Broken Boulder i'm your sledgehammer
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 

It wasn't too long before they reached Broken Boulder; she made sure to keep a quick, steady pace, focused on getting this young man to shelter and to impart the information he'd given her to Alarian. A warm glow spread through her stomach as she caught sight of her home--she was growing quite fond of it, almost as much as the plains she grew up on--and she felt a little better as she tipped back her muzzle to howl for @Alarian. . .and, she supposed, @Delight, too.

She lowered her head and looked over at Steele, smiling. "Everyone is nice here," Lily said warmly, wagging her tail. "Very welcoming. Once you meet Ali, I'll show you where the dens are and you can pick one to stay in, if you choose."

She didn't know how long he wanted to stay. Having formed bonds with friends and not family here, she had completely overlooked the fact that he might have family scattered to the winds by the bear, and could be eager to look for them. Still, he hadn't offered resistance when she'd suggested he come back to the territory, so. . .there was that.

Lily shifted on her paws, impatiently waiting for someone to answer her summons.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele noticed how her body language changed as they neared the pack lands, she was brighter, happier. It made him more calm to meet the others here. The silver male waited as she howled for what he thought might be the leader(s) because he had to meet them, he already knew that but more importantly Lily had to take the news to them about the bear. Most likely they would be cautious for a while, more patrols, more everything. He felt bad now but at least they had a warning... he didn’t. 

He nodded as she said that everyone was nice and welcoming, he believed it coming from her. He shifted his gaze from Lily to the horizon waiting for them to appear, he seemed quiet because he was a bit nervous. What questions would they ask about the bear?

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Lily's call struck him as slightly out of the ordinary, but not alarming. He was prompt in answering it nonetheless, assuming she had brought another wolf seeking a home. At first glance, he assumed he had been correct— a male cloaked in silver and black stood near his friend, presumably waiting with her.
Alarian chuffed as he approached, tail swishing amiably. Hey, He greeted Lily first, then turned his gaze to the amber-eyed stranger. Welcome to Bracken Sanctuary. Are you here for temporary shelter, or to join? A questioning glance towards Lily accompanied the inquiry, though it was directed towards the male.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Ali appeared, and though the question was directed toward Steele, she instead hopped in with the most pressing news. "Alarian, this is Steele," she said, nodding over at the man with a smile. Then her face grew solemn. "His pack on the coast--Grim. . .Grim something, sorry, I can't remember--was forced from their home by a bear. I found him down by the river; the bear is still on the loose."

She gave a heavy sigh. "The coast is far, but we should be on guard," she said, eyes flashing around as if she expected the creature to burst onto the scene at any moment. Her dark fur bristled. "Anyway, I'll leave the rest of the conversation to Steele. I just wanted to, erm, tell you about the bear."

Lily took a couple of steps back and away, remaining nearby in case she was questioned again, her restless mind beginning to flit to other topics.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele nodded with everything she said, she was right there was a bear and he wasn’t sure where it was or how far it was from this pack. He smiled when she was finished and then looked at Alarian. “This bear attacked the lands of Grimnismal, it used to be my pack and I’m not sure who did or didn’t get out and I’m also not sure where this bear is. I want to help protect your pack if I can, because I failed to help my own.” everything came blurting out as he opened his mouth. 

This was true he wanted to help protect them. He was determined if this bear came around he would help let them know and at all cost make sure everyone was safe.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Of all the goddamn things— a bear. Of course. Alarian was immediately unamused with the situation, but he listened intently to Lily and Steele's explanations. The coast was a decent distance, but not as far as he would have liked. A bear could reasonably come from the coast to Bracken Sanctuary in under two weeks— if it were so inclined.
That's... strange, He commented finally, frowning; he believed them both, but it was undeniably odd. Had you ever noticed the bear before that? I don't understand why a bear would drive a pack out— from the coast, of all places. Ah... I guess it doesn't matter why. I think we'll be safe, but— I'll call a pack meeting just in case. Bears make me nervous.
He paused a moment, then turned to address Lily: Thank you for coming to me with this. Hopefully there's no reason to worry, but it's good to know.

Then, to Steele. And thank you, for coming here to bring this news— you didn't have to, but you did. I appreciate it. I'm sorry about your pack, and your home— you're welcome to stay with Bracken Sanctuary, of course. I think we're bear-free over here. Too soon, Alarian, too soon.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele thought it was strange himself considering he had never seen one of the fuzzy creatures before. “It was a strange sight but it was also scary.” He said blankly. “I hadn’t noticed it but that doesn’t mean anything because I had only been there for a little while. Thank you for taking me in, it means a lot. Bears also make me nervous.,.. well now they do because I know they are real.” He commented and then was ready to be taken back to the pack.

Thinking about it he was already nervous himself because what if he had brought the bear unknowingly to the other pack. With the thought clearing his head he nodded at Alarian. He hoped bringing this news back to them meant that it might be saving them even if they are on high alert for just a little while.

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
wrapping this up!
He spoke to the two a little longer, making sure to thank them again. The thought of a bear coming to Broken Boulder definitely made him a little nervous, but he didn't think there was much danger— if any. Still, he'd have to go talk to Delight and Eris about this. And probably call a pack meeting. Ugh. It was these thoughts that drove him to eventually take his leave, assuming Lily would help the newcomer get settled. All he could think about now was that dumb bear he hadn't even laid eyes on.