Big Salmon Lake He called my name and my heart stood still
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Private 
@Fire a little closer to RH so it might appear as if you are returning home

Siarut had been spending more days outside Blackfeather than within. He was starting to settle in, and he was glad to have his siblings close, but nothing beat the time spent on his own. The time he spent exploring the Teekon Wilds. He had never felt the itch to travel before. Perhaps it was his overbearing father, or his protective need, or maybe just the fact that he had now experienced the world he had no inclination to be tied down once more.

He had taken to reaching out to lone wolves in the area. Trying to recruit them to his new home, and bring new life into the Woods that were quickly enveloping him. Siarut had claimed himself the Blackfeather gateway, reaching out with the knowledge of Blackfeather Woods the he was learning. 

After meeting with his friend Speedy once more he had come to a new resolve. He had found his home and now had to make the best of it. It might not have fit his personality whilst joining, but he would strive to become the wolf Blackfeather needed. 

He was currently on one of his daily outtrips in search of fresh blood to recruit, and perhaps had walked a little further from home than he had meant to. He found himself on the edge of a huge lake. Reminded of the secretive girl he had might a few weeks prior, Siarut took his chances at hunting. Although his prey wasn't ducks this time around, it was fish. Standing on a rock the ice bear looked down at the water, watching the new salmon going about their business.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Have been told that it's okay to assume that Fire has been recruited to RHC & settled in.  Thank you!

Much like Siarut, Ceara did not wish to be contained.  She had spent some time at the Plateau — which Stray will thread out later — but she figured her efforts would be best spent putting herself to use.  She had begun to hunt when opportunity arose and spent a morning or two patrolling the borders before she set off to see what kind of resources there were in the Wilds nearby.

It turned out that there were plenty of large bodies of water abundant with prey.  They had those orchards, too, which was nice.  The Redhawks seemed to have made an intelligent decision in where they had decided to settle.  She traced the edge of the lake, occasionally dipping in the water beneath the high summer sun.  And what do you know?  On the distance, in the horizon — was that Siarut?

She pulled herself from the water and crept closer to the nebulous white silhouette, squinting because the sunlight kind of made it difficult to tell from the distance.  She could tell he was crouched, though, probably fishing.  

The firebrand continued until the wind shifted towards her and allowed her to confirm his identity, then she chuffed quietly as to not scare the fish.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Sounds good! Unfortunate dice roll = no fish for dinner tonight lol

Siarut took his time, with a specific fish swimming about just below his snout. He was so close to the water, he could almost smell it. His ear twitched as he heard the familiar chuff. He lifted his head slightly, just a hair to get a better look at the approaching figure. 

Ceara.

Refocusing his efforts, he took another moment before lunging head first into the water. Snapping his strong jaws, he tried in vain to catch the salmon. He felt the flick of a fin against his snout. He came up sputtering, trying to flush the water from that had found its way up his nose. He was throughly soaked, not that he minded to much, the water was nice. 

Recovering from his failed attempt, Siarut looked over his shoulder at the woman that had approached. "Little Dragon." He dipped his head at the woman in greeting. His paws still soaking in the water. He took a moment to back out of the lake, and shook his fur of the excess water.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

He acknowledged her with his gaze and nothing more, and for a moment her blood rushed to her ears.  What, was she being stupid again?  Did she have a giant leech hanging off of her face or something?  She felt heat creep into her cheeks — nothing was worse than looking stupid — before she slicked a paw over her snout just in case.

The Northerner's attention pulled from the firebrand and back towards the salmon.  He crouched, muscled form taut as he dove into the water.  She saw the fish escape from between Siarut's thick fangs and it began to swim her way.  She tried her luck and lunged after it as well but missed terribly, instead cutting her lip on a river stone.

Well, fuck.  How did she even play this off and not look like a moron?  Can't win them all, I guess.  How have you been?  Her tail flicked behind her and she snorted, freshwater spilling from her nose and she licked over the small wound on her lip.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"A good effort to my failed attempt." Siarut shrugged slightly, but a smile found its way to his lips as his green gaze watched her form. "I'm fine, thanks. Taking sometime for my wandering thoughts once again." He chuckled, referring to their previous awkward turned comfortable encounter. "Thought I might treat you to dinner this time." Although he hadn't know she would be near he couldn't help the banter that fell from his lips.

They were once again washed in the colourful horizon of oranges, pinks, and purples. A beautiful summer evening, similar to their last.

Concern leeched its way through the thrill of seeing the woman again however, at the sight of blood seeping down her maw. "Are you alright?" Siarut took a step toward the petit woman, to inspect the cut further, trying to see if it was deep.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Her intense gunmetal gaze scrutinized the water as it dripped from the drenched northerner's pelt and the rippling musculature beneath.  She found her way to the puckered, taut flesh of his shoulder — for what it was, it looked like it would heal well.

What a gentleman.  The words were dry, but the undamaged portion of her lips quirked up in the same lopsided grin.  Glad to hear you're doing well.

