Heron Lake Plateau oh no, not again
'cause i'm a hopeless wanderer
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
All Welcome 
maybe @Towhee !!1

Clover lurked around her families den for the most part, thinking of what she had perceived as a threat from Tit. She had mentioned the incident to @Finley and @Elwood and were sure that they would be extra on the lookout, too, so she went to move her patrol toward the borders. Any scent of Tit she deigned to actively avoid at this point, knowing that if she saw him her fuse would burst and she would outright attack him for his bullying of her brother. 

Colt was back, which made her happy, and Fiadh had been boosted in the ranks, which also made her happy. Tegan and Niamh had returned, and Niamh, new though she was, found her place above the two Blackthorn sisters. Clover had decided she thought Niamh was okay enough, though her immediate rise, despite her traveling with Tegan, was interesting to her. Clover liked her, but did not quite respect her, yet, in not knowing her very well. She was sure she had done some great shit on the outside that Tegan had observed to be promoted. 

Maybe she and @Fiadh should go on a trip. No—they had to protect their brothers, until they were old enough to protect themselves. 

Clover arrived at the borders with a bit of a stormcloud above her head, and walked along it, marking it here and there.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Speaking of thunderclouds, Towhee peered at the horizon from where she hunched in the plateau's shadow, orange eyes studying the storm brewing there. She was glad for it. Fatigue from the heat had pushed her to seek the shade and rest in the middle of her patrol, unwilling to risk another heatstroke. Some rain would cool the air considerably.

Despite the coming relief, she chewed on the inside of her cheek, wondering how she would handle the dog days of summer if she was already struggling with the increasing temperatures. She liked to think she would grow accustomed to them, given some exposure. Surely she'd only reacted like that due to rapid transition from wintry chills to thick summer heat.

Clover's arrival scattered Towhee's thoughts. As the younger wolf strode in her direction, the Beta climbed to her feet and loosed a bark. Her tail waved slowly as she waited for Clover's approach. It was good to see her sister, even if she already began bracing herself. They hadn't reconvened since the shift in the leadership ranks and she knew the yearling would probably want to pick her brain about it a bit.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
'cause i'm a hopeless wanderer
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Towhee's bark effectively distracted her, and Clover altered her course. 

She made way toward the now-Beta, tail swaying slightly. Frustrated though she was over her accepting Tit, Clover still loved her at the end of the day. Still, she had to let her know: you know Tit is feeding my brother nightmare fodder, right? I'm going to kick his ass into next year Towhee, she forewarned, if I sniff him near them again. Anyway, how's semi-retirement? Towhee wasn't the alpha anymore, which Clover also did not hold against her, unlike her mother. Clover was a bit confused by it all, but didn't see the point in arguing about it. 

Clover knew for a fact she wasn't going to change her mind on that at least. When her mind was set, it was set, and having heard Towhee discuss not wanting to be a leader... well, it seemed inevitable that she pass the torch. This soon? No, she wouldn't have thought so. But, it is how it is. Clover loved Raven, too, and so did not mind seeing her in a position of leadership.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
By way of greeting, Clover griped about Screech. This wasn't unexpected. Towhee's ears tilted sideways as she pondered the words. "Nightmare fodder?" she questioned, not really sure what that meant. "Semi-retirement?" she parroted also, this one followed by a scoffing laugh. "Hardly. But Beta's treating me much better than Alpha, actually, thanks for asking. But," she pressed, not wanting the topic to get lost, repeating, "Nightmare fodder...?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)