Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Open to anyone! Maybe a sibling spar?

✴        Most of the kids were outside during the daylight hours, romping or exploring, or trying their best to evade the eye of the more acute adults; but rarely was Revui anywhere near the light. It still stung his eyes, and he didn't like it. Instead, he lurked in the dark depths of the birthing den — keeping an eye on the twins whenever Arcturus was asleep or distracted, or taking his own naps when his dark brother was active. They took turns unwittingly.

But as the midday sun crept around a gathering of clouds, Revui saw his chance—he made a break for it in the dimming of the light, a stampede of desire as his childish need to investigate the world outside took over. Screw being responsible! Responsibility didn't mean anything to the child yet, so he delved out of the darkness, his transitional gaze set upon one of the romping bodies outside, into which he barrelled himself with a yowl and a snap.

He wanted to play! But he didn't know his own strength, and upon grappling with his sibling he bit down a bit too hard—the taste of blood shocking him in to the act of release, and then a wide-eyed stare like that of a hungry shark.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker

if there was one thing arcturus loved more than food or his siblings, it was the soft embrace of warm sun fanning his pelt. where revui eschewed the golden highlight of day, arcturus welcomed it. at this stage in his life, very few things were as enjoyable as an idyllic nap in the sun.

yet, arcturus had drifted off to sleep, lulled by the scintillating warmth -- and did not notice the retreat of the sun behind darkly scowling clouds. nor did he notice the dull grey of a to-be leviathan, paddling towards him with the hungry intensity of some pelagic predator.

sleep, sweet and kind and familar, was suddenly stolen from him -- and pain, cold and cruel and unfamiliar, clamored into his conscious. with a groggy yelp arcturus bolted upright, jaws blindly reaching for his beseiger.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Cameo !

Yama was tucked away within the whelping den whilst her brothers romped, loitering near the entrance for her second nap of the day (being a puppy was tough work, after all!). She had little understanding of what was going on whilst she laid there, unconscious, stirred awake only by the sudden yelp that broke the previous silence surrounding her. Startled, she jolted upright and looked around frantically, not yet fully awake or able to understand what was happening. It was not until moments later that she focused long enough to see her brothers, at whom she stared for a long while—only to flop over and go back to sleep, her back now facing the outside world’s gloom.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        Those tiny teeth were very useful when it came to grabbing things, or chewing on pre-digested gruel, or occasionally grappling with an itch; but this was the first instance where it was used for something more distructive. The creature was not aware of the damage he had made; he knew the strange taste was similar to the iron-rich flavor of breakfast or lunch, but now it came from his brother's face (his nose, specifically) and this led Revui to stare intensely at the shadow opposite him. He was curious, but also oblivious. The pain he'd caused did not register — he only felt a hunger, and it was different from the food hunger he had felt ever since emerging from the void. Without thinking, he dove towards Arcturus again with his mouth wide open and teeth exposed, happy to retrace his violent steps.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus was not so happy to have his brother retrace his violent steps, and as he fended off the wave of pain with stifled whimpers, he also became angry. it was his first experience with such a grappling, intense emotion, and it was tied inexplicably to the agony revui's assault had invoked. with a growl arcturus stumbled towards his brother, who already was preparing a second onslaught.

arcturus was not skilled in fending off attacks, and his movement was slow and clumsy - but he recognized revui had been the source of his discomfort, and a small sense of rage stirred in him once more as revui's teeth found him.
send my soul away
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        This time he wasn't as successful (if you could call his first glancing hit a success in any form), probably because his brother was trying to deflect as best he could. Neither child had any real skill yet — but Arcturus' movements meant that Revui's teeth didn't hit anything but resistance, and their teeth clattered together, jaws smacking each other uselessly. It wasn't as fun without the taste in his mouth, Revui realized vaguely. He liked that food-taste, and wasn't about to relent even if his neck and shoulders were growing strained from the effort. Eventually he lunged and pushed with his forelimbs, trying to bowl his brother over so that he could nibble on him — getting a mouthful of fur in the process.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus believed himself a mighty opponent; in truth, his retaliations were easily buffeted, and his brother was quick to get the upperhand. the boy had little experience with such defenses, and as revui's teeth sank into the dark matte of his fur he squealed in pain -- stop it! he swung at his brother desperately, teeth latching on anything -- anything that would be enough to drive revui's teeth away.

arcturus sunk to his side and rolled over, small cries pressing his lips as pain resonated through him.

send my soul away