Whitebark Stream i’ve been watching him for my entire life
40 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
zeus quickened his pace, even after the three were out of sights. there was a possibility that he was being followed, though unlikely. still, he didn’t wish for his blood to be spilled for nothing, so you could never be to cautious.

once he was comfortable with the distance, his steady jog slowed to a lazy stroll. distant birch trees enticed him and the sound of bubbling water drawn him closer. the man came near the water’s edge and bent over for a quick drink.

you're an angry blade & you're brave but you're all alone
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
hope you don't mind me jumping in (:

He didn't know where he had gotten to. Ulf knew that he was far from home, the rough voices no longer filled his ears and there was no more snapping at his haunches. It was both relieving and terrifying. Ulf had known nothing but the roughness of his northern brothers now there was nothing.

His good eye scanned for something familiar as a low whine escaped him. Where was he? Where was everyone else?

hurt hurt hurt me more
and i'll eat eat eat you whole
40 Posts
Ooc —
Away
a cry caused him to lift his head from the water. his ears rotated to pinpoint where the sound was coming from. someone was close. nobody could have possibly followed him all the way here, right? he lifted his tail and sulked towards the noise with a twisted snarl on his face.

he stopped when he saw the stranger and barked, “who are you?

117 Posts
Ooc — croc
His head turned to the voice, icy blue eyes settling on the stranger but only one was able to truly register him.

"Ulf." He spoke hesitantly as his accent came through, shining a light on his foreignness to these parts. His brows briefly furrowed as he tried to recognize the stranger but nothing seemed familiar about them. Granted he had seen the same twisted snarl and lifted tail before but never on this figure. The male let his ears settle back against his crown.

hurt hurt hurt me more
40 Posts
Ooc —
Away
the first thing he noticed about this guy were his eyes. one, a vibrant blue and full of life, much like his own. the other, clouded and dreary. he might be blind, but zeus didn’t care enough to ask for now.

secondly, the voice. there was an accent upon his words, so he assumed he came from somewhere else. “you from ‘round here?” he asked. could this stranger even speak his tongue well? would it be useless to find out?
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
Ulf knew that you and here were not words that belonged together. He knew nothing of this place. The male had never stepped a paw in this place before — at least not as far as he could remember.

His head shook side to side. "No." Ulf was not supposed to be here. While it was not a bad place to be, it was not home. There were no rough voices here. "You know here?" Perhaps this place was the stranger's home. If that was the case then Ulf knew he had to keep moving on.

hurt hurt hurt me more
40 Posts
Ooc —
Away
he shook his head. “no, i travel.” no place was home and yet every place was home if he really wanted. he liked it that way. maybe ulf liked it too, though he doubted it. most wolves hate being alone and this stranger definitely wasn’t a wolf, so maybe he hated it more than usual.

”if you’re not from here, then where do you come from?
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
Travel. Yes, he knew that word, his father had used it occasionally when the northern creatures had to move about. A question hung on the tip of his tongue but he was beaten to the punch when the stranger asked something first.

"North." He didn't have a specific location to give. "You?" He asked as his head gave a gentle tilt to the side. Ulf craved to know more about the strange places and the stranger he had found himself with.

hurt hurt hurt me more
40 Posts
Ooc —
Away
same here,” he replied. perhaps they could have met in the past, though he doubted that. of all the years he stayed confined in the bars of his home, he never seen anyone like ulf, only heard.

it occurred to him that he hadn’t introduced himself yet. ”i’m zeus.” the man rarely gave his name to strangers, but this guy seemed trustworthy.

117 Posts
Ooc — croc
A fellow northerner. Ulf wasn't sure if that made him feel better or worse. A bit of both really. Better because it meant perhaps he hadn't gotten too lost but worse because it seemed like neither of them knew where they had wound up.

Zeus. He repeated the name softly with a small wave of his tail. It was a rather nice name even if it rolled off his tongue heavily. Where go? The canine asked with genuine curiosity.

hurt hurt hurt me more