Duck Lake Tale As Old As Time
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Private 

Whisper felt trapped as she slowly departed from the territory. She needed a bit of time away for about an hour at the most. The pack was now bigger than ever and she found herself contemplated whether or not she is needed or what she could offer.
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
He recognized that honeyed coat, it had been some time but it was a hard color to forget and not one he could recall seeing anywhere else. His large form moved across the land as he tried to get closer. It was when he was a few yards away, hopefully close enough to be heard by the golden maiden, that a deep bark escaped him.

Would she remember him or was he wasting his time?
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
As she walked on forward when she heard a bark come from behind. When she turned around she was slightly shocked to see him. "O..outlander?" she asked curiously. Wondering if it was really him.
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
His tail swished behind his hefty form as she spoke his name. Well, more like she question his name. "The one and only." The male stated with a confident smile as he closed some of the distance between him and the golden girl.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting." Outlander wasn't truly positive if he was sorry but it sounded nice didn't it? Not to mention he hadn't really been given a time frame. His feelings were neither here nor there, though.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She watched him as the male cam closer. He had apologized and she wasn't sure why but she thought it best not to question it. She merely said. "No need to be sorry. How have you been?" It had been quite some time since their last meeting.
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
His shoulders gave a half-hearted shrug at her question. "Been better, been worse." It was a rather neutral answer, as he didn't feel like delving into everything right now. Not that he had anything very heartfelt to share with her. He did the normal wolf-like things that he figured everyone else was doing as well, why bore her with those details?

"But what about you?" The large male asked with genuine curiosity, ears leaning forward ever so slightly to catch her words. Did she have some interesting news to share with him or would they exchange small talk until he wandered elsewhere again?
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper thought of the events that had transpired since the last time they met. "Only thing is that the pack relocated to Swiftcurrent Creek and well got bigger." Maybe a bit too big for the females taste but she left out that last part. "I've kept to myself lately."
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
Oh.

Well, that was indeed news. He had fancied the forest in his brief visit but it wasn't his call, never had been. So he let the words roll off of him with a soft nod of his head. It was her last sentence that perked his interest again. "And why's that? Surely if the pack got bigger you have your pick of faces to socialize with." But not everyone was as attention based as Outlander was and he occasionally failed to realize that concept. Nor did he ever truly grasp the concept of personal space after spending most of his youth shoving his nose where it didn't belong.

It was a bit of a blessing no one had mauled him in his younger days. Granted, that didn't mean no one would in his future days.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper sighed. "Well I mean it's not a bad thing its just with all the new wolves it's hard to remember them all as well as find out what I'm useful for." In truth during her time in the background, the pack had flourished regardless of her there.
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
"I'm sure you're useful for plenty 'o things!" She was healthy wasn't she? In Outlander's book that meant she was more than able to do an abundance of things. Although, actually being good at something was an entirely different thing.

No one would be good without trying, though!

"You know, though, if you feel aimless why not take a fresh start? Discover yourself or something like that." His broad shoulders giving another shrug.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
His idea didn't sound so bad in it's entirety. "You know that doesn't sound so bad. You might be onto something." She sighed again. "Bit where would I start?"
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
A small chuckle escaped him at her question. "I can't decide that for you, that's something you have to pick." Peach eyes glancing over at her briefly. "Think of somewhere you've always wanted to go or something you've always wanted to be." It was generic advice but wasn't it generic for a reason? He wouldn't spill this stuff out if he didn't think it might work.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She thought of his idea frequently until an idea of her own popped into her head. "Let's travel somewhere. I know its sudden but I can't linger in a pack anymore. Especially when its just so bland like nothing" The words spilled out. It was true, this may be her first pack but maybe it just wasn't the time to be in one just yet.
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
A brow raised sharply. He hadn't been expecting her to sweep him up into all of this adventure nonsense but hey, maybe he'd get something out of it too.

"Did you want to tell them first or you just going to make a break?" This was a rather important part as it meant Outlander could either look like a kidnapper or less of a kidnapper. Nor did he like the idea of such a big pack (he didn't know just how big, merely going off of Whisper's use of the word) possibly seeking revenge on him.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
"Well of course I'd have to tell durnevhiir first. I wouldn't want to leave on bad terms." She had grown quite fond of the pack but Whisper knew that she couldn't stay there. She knew she didn't belong.
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
His head nodded softly in understanding. "So you go tell them and we can meet up somewhere?" He suggested with a soft huff. Outlander wasn't particularly interested in being there when she gave the news. Scouting ahead and keeping his nose out of pack business sounded best for now.

"You pick the place, I'll find it." Granted he might need to ask for a bit of direction if the description wasn't clear enough.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper thought for a moment. "We can meet in emberwood forrest. Its northwest of here." She tried figuring out how to tell him. "The area is filled with Aspen trees and a large abundance of prey."
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
last post from Outlander, feel free to archive or respond!

His head gave a sharp nod. "Got it." The hefty male shifted his weight as his tail give a dismissive flick. "I'll start heading there. See you soon then?" He asked as he already began moving away from the gold maiden in the northwest direction.

He'd spend no extra moments making sure she would move. Outlander knew he'd either meet her there - perhaps in the following days or even week? - or he wouldn't.