She licked over the stinging wound on her lip again.  It's fine.  Facial wounds always bled more, seemed more serious than they ever were.  Your shoulder looks good.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He shook his head at her salty words, the smirk making its way back to his chops. He still peered at the lip nudging the side of her face with the tip of his nose to get a better look. When he was satisfied that the wound wasn't fatal he looked over at his own shoulder. Well as best her could. 

"It'll leave a nice reminder though." He grimaced at the thought, and gave a a small sigh. "Thanks again for the help. Let me know how I can pay you back." He let their closeness sit, enjoying her company befre turning her own quesiton back.

"How are you doing, Ququriaq?" The ice bear wondered if she might notice the nickname, or ignore it all together. He didn't much care, it was now her name. Wether she liked it or not.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

The Northerner came close enough to touch and she raised her lip for inspection, letting him pry.  It wasn't like she had been the one to patch him up, no, her word didn't mean jack.  He had to see for himself.  It was amusing in its own right.

Sorry.  Talk of his shoulder seemed to bring memories.  Her thoughts went wild with could-bes and what-ifs, but she didn't want to pry too hard — big dude was just starting to trust her.  No need.  Keep me company for a while, we'll be even.

She rolled back onto her haunches but made no move to pull away.  Hey, is that your language?  Where are you from, anyway?  She chuckled and ducked her head.  I'm uh, I'm good.  Settled down for a little bit with some family.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Keeping the lady company seemed easy enough and he followed her lead, coming to sit alongside her. He was glad she moved away from the topic of his father, that was a loaded conversation that he doubted any but family could help him deal with. 

She seemed genuinely curious of the nickname he had given her, or rather she had given herself. His cheeky grin spread across his maw as he hatched a devious plan. "It's a very nefarious term." Sia winked at Ceara, refusing to divulge what the term actually meant. "I'm from the north, a pack called Aningan Tundra. Our language is called Inuttuk." He emphasised the the pronunciation to try and help her understand.

Siarut was glad she had found her family. It was always nice to have someone there for you. "I am happy for you, family is important. It seems we both have roots within the Wilds now." He chuckled slightly, it was weird to think he had roots outside of the arctic. But the only family that matter lived here, in Blackfeather, and Sia wouldn't give them up for the world.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Pft.  Why give her a nickname she couldn't even understand?  Maybe he wanted her to push him further... but then again, maybe not.  Siarut was closed off to pretty much all forms of inquiry.  Suit yourself, big boy.  She gave him a playful nudge and snorted.

Pretty far away then, neh?  Her last pack had been from the damn desert, though.  Do you guys like it down here?  How many of you are there, anyways?  It wasn't like he'd tell her anyway, heh.

Yeah, I was out eating some apples when someone comes along and asks me how they taste.  She wondered briefly if Siarut had ever even heard of apples, since he was apparently from Buttfuck, Nowhere.  So we get to talkin' and turns out there's a ton of my family here.

Still no sign of Tadpole.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He swayed with her nudge, and a smile playing on his lips. She didn't need to know what it meant just yet, he liked it that way, one day she might learn it's definition but not this day. 

"Very far." He concured with a nod of his head, before taking a moment to look around as the sun continued to descend. "No." He gave a small chuckle, and shook his head. Shivali seemed to be fine in the weather, and even Tomkin seemed fine. However, Tahani and himself found the weather disgustingly hot, "The weather is stiffling, sufficating almost. Only the night brings relief." His green gaze returned to the firey female.  "There are four of us, my littermates and one of our younger siblings." He was still compelled to conseal their names, however he wasn't as leery of the woman.

Apple? He had no clue what an apple was. "Are these apples difficult to catch?" He assumed they were some sort of prey, or why would she have been eatting them. "You didn't know they were here?" Siarut had never been seperated from his family before, I mean there must have been some that had left like his sister but he hadn't given them much thought. "Do you not know them well?"
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Oh.  Well there's gotta be something good about the place, right?  At least the Wilds don't get too warm for ya.  The firebrand would have preferred the warmer weather, but the Wilds had only been getting up to the mid-sixties.  She'd have to make do.

She laughed good-naturedly at his ignorance.  Apples!  They're fruit.  They don't make a very good meal, but they're a fine snack.  Tell you what. If you wanna hike a little further west next time you're dying to see me, I'll even bring you some, eh?  

You didn't know they were here?  Do you not know them well?

Ceara sobered strikingly fast.  No.  There are more of us than I can count.  The phoenix did not know, but there were nearly nine hundred of them on the family tree — there was absolutely no way she would have known them all.  They're mostly older siblings, and we've got two who were just born.  She shrugged.  'S why I wasn't traveling with anyone.  I haven't made very many — well, friends, I guess.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut could agree with her assement of the weather, "I suppose that's the only upside, if we travelled any further south I couldn't imagine the heat." 

