Stavanger Bay Just a young gun with a quick fuse.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Joining 
@Smokestep since they have a past, but other's can jump in, too!

Zig trotted down the beach in the shallow part of the water, liking the way to cold water felt on his paws. He seemed as to be moving with no real purpose, but he actually was looking for a particular place. That's just how he always did things. There was no need to hurry. Instead, he moved through the shallow water, enjoying the feeling of his paws sinking into the goopy sand. His coat was damp as he had also gone for a swim earlier, unable to resist the need to jump into the ocean. He wasn't in the habit of denying himself any instant gratification when he had the urge to do something, no matter the situation.

Finally, he arrived at what he thought was the correct place. He could tell this was the border of a pack's territory, but he wasn't quite sure it was the pack he was looking for. It had been a while since he and Smokestep had been partners in crime, but Zig remembered a few details of the home Smokestep had occasionally mentioned. It had peaked Zig's interest and he had thought about maybe seeking Smokestep out once he had his fill of the traveling lifestyle. And, that's why Zig found himself here now. So, he sat down, tilted his head back, and let out a howl, hoping that his old friend would remember him.
Took the breath from my open mouth
Never known how it broke me down
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
The howl that echoed out over the waters was surprisingly familiar. The long-legged Captain had been waded deep in the shallows, searching for a prize within the depths of the murky ocean when it had drifted overhead. Lifting his crown up sharply and turning in the direction of the summons, Smokestep searched to see if he was mad or if the call was truly there. On the edges of their beach, he could make out a diluted little brown blob of a figure who seemed to be waiting patiently for someone to arrive. Curiosity managed to take hold of him and pull him from his wading spot.

Trotting out onto the beach and shaking his pelt free of lose droplets, the ghostly corsair sauntered in the direction of the caller. As he drew closer, his dark lips curled into a surprised grin of delight. Closer still, and the yearling was trotting through the sand. It did not take long before he set out at a quick-paced canter and closed the remaining distance between himself and the other wolf. “Ziggy! Oi, mate… it’s good to see ye,” he barked happily, flagging his tail behind him as he trotted toward the sandy brown wolf. “I’d recognize them baby blues anywhere…”
calling to join them the wretched and joyful
shaking the wings of their terrible youths
freshly disowned in some frozen devotion
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Not too long after his howl had left his mouth, Zig saw a wolf approaching. He stood when he could tell the wolf was the friend he had hoped to find here. At Smokestep's excitement and recognition, the brown wolf wagged his tail and gave a playful bow. He walked close enough to the familiar wolf to give him a friendly shoulder bump and excitedly replied, "Hey, Man! How ya been?" He grinned in response to the baby blues comment and, chuckling a little, said, "That's how I charm tha ladies, too."

"I'm super stoked to find ya here, Smoke!" Zig said, continuing to grin. "I wasn't sure I found tha right place," he added, panting happily. He was hoping the other wolf still had a wild side. Even though Zig was ready to join a pack, he didn't plan on taking himself too seriously.
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
“Aha! Aye, I’m sure it helps,” the ghostly yearling laughed and responded to the male’s first remark. It was strange for him to feel the influx of reminiscence; it washed over him like a wave before his companion’s words pulled him from the memories of their past.

A swift smile spread across his dark lips and the young Captain flagged his tail pleasantly. “I’m sure glad ye stumbled in. Wos beginnin’ to miss me mate,” Smokestep returned. Part of him wondered what it was that had brought Zigzag all the way from his home to the edges of the Ironsea territory. The pirate knew that plenty of answers would fall through at a later time; instead, he forced himself to focus on the fact that pirates were showing up on the borders of his claim. These were not wolves who needed to be taught how to live the life of a corsair. They were already baptized in the high seas.

“Right, well… I’m hopin’ yer here to join the Ironsea crew. Don’t disappoint, now…” a charming wink followed the goading remark, hoping that they could cross the barrier and move further into the pack.  
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Zig gave a lopsided grin and replied, "Ah, I missed you too, friend." Not many he had met during his time as a vagabond had been worthy of his loyalty, but Smokestep was. He felt like they were cut from the same cloth; a feeling he didn't attribute to most. 

At his friend's inquiry, he gave a slow nod and said, "That's exactly why I'm here. Finally decided to join a pack again and couldn't think of a better place than Ironsea." He followed his statement with a grin and a wag of his tail. There was really no other place for him. Although his interest in most things was usually fleeting, he somehow knew this would be different. Maybe it was that, for some reason, he couldn't see himself pledging his life to anyone else. Whatever it was that drew him here, there was no doubt in his mind that this was where he wanted to be.
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
I got you added to the ranks, my friend! There's info in the Ironsea only category for how to climb into the higher tiers, but no rush at all. I need to get Smokestep out of the game for a short while so he can search for his sister, so if you'd like to fade with your next post, that would be great. <3
There was something comforting about being among another person of like-mindedness. There was something in the striking of a pirate friendship that inspired the pallid young corsair. He felt a little more at ease knowing Zigzag was there. He felt as though he could settle into his own bones and relax on the shores of his home. While it was difficult for him to place into words, there was a gratefulness in his gaze as he invited his old friend over the barrier of the pack with a gentle swinging of his head.

“I’m glad to have ye, mate. Let’s take ye fer the tour, aye? An’ maybe we can fish, just like the good ol’ days,” Smokestep offered, gesturing for them to wander further into the pack. The bay was a lavish home and the young pirate was eager to share the seas with Zigzag again. It was a good life in his crew, and he was more than certain that his old companion would find the area suitable enough to stay. Of course, Smokestep had to offer the boy the rules, but he had an inclination that Ziggy already knew what it meant to be a pirate – they were born and bred of the same blood. “Ye know once ye join the crew, it’s a life deal. But that’s standard, innit? Fer any crew. Don’t let it worry ye; ye’ll have a swell time here. Let’s go show ye around.”

With that, Smokestep leapt into the sands with a laugh and charged across the bay, waiting for Zigzag to gain some speed on him so that they might race. The day was bright, and summer was right around the corner; soon, they would be drinking rum and fishing in the swell to relieve the heat.  
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Will do!

Zig gave a quick nod and wagged his tail before turning to follow his friend into the pack's territory. When Smokestep brought up the stipulation for joining, Zig was not surprised; he knew what it meant to live the life of a pirate and had no plans to leave. He gave a quick nod of affirmation and answered, "No worries here. It's nothin' I didn't expect."  

Zig watched as his old friend excitedly took off into a run, and he soon followed suit. He grinned as he ran, his tongue falling out to flap against his cheek. He soon caught up to smoke and matched his pace as they ran further into Ironsea territory. He let out a gleeful laugh, glad to be here and excited for their future antics.