Heron Lake Plateau Outside Looking In
22 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Lynx found the she best get herself familiarized with her new home and set out to do a patrol. As she walked, the she-wolf wondered what type of prey was found in these lands and if they were something that she could hunt. The landscape was beautiful and she watched her sides carefully as she trekked on.
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Ceara really didn't know who anyone was except for Raven and Colt, and she figured that if she was going to at least pretend like she was fitting in, she might as well get to introducing herself.  She decided to sweep the borders again, letting her scent mingle with her packmates and set her nose to the ground.  The borders were well-manned and it seemed as if she'd likely meet someone soon enough — ah, there we are.

Hey, what's up?

22 Posts
Ooc —
Lynx turned around as she heard a female voice and indeed it was. "Nothing just thought it would be good to get used to the territory. You look awefully familiar, what's your name?" Lynx pondered for a moment but decided to wait for her to answer before asking another question.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Yeah, I'm doing about the same.  So I take it you're new here, too?  Good to know she wasn't the only newbie-Blackthorn getting used to the Redhawk clan.  I'm Ceara.  The firebrand rubbed herself against a tree or two as she spoke, but turned her attention to the stranger when appropriate.  An' you?

22 Posts
Ooc —
Her name was an interesting one and she gave her a nod. "My name is Lynx, well not my name more of a nickname." The female normally didn't give out her real name, too much of a mouthful.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She chuckled and swiped a paw at the ground.  Yeah, that's how it is with the Blackthorns, seems like.  Can you believe I grew up and everyone called me Fire?  Mom and Dad were just like, 'Oh shit, she's orange!  Better call 'er Fire!'  I mean, what is that?  

Ceara's gunmetal gaze fixed on Lynx and she gave a wink.  Sounds like you got a good nickname and they chose the right 'real' name for me, eh?  Well, Lynx, how long you been here?  What do you say we try to fill these caches a little more?

22 Posts
Ooc —
Lynx smiled at the younger she wolf, she liked this ones personality. Personally lynx wondered why she was called lynx but she didn't stick around long enough to ask. "I've been here say a week or more. I think that's a swell idea."
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Oh.  So she was less new than Fire, but barely so.  Good, good.  It was competition for sure — both of them were trying to prove themselves — but hopefully it would go their way.

Cool.  Well, let's get started.  They were too near the borders to smell anything but each other, but Ceara began to head just outside the Plateau, her tail flicking behind her.

Once they had gotten far enough, she put her nose to the ground.

22 Posts
Ooc —
Still trying to figure out the younger she-wolf, lynx followed her and watched as she put her nose to the ground. Instead of doing the same, she smelled the air in the direction of the wind.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

At first it did not seem as if she was going to find anything — which was both disappointing and weird, considering all the waterfowl that presumably should make their home nearby with the water in the Plateau and the apples in the Thicket.  

But the longer they searched, the more promising prey seemed.  She scented as they approached the river on the Plateau side of Two Rivers Isle, and gave her companion a look.  On the bank, a mess of river otters had come ashore, and if they wanted to try their luck, there was a beaver, too.

Score.

22 Posts
Ooc —
She saw the animal as she looked forward then back at her family member. "I say you or me go towards the river and try to drive it closer in." The female had used this tactic once before and it was successful. She thought why not see if it would work
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Yeah, the otters might scatter — some towards the water, no doubt, but some had to go inland.  She gave a quick nod and stalked around so Lynx was on one side of the bunch and Fire was on the other, moving slow enough that the otters had time to alert before they fled.  Then quickly, she darted in, seeking to drive them inland.

22 Posts
Ooc —
Lynx saw her sprint and slowly made her way, waiting for them to go farther in before sprinting off herself, if successful she would attempt to tackle one of them.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She continued to sprint after those sharp-toothed fat brown assholes, panting as she ran them further inland.  She began to become a little annoyed, kind of wanting Lynx to just go after one of them already.  If they failed, they failed — they could always find something else.

(Lynx was probably totally right in waiting — Fire was just impatient, even if she understood why.)

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
I am tacking on a narrorator ending because @Lynx has been moved to PPC.  When she is taken off of PPC, you may DM me to delete this post and resume our hunt. :)

Unfortunately for the Blackthorn sisters the otters were too quick.  Although they darted in and out of the horde, neither of them had any success.  Defeated but not undeterred, the girls would have to look elsewhere if they wanted to eat.