Broken Boulder falling for forever
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
Korei had found herself staying up late at night, once again. The usual thing that happened with her lately. Staying up late, to watch over the stars. They kept her comfort, kept her happy. Made her feel like she always had company every night, for they always came by every night. For her to see...for her to enjoy...for her. 

@Alarian
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He couldn't sleep.
Alarian had been in a nonstop state of 'freak the fuck out' since his conversation with Queenie— what had he been thinking, anyway? He was still mad, honestly— still thought she had acted entitled, rude— but he regretted lashing out. She was pregnant, after all. But, whatever, right? She had her dumb rank, even if it didn't really mean much (especially not without any background in the pack to back it up).
And he had— um, well, nothing. He had a pack that he was certain didn't want him running it— he had a sister who hated him— he had his grief. Pacing, the boy didn't notice Korei until he almost ran into her; he backed up a few paces with a slight huff, annoyed for a moment that she had gotten in the way. Guilt replaced the feeling, but he regarded her silently. Conversation wasn't on the list of things he was dying for, but, it was Korei. So he waited to see if she would say anything, knowing she would because, again, Korei.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia flinched with a squeak as she heard someone huff, very close to her. And she turned, and smiled across her muzzle upon seeing Alarian. "Ali! Ali, how are you?" she asked, her tail wagging behind her gently. He was using less and less words, and sometimes she began to wonder if she was becoming annoying as she had thought herself to be in Moonspear.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Tail wagging, he offered a weak smile. Hi Korei, Alarian said tiredly, nosing her cheek. I'm— I'm okay. How are you?
He was grateful for the small talk; though she had yet to show any sign of even thinking about it, Ali still feared she would bring up their break-up. Though he was more confident in his sexuality now (having successfully worked out that he was not into Lily, or any girl), he still dreaded telling her. If he was lucky, he thought, he could avoid it indefinitely. He usually wasn't.
Either way, now would be possibly the worst time to deal with it.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was all cheery and accepted the cheek nudge with a smile. "Feeling great! As I always do with the stars. They're always there" she said, turning her gaze up to the night sky now. They were always there for her. To keep her company as always. "Why are you up late?" she then asked, tipping her head back in his direction.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The Governor was pleased to see Korei was in a good mood; she usually was, he noted with some envy. He followed her gaze towards the sky, not looking back even when he felt her eyes on him again. They were always there— if only that meant anything to him. Distant as they were, the stars offered no guidance, no comfort. At least they did for Korei.
No reason, Alarian lied easily, sitting down next to her with eyes still turned skyward. He reached for some change of topic— Which stars are you looking at tonight? Well, at least that would keep her talking for awhile.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia shifted her gaze back up towards the sky. She normally had no reason except the stars so she couldn't really argue or think much on the reason he was here. She sat down, tail gently sweeping back and forth behind her. "Any stars, all the stars" she answered back. "Plenty of stars for me to look at today."
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Why don't you tell me about some of them? He asked, a little absently; he might have been frustrated at her vagueness, but he was already tuning out. Guilt nagged at him, but he found more comfort in Korei's company than in her words. That wasn't the worst thing ever, right? Alarian liked her— he liked being around her— he just didn't always like listening to her. Maybe if she wasn't intent on acting like nothing had happened... but then, he didn't exactly want to confront it, either. Life was hard. I've got plenty of time to listen.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei smiled gently, she liked talking to Alarian. He was nice company. And asking to hear of the stars, she obliged as she usually did when someone asked. And she pointed her nose at each constellation she named. "That one? That's the Big Dipper. And that one? That's the Little Dipper. Oh, and that one there I always picture in the shape of a wolf, so I named that one The Sky Wolf" she said, proud of herself.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
His gaze followed each direction she pointed, noting each constellation Korei pointed out. He resisted the urge to snort when she said The Sky Wolf; it wasn't a very creative name, but, oh well. It was kind of cute. Alarian was quiet for the most part, offering only a nod to show he was listening. After several beats, though, he felt compelled to contribute something.
I knew a guy— He paused; it had been some time since he had allowed himself to recall Silvius. Who said he could hear the stars singing at night. 'Course, he also thought cat shit had healing properties; he was a little weird. Hot, but weird.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei felt her tag wagging behind her small self, smiling to herself as Alarian followed along with his gaze, as she saw out of the corner of her eye. She had a soft spot for him, a great and close friend to her. And had always been such a great and close friend. 

He started talking and she glanced at him, tipping her head so one of her ears flopped down. "Stars singing?" She looked back. "I've not heard stars singing...but I sometimes sang to the stars" she murmured the last part. She didn't really let anyone know that as it was usually quiet. And it was more so talking to them in a sweet voice. "And what's that about cat poop?"
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian nodded; he hadn't ever heard the stars sing, either, and had never expected he would. He thought again that the man he spoke of had been very strange, but chose not to voice it. It didn't matter anyway— in the next moment, he had to stifle a laugh as she questioned his comment about cat waste.
Nothing, He murmured, then yawned— yeah, he was tired now. With a faint smile and a gentle nudge to her shoulder, he turned to leave. I think I'm going to try to sleep. Thanks for telling me about stars, Korei. Goodnight!