Blackfeather Woods jasmine
Private  June 03, 2018, 07:16 PM
Ocracoke
Approved Members

Back dated ~2 weeks ago.

Ocracoke does not move from the glen—she often doesn’t move from a 50 yard perimeter—but today her legs ache in restlessness. She’d been kept inside cave after cave with nowhere to go for months. Blackfeather Woods may offer the openness and freedom outside of a mountain but her lack of eyesight makes it difficult to utilize. She’ll never be able to do things she used to do; she’ll never be able to hunt or run or get around without relying on someone else. And not having someone else to rely on consistently hasn’t made things any easier for her.
 
Unable to do what she wants sets her back and she knows she won’t be able to take care of any children she’s carrying—not that she wants to either, she has to often remind herself—and surely the leader will have them killed. They will likely seek their death, as she is already a drain on their resources themselves, what will more hungry mouths do? Especially after another has given birth just over a month ago.
 
She follows the familiar path, a dirt wall to her right until she finds the end of a creek to her left, moving so her feet are touching the soft, wet ground. If she stays close, she can get back with no trouble, but she still takes slow and careful steps as her gaunt form moves along the flowing water.a
June 04, 2018, 11:46 AM
Siarut
IkKanattuk
Atausiq
It had been odd trying to adjust to life within Blackfeather Woods, they were so different from the his own pack, and yet so similar. Siarut had taken to walking the paths the weaved through the dark trees. Light barely penetrating the heavy canopy above. 

He found that the creek ran through their territory, and was glad for it. With the shade provided by trees it wasn't often that he needed to cool down, but a nice fresh drink every so often was a treat. As he made his way to the water, he caugth sight of a ragged looking female who was walking along the opposing bank. 

He mimicked her path on the other side of the stream, slightly behind, unable to make out her face. "Hello?" He called, resorting to his native tongue. Perhaps she too knew their language.

Adopt my Siblings!
"Do you know why big brothers are born first?  To protect the little ones that come after them."
Inuttuk, common                                                                                                                                                                                            ~ {5/5 Scout } ~ {2/5 Mercenary} ~
June 04, 2018, 07:43 PM
Ocracoke
Approved Members

Ocracoke doesn’t allow herself to go too far, knowing she won’t be able to get back without help if she gets the slightest bit turned around. Calling for help is the last thing she wants to do, not wanting to bring unnecessary attention to herself. And what if He’s nearby and hears her call? It makes her an easy target. He promised to come for her children and it isn’t long before she’s due.
 
One ear twitches as another approaches, and her feet slow to a stop, already feeling panic set in. It’s another scent she doesn’t know. How far had she gone? Her left foot moves to feel the wetness of the ban and she shuffles to make sure she can feel the water, too—in theory, she should be able to get back—but the sound of another throws her off course. The deep tone of a word she doesn’t recognize (if terror hadn’t taken over, she might recognize it sounded like something Tahani had said) sends her into a frenzy and she jerks back away from the stream. She turns herself around more than she’d have like but hunkers down apologetically, shrinking back to make herself smaller.
June 04, 2018, 07:56 PM
Siarut
IkKanattuk
Atausiq
The white male stopped as she did, however he was most disturbed by her response to his gesture. So taken back he hesitated about what to do next. As she spun, Siarut caught sight of what could be her reason for fright. His jaw dropped at the scars that marred the females face, where her eyes should be.

Swallowing heavily he took slow steps toward her. "Hey.... I... umm... I didn't mean to....Are you... umm..." He wasn't exactly sure what to do. But quickly stopped, lost for a moment, he paused in the middle of the water. He went back to the common tongue, he was sure getting a lot of practice. "You... probably want to... ummm... I'm just going to...go." He started to back up. He was torn, not exactly sure how to help or what to do. Tahani was much better at this.

