Broken Boulder I'm waking up; I feel it in my bones.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Joining 

Kavik had traveled a long way from his home. He didn't regret his decision to part ways with his parents. It was time he forged his own path. In fact, he was surprised he hadn't done it sooner being the independent wolf that he was. The much-needed disbandment of his pack had been the catalyst that pushed him to finally make the decision to leave the place he had grown up in.

Just as he was starting to grow road wary, he found himself approaching what appeared to be the borders of a pack's territory. He scented the familiar markings alerting others that this area was claimed. Surrounding him was vast grassy plains that were green and spoke of the beginning of summer. It wasn't particularly sunny today, which he was grateful for. Truthfully, he preferred night time. His inky black fur absorbed the sunlight like a dry sponge in water, which meant he had come to find the moonlight more preferable. 

Kavik decided this place seemed as good as any and tilted his back, a low, long howl escaping his lips to ring out across the unknown territory.
I'm no good without you
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
tag for reference/visibility
It had been a lazy day for the Governor; atypical as of late, but he found it appreciated. @Lanawyn had informed them of another newcomer to their Sanctuary, but try as he might, Alarian couldn't seem to track their newest member down. It was almost as if he was being avoided. The caches were full, the borders fresh— with nothing else to do, he lounged around.
Until a call was sent up— for him. He was unused to such things; actually, since the pack had been founded, Alarian had not answered a single border call. It was exciting nonetheless. His first real joiner! Hopefully. The slim boy arrived quickly, eyes bright and tail wagging so as not to put off the stranger immediately.
Hello, He called when he was close enough, offering a warm smile. Welcome to the Bracken Sanctuary. I'm Alarian; is there something I can do for you? The offer was genuine, friendly, but he studied the dark male carefully. And promptly decided he was pretty hot, which earned him some points already.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
No too long after his howl had left him, his summons was answered by a slendor, male wolf. Kavik took in his appearance with a curious glance and noticed the new wolf also bore quite a few scars. He silently wondered what he had been through but, of course, would never ask such a personal question. 

Kavik gave the new wolf a slow, respectful nod in response to his greeting before finally saying, "I'm Kavik. I was hoping to join your pack if you have room." Quick and to the point, as usual. He assumed this wolf was leadership and did not feel the need to ask whether or not his assumption was correct.
I'm no good without you
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The male introduced himself as Kavik. Alarian's ears perked at his mention of hoping to join, but the newcomer didn't elaborate further. Well, it wasn't like they had any real requirements anyway. Yeah, we've got room. He said, gesturing for Kavik to follow him and turning to lead him further into the territory. We don't expect much here. Respect everyone, try to contribute where you can. Ranks represent your role in the pack. You'll be starting as a Cipher, the undecided rank; everyone does until they decide on a role. I'm the Governor. The other leader is Delight, the Chancellor. He paused and glanced at the male, waiting for him to soak this information in.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Alarian motioned for him to follow, and he did. Kavik listened silently as the other wolf outlined the pack's expectations. He thought they seemed reasonable and would have no problem adhering to them. He also understood he'd have to prove his skills as none of the wolves here knew him. Feeling like he should inform the leader of his skills, he moved up so that he was walking next to him and said, "In my old pack, I was a hunter and a protector. I have no problem proving myself useful, though." He thought it very affable of the other wolf to accept him without knowing if he could offer their pack anything, but felt he should make it known that he would pull his weight.
I'm no good without you
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
I think now's a good time to wrap up; if Kavik says yes to a tour, you can feel free to PP Ali giving him one in your post :)
It came as a pleasant surprise that the male decided to elaborate on his skills; if it came later than was typical, Alarian had no idea. He nodded, tail swishing slowly.
Glad to hear it. I'm sure you'll have no problems settling in here, As the pair neared the massive broken boulder at the center of their territory, he paused. Gesturing to the boulder, he continued: This is the Broken Boulder; our territory was named for it. Most of the pack makes their dens in there— He nodded to the dark entrance between the split halves. But you're free to sleep anywhere you want. I don't recommend the creek, though. The last comment came with a grin.
He paused, briefly wondering if there was anything he had missed. But he came up with nothing else, so, Is there anything else you need? I can give you a tour, if you'd like. If not, he would take his leave and let the newcomer get settled.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Sounds good! I'll probably just reference that the tour happened.

Kavik walked silently next to the other wolf and listened as he told him about Broken Boulder. He figured for now, he would sleep outside. It was summer, so the nights would be nice; plus, he would would be better able to keep an eye on things while he got acclimated to the area. Alarian suggested he not sleep by the creek, and he responded with a quick affirmative nod.

At the other wolf's question, he gave a small smile and replied, "I don't think so. A tour would be great." He then bowed his head as if to say lead the way.
I'm no good without you