She lived west, a tidbit he hid away for later. He gave her a raise brow, if he were dying to see her, his smile pulled at the corners of his lips. He left the hanging only nodding his head. He wasn't sure about the apples though, he didn't know what fruit was but he prefered his more traditional prey. 

Sia couldn't imagine not know his family. However it occured to him that his younger siblings that would be born in years to come probably wouldn't know him either. His father would probably never speak of his wayward children every again. "I understand." The ice bear said, somewhat surprised. 

He looked at with an amused gaze, "That's hard to believe." Siarut remembered their cool encounter before, "You don't have to worry though, you're not completely friendless, Ququriaq." He playfully nudged her, perhaps lingering longer than was needed to emphasize his point.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Aw, shucks.  Heat crept into her cheeks, to the tips of her ears.  It burned in the pit of her belly.  She leaned into his nudge and dared to force her contact upon him for longer than even he intended, then cleared her throat and averted her gaze to the ground.  You are going to come see me again, right?

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He was sure she would be able to hear the thudding of his heart, he too felt the blood rushing to the tips of his ears and cheeks. Although his fur prevented his blush from being known, a fact he was most glad for. He was upset when she pulled away, and had to bite his tongue from saying so. 

The clearing of her voice brought them back to the present they had quickly escaped from. Of course he would visit, but with a feigned eye roll he nodded, "I suppose I could make the journey." He grinned at her, perhaps a larger smile than he has ever shown someone outside his family.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Ceara didn't really know what to make of the way her contact with him made her feel.  She was a late bloomer — two full years old just at the end of the breeding season, she had not yet had her first heat or experienced the pull of attraction.  She'd never really set her sights on someone, and nobody had ever found her pretty enough to deal with her mouth.  

Her brows raised and she offered him a slightly lopsided (but very wide) grin.  You know, this is a hike for me!  It's a million miles from my pack.  You gotta give me a break.  

Night had fallen again and worry clenched her gut.  She knew he had obligations, as did she, but she didn't want him to leave.  You gonna head out again soon?

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
His chuckle rumbled from deep within his chest, and the genuine grin returned in spades. "Alright, alright. I'll come see you, if you quite your nagging." Sia's sarcasim dripped with each word. He was going to visit, but not because she was nagging, more because he found a pull, a desire to see her again. A draw so strong that it would pull him from his family, and he had never felt something so strong. 

As he gazed around them, he to took note of the night that had fallen. His sister would probably be enjoying her freedom from his constant companionship. "Not if you stay." Sia's olive eyes sought out her gunmetal grey, she was far from home and knew she wouldn't make it all the way home this night. He had a smaller jaunt, and wouldn't mind staying the night here with her. Purely to make sure she didn't die of the cold, obviously, it wasn't because he craved her company. "I wouldn't want you to freeze or anything." He gaze a haphazard shurg and looked toward his paws quickly.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She didn't know how to do this part, the coquettish flirting, the back-and-forth banter.  Her pulse quickened as he asked her to stay, and oh boy.  A million things came to mind, but they were either too forward or not forward enough, or was she doing this right at all?

There was still a chance he didn't even have the same weird finding-your-feelings going on, and she was going to say something and just ruin it.  Guess you'll just have to keep me warm.  She rolled her shoulders and suppressed a chuckle — now that was forward.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
omg! love!

He could hear the blood rush to his face, his ears, everywhere! He had never thought of a woman in the way he though of Ceara, his father had ruled with an iron fist and romance was not an option. As was very evident with Tomkin's banning. 

Yet here he was flirting with a female, and she was flirting back! He couldn't believe that this attractive firecracker was here, sitting with him. 

Trying to play off the nervousness he felt he smiled at her, showing her that he was game. He wondered briefly if she was stringing him along, but dismissed the thought. At least for now. Instead he lowered himself into a prone position, their closeness no differing as he did so. He welcomed her to rest alongside him, but would understand if she perhaps chose a different sleeping arrangement. This night he had someone new to protect. "I can't let this bulky fur of mine do to waste." He tried to flirt back, but it didn't have quite the same flare as her own comeback.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

— and he was noticeably older than her, too, oh my god what was she doing?  Her mind was essentially doing the equivalent of this because what was she supposed to do now????

She attempted to remain outwardly stoic although her gut roiled dangerously.  The firebrand tucked her head under one powerful forepaw — her heart beat da-dunk! — and as her wildfire fur intermingled with his dense northern pelt, she quivered for more than one reason.

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He watched her tuck her head, and almost laughed, although his own gut turned. Was he being to forward, was it to much for her. He suddenly wondered if he were forced her to do something she didn't want. But she seemed to fold into his form as if she wanted to be there. She did want to be there right? 

He had to believe, and so he curled around her slight form. Lending her his body warmth, sticking to the muse his head had created. He waited for the woman's breaths to even out, before he himself had let his lids fall heavy and drift into slumber.

want to wrap up?
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}