Shadewood wasted with the rhythm, angry at the melody
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
All Welcome 
[Image: i-live-gif-8.gif]

An inexplicable tether had kept the boy from straying too far from the coastline as he roamed. He couldn't explain it; perhaps it was because he knew it would always lead back to the familiarity of the Wilds no matter far he wandered? There was a certain safety to the oceanside — threats were minimal and food, if one could stomach it, was common. And he would never admit it, but the world beyond was frightening. He still bore the wounds of a tussle with another loner over a scrap of meat. And the threat of Sol still being out there weighed on his mind. So the Cairn headed back, even more worse for wear than before.

As he wearily made his way through a thickly shaded forest, Redshank cast a seething glare at the distant plateau he and his friends had once sought to call home. Beyond the trees, he could see it rise steeply from the floodplains, a near impenetrable fortress the Redhawks had claimed. No. Stole. And, with it, the closest thing Redshank had had to a pack. He wondered if Screech and Niamh were still there. Were they even still alive? He snorted softly. A summer breeze winding its way through the woods brought with it the scent of salt and brine, and the boy turned in the direction of the ocean once more.

Good riddance.
kill for your god
5 Posts
Ooc —
Bruxa loomed in the deep and well-warmed shade of the beachfront forest, watching ominously as a ragged young wolf traipsed through the oppressing trees she thought of as her own. The she-wolf did not have, or belong to, anyone. The woods were all she could call hers; the frightened birds and muggy salt-air were her only friends; and as sparse as her hold on all of it was, she wielded the claim proudly and clung like a tick by the blunting tips of her claws and teeth.

She approached him at a slink, narrowing her manic eyes as she veered into his line of sight and curled her lip at him. "Boy," she addressed him coldly, scouring his slim, dark frame with a gaze that both pried and scythed. "Do you belong here? "
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
The soft snap of a twig alerted him to another's presence, and Redshank paused with a foreleg left cautiously dangling mid-step. His gaze swept the area, narrowed warily as he searched for the perpetrator. He hadn't expected to come upon another stranger so soon, but hoped they were just that — a stranger. Someone he could shake as easily as sand from fur, just so he could continue his trek towards the coast. He felt like the Plateau — even at this distance — was watching his every move and he wanted to get away.

She had slunk into view just as the boy finally spotted her, and he took an almost involuntary step back as he faced the unnerving creature. She came towards him with a demeanour not unlike a mountain lion, electric yellow eyes glinting and her question punctuated with a flash of teeth, which Redshank mirrored as he collected himself and sought to meet her gaze. Now, if this wasn't a telling omen about how shitty the Hinterlands were he didn't know what was. In fact, most of his encounters here had been pretty shit.

Her words were intriguing, though if she had any sort of claim to these lands it was a weak one. "I guess not," he shrugged somewhat indignantly. It was evident by her bristling that he was an unwelcome guest in the woods. "I'd pick another spot t'settle if I were you, though," he added as a hurried afterthought, in a just-my-two-cents sort of way.
kill for your god
5 Posts
Ooc —
Despite an inclination to repel the unfamiliar, Bruxa was quick and greedy enough to latch onto information when it was being so blatantly dangled in front of her. Her tail lashed and she kept his gaze with the unblinking stare of a cobra, but she did not advance on him aggressively: the sign of a subtle pass, for now. 

The druid didn't consider him a threat to her. He was defensive, but not foolish enough to fight heedlessly— at least not at this time. He could be solid, if groomed carefully, she thought idly of the mink-furred seawolf; but she also wondered what good was a male if not forthcoming? She decided to see if he lived up to her standards. "Why?" the woodwitch lashed her forked tongue and turned back her ears, lowering her head to adjust the readiness of her stance. Sulfuric eyes bored into his gaunt, young face, hounding its curves fiercely for a lie.
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Her gaze was intense, it anchored him in place and set off an instinctual desire to turn tail and flee. However, especially in his current state, Redshank was in no way fit for fight or flight so he would have to resort to words to placate the wild woman. Despite appearances, she didn't seem like she was going to outright attack him (at least not yet), but the boy knew better than to assume.

He kept his own muscles taut and ready, glancing nervously at the way her spindly tail lashed behind her. Why? He could have given her a long list of reasons, but he was eager to escape the almost oppressive intensity of her scrutinising glare. With a jerk of his head, he gestured to the plateau in the distance. "Not th'friendliest of neighbours," was all he said, before he cut their conversation short with a flick of his tail and turn of his heel, melding back into the darkness of the woods to escape any further questioning from the stranger woman.