Heron Lake Plateau And you know dogs, they need ample time outside
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee nodded at Niamh's guesses. She would have to be careful in hot weather, basically. The Beta theorized that it was the suddenness of the change in seasons that had prompted her reaction; it had gone from winter straight to summer, with no gradual warm-up in between to give her body a chance to adjust. But she didn't mention that theory now, not really wanting to focus on her illness. She would much rather discuss her friend's progress with the Redhawks.

"Clo is definitely fiercely passionate, especially about her family," Towhee agreed, smiling fondly. "But that's great that you made some progress with her! I do think it'll take longer for her to accept Screech, if she ever accepts him at all... but my own relationship with him is improving a bit, so maybe that'll help her come around. Speaking of which, you might have some competition for X," the yearling teased, grinning as she thought of Screech's reaction to the mention of the hawk.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Towhee seemed proud of the fact that Fiadh and Clover were so territorial and protective; and when she thought about it- when she'd heard Clover out, she'd realized herself that Clover wasn't being overdramatic (well, a bit, sure, but oh well.) or hostile, she was simply reacting to what she thought was a threat- because it had been a threat before. She'd at least taken the time to hear Niamh out, which was appreciated, and gained her a bit more of Niamh's respect. 

Her ears tilted toward Towhee when she brought up Screech, and her tail waved gently to hear the news about their friendship growing. Finally, she thought- someone else didn't absolutely hate him. She didn't want to be the only one who didn't think he should be out of the pack. She mentioned X, though, and Niamh snorted. "Yeah, right. Like X would ever choose Screech over me," She said, with a gentle laugh. "But...I'm glad he's kind of settling in, and that you two are getting along. I don't know what it must have been like, to feel so angry toward your own brother." She said.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Niamh was absolutely right, of course: there was no competition. She smirked, though her features soon settled into a more thoughtful expression. Would Towhee say they were getting along? It didn't fit quite right, though she wasn't about to argue semantics. It would take a lot of time to rebuild the trust Screech had broken, though Towhee was trying very hard to give him that opportunity.

Her words triggered something within Towhee and Phox's face suddenly filled her mind. "My brothers have a bad habit of betraying me," she mumbled, her words much too garbled for Niamh to hear, much less decipher properly. It was true, though, she realized: her sisters tended to have a much better track record with her. Funny how that worked out...

Much louder and clearer, Towhee said, "I'm gonna need you to pipe down now so I can hear the patrol." She grinned at the silly quip. But she really did want to focus more on their surroundings, which shouldn't be a problem. Towhee was certain that she and Niamh could totally be the types to rock a companionable silence.

Fade + new one soon? :D
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh's ears swivelled when Towhee spoke, and she turned to look at her, as if to try and read her lips to see what she'd said, but given the stiff way Towhee'd spoken, she gathered that it was the same kind of intentionally garbled speech she'd used earlier, which she'd intended for Towhee to not understand. Sometimes, you just had to say things in the presence of someone, but not necessarily have them understand what you were saying in order to get something off your chest. 

Towhee's next comment caused her to chuckle, and she nodded, and lowered her head to sniff along the borders as they moved in tandem, keeping silent, more for her own benefit than anything.