Would you be interested?" he asked her.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
The female saw Nikan slip and wondered if he was okay. The male quickly regained his position so she saw no reason to ask. Though his next statement was a shock to her, she soaked in his words. "Well seeing as though I have nothing better to do, I don't see why not."
”Common” "Spanish"
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The fact that he had already scored a follower thrilled him and he flashed her a quick smile, rare in its genuine display "we'll have to discuss your skills though honestly i don't think I'll have ranks based on them." he said thoughtfully and then fell silent. Maybe more of a general dominance/Trust type thing.