Adopt my Siblings!
"Do you know why big brothers are born first?  To protect the little ones that come after them."
Inuttuk, common                                                                                                                                                                                            ~ {5/5 Scout } ~ {2/5 Mercenary} ~
June 10, 2018, 02:20 PM
Ocracoke
Approved Members

The rise and fall of her chest quicken, claws digging into the dirt to help ground her. She notices it’s not yet and she isn’t entirely sure how far she’s gone from the creek bank. It’s hard to focus on that with a strange across the way, splashing into the water. It gets louder and her ears fall back, listening a beat later when the sounds stop and she just ears the bubble of the creek and his offer to go. Ocracoke doesn’t move, or say anything, but stays lowers her head to the ground and waits so she can figure out how to get back to the glen and call this trip another failure.
June 10, 2018, 02:42 PM
Siarut
IkKanattuk
Atausiq
He had backed out of the water, still torn over what to do. He paused to look at the girl, and hesitated. He wasn't exactly sure where she had come from, and he assumed she would know her way back. But he felt like he couldn't just leave her there. 

"Can I...Do you..." With a sigh and an eye roll her mentally kicked himself, clearing his throat he tried again, ignoring the scaring along her face. "Can I help you with anything?" Siarut spoke softly, just loud enough to overcome the sound of the water. He tried taking a page out of Tahani's book. He had seen her help injured people before, he could do the whole bedside manner thing.... at least he hoped he could. "Tahani is so much better at this."

Adopt my Siblings!
"Do you know why big brothers are born first?  To protect the little ones that come after them."
Inuttuk, common                                                                                                                                                                                            ~ {5/5 Scout } ~ {2/5 Mercenary} ~
June 11, 2018, 08:14 PM
Ocracoke
Approved Members

Her head remains against the ground, eventually turning so she’s not directly facing the stranger. The disgust is evident in his words, surprised by the sight of her. She can’t imagine the shock someone feels looking at her when she barely knows herself. Only the image of her former self remains and she doesn’t suspect she looks anything like she once had. The stranger stammers over his words, offering his assistance. Ears twitch upon her head but ultimately stay low.
 
Her stomach churns at the thought of whoever he is getting closer, trembling and trying to shake her head. The stranger sounds nothing like Him in tone but she shies away nonetheless, hoping to be left alone.
 
Tahani.
 
Her ears lift a little, turning back only by an inch, but hesitating. “Tahani,” she says quietly, thinking fondly of the woman that brought her food. “Ta-Tahani?” she asks, a little louder this time.
June 24, 2018, 08:08 PM
Siarut
IkKanattuk
Atausiq
He perked his ears forward, "Yes. Yes! Tahani!" Sia took two excited steps closer, momentarily loosing his composure do to her understanding something that he had said. Although he couldn't be sure if it was just the name or if it was the language. Taking a stab he continued in Innuktuk.

"You know Tahani?" He smiled, remembering himself and containing his glee once more. "She is my sister." He wasn't sure if that would help at all, but after his two steps closer he remained stationary not wanting to spooke her.

Adopt my Siblings!
"Do you know why big brothers are born first?  To protect the little ones that come after them."
Inuttuk, common                                                                                                                                                                                            ~ {5/5 Scout } ~ {2/5 Mercenary} ~
June 30, 2018, 07:03 PM
Ocracoke
Approved Members

She flinches when his voice rises even in excitement. Her head turns away from him and ears twitch forward and instantly fall back. He says words she does not recognize, repeating the woman’s name. It doesn’t change as he continues on, listening to the splash of the water as he gets closer. She curls up even more, turning away from him and bumping into a tree. A heart beats heavily inside her chest and she’s thrown back into terror and confliction. She can’t see where he is or what he’s doing or what he looks like; for all she knows he has every ill-intention to hurt her, like He did for months. Despite his kind, albeit excited tone, she still shies away, sucking in a breath and hoping to close herself off a little while longer.
July 01, 2018, 09:43 PM
Siarut
IkKanattuk
Atausiq
He watches her shrink away once more, and he feels his heart ache for her. Although he still couldn't tell what language she preferred so he stuck with the one HE preferred. "I'm sorry." He droppes his voice, and hopes to make it seem kind and undaunting. With her eyesight the way it was he was glad that she couldn't see his size, as he knew he could sometimes look very intimidating. "Please. Let me help you." He kept his voice low, hoping that she might allow him to help her. Although he realized that he had no idea where she was going, or where she had come from. Talk about the blind leading the blind. For good measure he asked in the common tongue aswell, "Let me help you."

