Serpent Lake i'll wait for you there like a stone.
12 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Her travels had brought her north,  path aimed for the coast for no reason other than to see the ocean for the very first time.  It was her plan until the scent of one of her brothers returned, and she abandoned her new mission and returned to the original one.  Loyalty trumped any wanderlust coarsing through her blood, ever present though it was.  Part of her expected to lose the scent again;  she was always cautious of hoping too much,  fearing the misfortune of disappointment. But Tseitel followed  Adler's scent trail quite a ways southeast,  all the while pondering what his own plans had been - what he had been thinking about along the way,  if he was searching for her,  and why Aldo's odor did not accompany his twin brother's. 

The scent brought her to the rocky shores of a small lake. Thirst itching her throat,  Tseitel snickered to herself, feeling a moment of happiness.  He had come here for water too,  and although it was an obvious and silly thing,  it seemed for a moment like they were together again,  exploring and discovering a new water source; like they had done countless times before. The giddy feeling faded into disheartening nostalgia,  her little smile disappearing and her ears slowing drifting downward. 

the pale-toned agouti picked her way carefully down the jagged bank,  lost in thought.  As her luck would have it,  Tseitel missed a potential foothold and tumbled down the rocks into the water with a light splash.  The icy water stung shallow scrapes and wounds caused by ripping stones. She winced, attempting to right herself. She was just so clumsy sometimes.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Once more he found himself wandering from the territory he was now supposed to call home. He found that in the recent days having time to himself was a must. And so he found himself heading in a southern direction, away from Blackfeather Woods. 

Siarut had seen the lake, but had yet to make a decision about stopping when he heard the rough and tumble of someone falling down the jagged edge. Making his way more carefully he peered over to see a woman in the water. Quirking his head to the side Sia called out to her, "Perhaps you should be watching where you put your paws." 

She appeared to be alright, but he couldn't help the snide remark that left his maw.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

12 Posts
Ooc —
Tseitel,  dripping wet,  looked up and beheld a creature as magnificent as he was fearsome and flinched at his sudden appearance.  Her ears lowered in both embarrassment and instinctive submission.  "I... Yes, " she spoke,  allowing a sheepish chuckle to exit her maw.  She stepped out of the water and onto the rocks before giving her coat a thorough shake. She had to pause midway through this action, however,  when she realized his proximity to the spray of water flying from her fur.  

"I'm sorry," she spoke hurriedly. The girl tensed up slightly, trying to prevent herself from shivering, and failing.  She trembled gently as she regarded him with large,  curious eyes.

"My name is Tseitel."
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Lifting his head to avoid the spray from the woman's fur. He wasn't impressed to be wet, but he could live with it. Sia offered the woman a firm grunt in response to her apology. 

"I am Siarut." 

She was very submissive, which was interesting to him. He didn't know very many submissive wolves, other than his mother. But that wasn't something he wanted to be reminded of. Siarut took a few steps away to give her space to shake the excess water if she needed to. He didn't want her to be cold, especially when she could enjoy the summer weather. 

"Where are you headed?" Sia didn't think she could make the journey wherever it was she was headed. Lone Wolves tended to be tough out of neccessity, she didn't seem all that tough. Perhaps it was a ruse. To be sure he looked over his shoulder, left then right. To make sure she didn't have an accomplice waiting for her signal.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

12 Posts
Ooc —
The stranger,  who introduced himself as Siarut,  seemed minimally bothered by the water spray,  even taking a few steps back to allow her ample space to rid her coat of any remaining water.  She did so,  giving it all she had this time, shaking from nose to tail tip.  This did little to warm her up,  however;  that might take a few minutes, and the pale she-wolf found herself feeling grateful that it was currently the warm season.  Otherwise such a spill undoubtedly would have proven disastrous,  possibly deadly.  Even so,  Tseitel wondered if she should feel chilled at all,  and in that moment she became even more aware of her plight.  The deficiency in body fat rendered her more  susceptible to even slightly less-than-warm temperatures.  Very often,  she shivered after sunset.  

her ears faltered further in response to his question, frosted-ivy eyes gleaming forlornly.  I... I don't know. she spoke softly.  I have been searching for my brothers for... Weeks. Hope of ever reuiniting with them dwindled with each passing day,  as did hope for her own future.  Siarut was not wrong in thinking her weak - Tseitel very much was weak,  and she knew it.  She was not a wolf suited to solitary life.

She rolled her bony shoulders into a small,  pathetic sort of shrug.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut was unimpressed by her demeanor, but at least she seemed aware of her inability which earned her some brownie points in the long run. She hadn't thought of where to go, which was an error if you weren't suited to the life of a loner. But he coudl understand her desire to find her siblings, it was the same reason he himself left home and that even raised his inclinations toward the woman.

