The Sunspire So this is your home
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"No, no - don't worry about - the path is wide and spacious from this point on," Wraen calmed her friend down, then gestured to follow her. Though the wall of the mountains was not so steep here as if to scare with a rapid and heavy fall, if one did not stay on the narrow strip of horizontal land, he or she would find themselves hard at work balancing on the slope and not trying to slip and roll down. 

"In reincarnation? Yes and no," she replied. "Yes, because it is a very interesting theory to entertain oneself with, because I think that our greatest fear is that of not existing," she turned to look over her shoulder at Sebastian. "With our vibrant here and now it is dreadful to think that there could be absolutely nothing in the end," there was a moment of silence.

"But I have always had a suspicion that our soul is inseparable from our bodies, that this really is it. One shot at life, no second chances," she said. "And believe it or not - this thought gives an entirely different perspective on life. You treasure it more," a word of an advice to her friend too. "Or the third option is to commend your soul to any god that can find it and hope for the best," and this was it.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was glad to hear that and relaxed his muscles more. This would mean less strain on his shoulder. Still, the medic was pleased that he could at least use his leg and put pressure on it. He wasn't complaining about the limp. He listened to her reasoning about reincarnation. Did he believe in reincarnation? He didn't think so. "I am not sure what I believe," he admitted.

'I always thought that your soul would leave your body after death but maybe it won't. I wouldn't even know where it goes if it would split from your body," he chuckled then. He started to go slower and panted slightly. He still wanted to continue but he noticed that his muscles were starting to strain.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"All the more reason for living here and now only," Wraen replied and was about to quicken her pace, since the path was going downards now, when she noticed that her companion had become more careful in the way he moved.

"Am I too fast?" she asked him in concern. "We can take a break, if you need one. We are almost there anyway - won't make much difference, if we rest now or later."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian could only agree. The male nodded, though wasn't replying because he was focussing on his way down. The female asked if he needed a rest. She was faster than him which was rather logical as he couldn't put much pressure on his shoulder. "No no," he spoke. "If I rest now then I might not get up again. I will just be a bit slower with my shoulder," he explained to her.

The male was relieved to hear that they would be there soon. The male kept his iron focus on not tripping and making it down safely. When he did the male instantly went to lie down. "I'm becoming an old man. I hate it," he complained.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Don't be too hard on yourself," Wraen encouraged Sebastian, feeling sympathy for his ailment. "After all - you have walked up and accross and eventually down a mountain. That is quite a journey - there is no shame in getting tired," and conscious of this, she yawned and sat down herself.

"Morningside is that way," she told him, beckoning to the Northern range of the valley. "You can either take this passage between the mountains," she pointed out to the belt of green between the tall cliffs, "or you can walk west for a bit, carefully pass by a claimed territory and cross a bog."

I think that we can fade this? Thank you for the thread! Wraen might come to visit Sebastian in his new dwelling place.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian offered her a smile. "I know," he admitted and sighed softly. He tended to be hard on himself at times, asking too much from his body even when injured. He went to sit down next to Wraen. "Thanks," he spoke. Glad that she was supportive and just called him out when he was asking too much of himself. He offered her a warm smile.

"I think I will take the passage between the mountains," he told her. He took his rest before saying goodbye to his friend. The male was eager to see his sister and would not let his shoulder try to hold him back too much. The male thanked Wraen for her help and told her that she was welcome to visit him anytime she wanted at Morningside.

I faded it here so we can have a new thread! <3