Adopt my Siblings!
"Do you know why big brothers are born first?  To protect the little ones that come after them."
Inuttuk, common                                                                                                                                                                                            ~ {5/5 Scout } ~ {2/5 Mercenary} ~
July 02, 2018, 09:55 AM
Ocracoke
Approved Members

He speaks again, foreign words touching her ears again but his tone is softer, gentle. Tahani’s scent is strong on his fur but it isn’t as comforting as it should be. Her world of darkness puts danger around every corner and though he holds no ill-will in his words or tone, doesn’t mean it’s not there. The monster took everything from her and left her a shell of a woman she once was, a woman she’ll never be again. For the rest of her life, she’ll be dependent on another and she’s lucky to have found kindness in some of the wolves of the woods (a thought she doesn’t realize many have never had). Kove has been kind to let someone care for her and let her stay but he’s not come around since the first day. The silent woman staying in the glen with her has been with her since the beginning and she wishes for her to turn up now and take her back.
 
Finally, the male says something she understands, and though she does not relax, her head turns a little in his direction. She’s off by a few inches, pointed to his left, but her ears cupped forward anyway. In her panic, she managed to get turned around and only his direction gives her perspective on where she might be. If he crossed the water, then it’s still in his direction, and so she swallows thickly and starts to pick herself up. Ocracoke hovers only inches above the ground, but enough to move a few inches from her spot on trembling legs.
July 10, 2018, 12:55 AM
Siarut
IkKanattuk
Atausiq
The injured woman turns toward him, clearly understanding something he had said. Although her voice still remain silent, he took her cupped ears and her trembling steps as indication to come closer. So he did. Keeping his emotions muted, he took slow steps toward her exiting the water. He turned toward the direction her scent had come from, before returning his gaze to her. 

"Kaik." He took gentle steps toward her, seeking to touch her gently with his nose. In order to lead her back he would need to get closer, preferably shoulder to shoulder. "Come." Sia tried the common tongue, having not determined the language she spoke.

Adopt my Siblings!
"Do you know why big brothers are born first?  To protect the little ones that come after them."
Inuttuk, common                                                                                                                                                                                            ~ {5/5 Scout } ~ {2/5 Mercenary} ~
July 13, 2018, 05:24 PM
Ocracoke
Approved Members

Ocracoke dials in to the sound of footsteps in water, feeling the ground as he gets closer. Her ears fall back and she slowly retreats, regretting the decision to consider his help. She swallows thickly and flinches, withdrawing when he touches her but she keeps herself together enough not to get together. Whatever word he’d spoken is ignored and she’s still for a long moment, giving her a moment to try and calm down. She notes the scent of Tahani mingled in his fur and it’s all she needs to shuffle back until she feels the whisp of his tail against her shoulder.
July 20, 2018, 11:09 PM
Siarut
IkKanattuk
Atausiq
After shrinking away, she seemed to come around slowly edging toward him until she could feel his tail against her. Taking small and slow steps, Siarut followed her scent back to the hovel she had wandered from. Tahani's scent was stronger here, as was another woman's, but he paid it no mind. He headed inside, and he was sure that the blind woman would realise she had returned home.

Adopt my Siblings!
"Do you know why big brothers are born first?  To protect the little ones that come after them."
Inuttuk, common                                                                                                                                                                                            ~ {5/5 Scout } ~ {2/5 Mercenary} ~