Broken Boulder and a black car that matches your blackest soul
18 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The first thing Brennan set out to do was get himself familiar with the territory. It was easy enough; most of it was grassy plains, breaking into rockier terrain towards the center of the territory. Predictably, the giant split boulder caught his eye. The male circled it a few times, gazing warily at the dark space between the halves. The wolves of Bracken Sanctuary surely knew what lurked in the dark depths, but whether it was something they lived with or around was another matter entirely. He wasn't sure he wanted to find out on his own, so he lurked near the entrance. Maybe someone would come by and explain eventually if he did a good job of looking lost.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri padded from her den, which truly felt more her own with each day, bad leg dragging and slowing her step. 

Ioa's burial was still fresh, Liri could not help the numbed, deadened feeling that had settled in her brain like a hazy fog. 

It wasn't that she missed the unfamiliar female, she hadn't known Ioa in the least, but her death had reminded the young mother of the past, of what she had lost. 

With a soft sigh, Liri began to hoist herself up and out of the entrance beneath the Boulder. About halfway out, she glanced up and started violently. 

Which is, of course, not the best thing for someone who's working with three legs and trying to climb out of a hole in the ground. 

With a loud crunch of gravel and a small squeak of surprise, Liri tumbles backward into the network of dens.

She pauses there, in a crumpled heap, to collect herself and try not to die out of absolute embarrassment. 

After a moment, the pallid healer's ivory head peeks out of the hole again shyly to confront the male that startled her. 

Liri manages to make it above ground, pausing beside the entrance to observe the newest member of the Sanctuary. 

He's taller, muscular but lean unlike her, ebony with fawn hints, and golden eyes. Summed up, he looks like he's the opposite of Liri. 

"I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone to be right there when I came out," she explains softly, embarrassment casting her gaze aside.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

18 Posts
Ooc —
A wolf appeared from the darkness quite suddenly; small, pale, and as startled as Brennan was to see her. He darted forward instinctively to help when she fell backwards into the shadows she had emerged from. It didn't seem she needed it, though. The golden-eyed male backed off as soon as he realized she had it handled.
"You have nothing to apologize for," He assured her as she finally settled above ground. The woman was scarred, but almost as beautiful as Lanawyn. His gaze trailed the dark freckles smattering the fur between her eyes, forming a dark, ashen stripe down her back. She smelled of herbs and the wilds. A healer, then— not surprising to find in a Sanctuary, Brennan thought. "I shouldn't have lingered so near. Are you alright?"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She should be embarrassed to have him look at her. Ashamed, as she was with Horosk. But she won't allow herself to be. The winter sprite steels her spine; she straightens with a quiet sense of pride for herself.

Liri will not be a victim. She will wear these scars like a warrior come home from battle. 

She watches him warily, hoping he doesn't comment on them. It's not a story for someone she, literally, just ran into. 

"I'm fine, I've seen worse," she quips lightly, with a humorless grin.

"You're new. Got a name?" She's odd and knows it, but can't find it in her to care if she weirds him out.

18 Posts
Ooc —
He nodded, watching as she straightened under his gaze, but did not look away from her. The male had only lingered a moment on her scars, as he was no stranger to the harshness of life. While he found himself mostly unscathed, the warriors of his previous pack bore marks similar to hers. It didn't seem too out of place. Though, maybe for a healer, it was. Brennan eyed her curiously, but without judgment. It certainly seemed like she had seen worse, and he couldn't help but wonder what that had been, exactly.
"I am," He confirmed her next statement with a nod. New as new could get. "My name is Brennan. And you?"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri finds the terse, almost stern, conversation they're in stifling. She has detested small talk since Rosings. 

Everyone there was so nice. So kind, polite, like little songbirds. So nice until you needed them. And then they flew away. 

"Liri. Liri Blackfoot. Come on," she introduces herself hurriedly, gesturing for him to follow as she began to limp away. It was slow going but fast for her. 

"Sorry. I'm not big on chit chat, so we're gonna find something to do," Liri smiles at him sweetly. She hasn't asked if Brennan actually wants to be her friend, but he's capable of making decisions for himself. 

If he wants to stay behind, she'll explore by herself. But the girl needs friends and secretly hopes that she can make one.