Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Post 1,000! :)

Over a week later and Towhee's face still hurt, though significantly less now. After waking up from a long nap on The Roost, the Beta padded to the island's edge and peered into the water, turning her head this way, then that way, to check out her reflection. The wound was healing nicely, though there was a thick scab that would probably eventually turn into a big ole scar. She didn't mind. Towhee figured it made her look tough.

She felt up to a brief patrol, so she swam across the small channel of water to the main shore, then began heading toward the decline that bridged the plateau with the lower adjacent territories. The air felt thick, though not particularly hot today. Towhee glanced upward and noticed some dark clouds gathering on the horizon. It would probably rain soon.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
*steals you*

After having taken a small meal to Rosalyn, she set out to find something for Towhee, who, as far as she knew, was recovering on the Roost. She too had spent some time there, allowing her ankle to heal so it had jokingly become, in her mind at least, the isle of the cripples for a few days. She had trouble scoring another bird, but found luck chasing a rabbit to its hole, wherein lay a clutch of kittens. Not like...cat kittens, but baby rabbits, obviously. The mother was what she was really after- but the young would make small snacks, ideal for a day when she was too tired to put a lot of effort into hunting. She marked the rabbit hole and left with the mother, which had been relatively easy to dig out and kill. 

She trotted toward the Roost, and caught sight of Towhee just as she pulled herself from the water. She wuffed a greeting- it was instinct, more than anything, as she knew full well that the greeting wuld likely go unnoticed. She veered directly toward her friend, glad to see that she was getting out and about, even though she was still healing. She pranced toward Towhee, rabbit swinging back and forth from her mouth, before she whipped her head in a circle and let go, sending the rabbit a few feet in the air before it landed further from Towhee than she'd intended, but she was relieved, still, that with her bad aim she hadn't actually hit her friend. "Heya toughguy," She said, approaching to bump her nose gently to Towhee's shoulder. "Lunch is served."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her orange eyes panned away from the horizon at the first sign of movement nearby. Her expression brightened visibly when Niamh came closer, food in tow. Towhee's mouth began to water when her friend unexpectedly threw the rabbit. It went sailing past the Beta and landed in a sad little heap nearby. She gazed at it a moment, gaze slowly tracking back to Niamh.

"Uh," she said, about to make some smart-ass comment about the Delta's aim, but instead found herself grinning a bit stupidly at the nickname. "'Tough guy,' eh? I'll allow it. And thanks for letting me know it's actually meant for me, I couldn't be sure, considering your terribad aim."

After chuckling at her companion's expense, Towhee walked over to the rabbit and plunked down with the carcass held between her forepaws. She tucked in with gusto, making quick work of the meat.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
"Yeah, yeah," She said, rolling her eyes at her friend when she was criticized for both her nickname making abilities and her aim. Towhee seemed glad to have the meal, though, so while she ate, Niamh sat down and fished one hind foot at an itch just above her shoulder, before she set to work pulling at a couple burrs that had become lodged in her pelt while she'd been hunting the rabbit down. She hated burrs. At least the good thing about ducks and birds was that they didn't usually live near burrdock plants. 

She sighed and flopped to the ground when she was done, rolling over onto her back and regarding Towhee, upside down, as she finished her small meal. It didn't occur to her that it might be harder for Towhee to read her lips if she was upside down, she simply assumed her friend would be able to do it. "D'you wanna do something today? Like a patrol or like...I dunno, anything?" She asked. "I'm a bit bored."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She had to slow down a bit, since the rapid movements made her injuries twinge. But Towhee still quickly polished off the rabbit. After she finished, she wiped her mouth with a foreleg, then pressed upward into a sit. She burped loudly and winked down at Niamh, who had pitched herself to the ground and rolled onto her back.

The Delta was saying something but... "I can't read your lips upside down, nerd," Towhee said with a patient smile.

Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
So Towhee couldn't read her lips upside down. Niamh smiled, tongue lolling out of her mouth and dangling down the side of her cheek. She blew a raspberry sound at Towhee and rolled over, shaking her head after she did so- probably a bit too fast, as it gave her a slight head rush. "Shit," She said, with a small laugh. She sat up then, and took a second to shake the dirt and grass that had become embedded in her pelt from rolling on the ground. 

"Just wanted to know if you wanted to do something. I dunno what- but I'm borrrrred. And I wanna do something with you, if you're up for whatever." She said. Obviously she wasn't pitching any solid ideas, but hoped Towhee had something in mind. She also wanted Towhee to take the lead, given that she was the one who would have to set the pace.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee's ears twitched as Niamh drew out the word "bored," curious about the delayed motion of her lips. But the Delta's next words recaptured her attention. She grinned, then stood up and playfully shoved the other wolf's shoulder.

"Come patrol with me then," she suggested. Then, without warning, she declared, "Race you to the borders!" and took off like a gunshot, ignoring the ache in her face and sloshing of her fully belly as she hurtled downward toward the plateau's foot.

Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh was pleasantly surprised when Towhee invited her to go patrol- she hadn't been expecting Towhee to want to go quite that far, and was taken off guard when the beta swept toward and jutted her shoulder against's Niamh, causing her to stagger to her feet. She was a second behind Towhee, who then sped off, but Niamh was quick to spin on her heel and dash after her dark friend. 

Niamh's long legs were perfect for speed and endurance. Though she'd been horribly awkward when she'd been a bit younger, they were starting to suit her now that she was growing into them. Though she was still a bit bird-like, with those long, stalk-like legs, she was at least more coordinated and able to book it wherever she needed to go at an alarming pace. Towhee might not have known it, but she'd definitely challenged a worthy opponent to a race.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It wasn't long before a cramp in her gut forced her to slow, easily letting Niamh catch up to and pass her. Towhee glared playfully at her friend's backside, resuming a steady jog as she descended the slope that led to the borders. Her face was smarting quite a bit too, though she refused to let these things waylay her. She wanted to patrol. She'd keep an easy pace though, which should be doable what with her present company.

By the time she'd caught her breath and begun strolling side by side with Niamh in the shadow of the plateau, Towhee asked, "So, is this scratching your 'gotta do something' itch at all?"

Wanna nudge this toward a finish since it's already sorely outdated, haha?

Ghost
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Sure <3

Niamh raced, and didn't check her speed when she caught and passed Towhee, but turned to look over her shoulder for a second, tongue lolling happily out the side of her mouth, but seeing that Towhee had put on the brakes, she circled in an arc, returning to her friend's side while they descended the rest of the slope together. It was nice, finally getting to stretch her legs and enjoy her friend's company. Here and there she strayed from Towhee's flank to investigate a scent or leave a marking of her own, so that the borders would be clearly marked. 

As if on cue, though, she'd dropped her hindquarters suddenly to fish at an itch behind one ear, and snorted at Towhee's timely remark. "Almost got it-" She said, leaning into her rapidly flailing hind foot to satisfy the itch at the base of her neck, before she stood and shook her pelt, fluffing it out. "Yep. Itch scratched," She remarked with a laugh, and resumed her patrol alongside Towhee. The two meandered along the borders, passing smart remarks back and forth until the job was done, and both returned to their own roost to rest from the day's activity.