"Have you thought of what you might do if you don't find your brother?" There was no use bringing his own family into the mix with an unknown female. He asked a question that even he himself hadn't thought of, but it was a question she should think of none the less. However he asked out of more than just curiosity. If she were willing to be recruited Siarut might take the woman to his northern leader.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

12 Posts
Ooc —
[b]"Yes," Tseitel answered,  considering her answer for a second. "[b][b]...But not specifically.  I... I know I will need to find a pack. Otherwise -- otherwise I'll die." [/b] It was a statement of the obvious.  She was well past the stage of hating herself for not being stronger and smarter. It was just something she had learned to accept.  Not all canines could thrive without the help of a pack;  this was why wolves lived in packs in the first place.  For Tseitel,  it was not merely the issue of physical survival,  but emotional survival as well.  Without others she felt her sense of self worth waning, and she felt herself growing more and more lost and without purpose.  

[b]"I have scented a few packs nearby.  But I don't know which I should join.  I don't even know how to go about joining a pack,"[/b] She sniffed and licked her nose nervously.  "[b]I've never done it before." [/b]Actually, the very idea of walking upon the borders of a strange wolf pack and seeking membership chilled her to the bone.  But it wasn't really necessary for the snowy male to know that.[/b][/b]
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut remained impassive, he wasn't one to put himself out there. However she seemed to have come to a conclusion on her own, perhaps it was something she had always known. What ever the reasoning, it could work in his favour. 

"Do you have skills a pack might be looking for?" He would start with the basics, to make up his mind. Blackfeath could always use new blood. No matter her skill level he figured she might be able to come in handy.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

12 Posts
Ooc —
She noted that his expression didn't change much and was a bit unsettled.  Perhaps it was her hunger-ravaged  mind playing tricks on her.  Tseitel perked her ears at his question,  pleased that he wanted to help her.  At least,  that was what she assumed he was doing; trying to help her figure out what her next move should be.  It did not occur to her than an invitation was imminent,  as he had not yet informed her of such,  nor had he mentioned that he was a pack wolf himself.  

"Well,  I am a trained scout.  A decent one, " she added softly.  Tseitel wasn't one to brag - she hadn't a pretentious or boastful bone in her body.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut tilted his head to one side, scouts often came in handy. He himself was trained in the same trade, and was trying to prove such skills to Kove. He slowly nodded his head as if contemplating her options. The northner wasn't one to brag, and so assumed that when she claimed to be decent at her craft that she was indeed decent. 

"Yet you are not used to travel?" Siarut himself had already done a lot of exploring around the Teekon Wilds, and while he loved to spend time at home with his family he was also prone to travel. "Used to being on your own." It wasn't necessarily guaranteed that scouts travelled alone, but that had generally been Sia's experience. Perhaps he might learn something new in the ways of another pack.

His olive gaze looked over the woman once more, "If you so desired I could give you a good word with my pack. It's no guarantee, but it's better than nothing." The pale man offered her a home, as if it was any day of the week. However, he felt that a scout might be advantagous to Blackfeather Woods, besides it was someone else his younger sister could learn from perhaps. A perhaps this woman Tseitel might learn a thing or two about confidence within Blackfeather, it wasn't a pack for the feint of heart.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

12 Posts
Ooc —
Tseitels ears drooped a bit at his words,  unsure how to answer and embarrassed.  She wasn't sure it was worth it to defend her skill because her scope of experience was so limited . "Uh,  my pack was small. We rarely needed to travel far and I often trained with my brothers... I have never been alone...  Quite this long. " her words were steady as she made this admission.  Perhaps she was not as good of a scout as she thought.  Tseitel was slowly learning that the world was much larger and more chaotic than she had first thought. 

Her large eyes widened when Siarut next spoke and she canted her head in surprise.  This was not something she had expected.  An offer to recruit her into his own pack.  She did not know how to respond.  Should she abandon the search for her brothers in exchange for the chance to live?  Tseitel desperately wanted to live and it was growing clear that this would be impossible if she did not seek a pack very soon.  

"I... Thank you.  I'd be honored." but what would happen from here?  Would she follow him today or would he perhaps give her instructions to find his homeland? She studied him with uncertainty.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut could understand her training with her brother, as Takiyok often joined him on his own scouting excursions as a training exercise. However he was confident that Tak would be fine should she find herself on her own. He was beginning to doubt her ability, but perhaps she was still to new to their trade. Mentally shrugging, he threw his head over his shoulder. "Come on. You can follow me back if you wish."

He had to get back to his sister's, it was getting late and they probably wouldn't get their until tomorrow afternoon, if they travelled the majority of the night.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

12 Posts
Ooc —
As Tseitel studied his handsome pale face,  she questioned herself. She questioned him and she questioned the world.  Fear and uncertainty formed a deep void within her,  a void which threatened to consume her.  She was drifting into the darkest spaces in her mind when he beckoned her.  Dazedly, silently,  she put one paw before the other and followed him into the wilderness.