Alpine Lake She said, "I dig you, baby, but I gotta keep movin' on."
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Private 

Her meeting with Siarut had left her head spinning, and she didn't know if it was in a good way or a bad way.  She hadn't liked being drunk and she felt bad for Screech, and hoped that he hadn't felt as terrible as she had felt.

The next morning she had a killer headache, and she wasn't really looking forward to descending the mountain.  Everything was so bright, and, god damn it, was that another body of water?  Seriously?  How much fucking water did one continent need?  It seemed the Plateau was just encompassed by water.

She really wouldn't have minded so much, but ow, her head hurt so bad.  And she still kind of felt sick.  She trudged down the mountains towards the lake, hoping to find some poppy seeds for pain relief, unwittingly probably only going to make her condition worse as long as she wasn't stopped.

Thank god for @Gallo, wherever the stranger was.

12 Posts
Ooc — bunyip
Thank God would have been right if Gallo was a friendly beast but the rumble in her stomach proved she would likely be anything but inviting today. The firecracker was hard to miss with those burning colors. Nearly made her head spin just looking at her.

If the older female had not had that ache in her stomach she would have let the other go back to whatever they were doing. When she thought she was close enough to be heard (not really caring if she had been spotted already or not) she let a deep rumble vibrate through her throat. A rather clear sign she wasn't here for some company.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Ha ha.  What?

She stopped her search as a deep, foreboding rumble seemed to shake the ground beneath her, but maybe that was just the hangover.  She raised her head and squinted.  For a second, she thought it was Siarut and her gut twisted —

and then it totally wasn't, and this bitch wasn't here to play nice.  Oh.  Her eyes narrowed even more and she raised her lip, hackles raised.  Move along, bicho, she spat venemously, wondering what the fuck her problem was because honestly?????? Ceara was here first.

12 Posts
Ooc — bunyip
Gallo didn't like the tone or body language she received back and so what did she do? Something kind of gross. The older female pissed right where she stood but not out of fear, nope, she was doing it because she could — to mark this small part of the land in a defiant act against the firecracker.

It wasn't much mentioning she hadn't had much to drink lately (hanging around salty water did tend to leave you with limited drinking options) so the act was quick. When that was taken care of her lip raised in return as her tail slowly inched up through the air.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

You know what was totally a bad idea?  

Ceara laughed.  It started out small, bubbling, until she was full-blown guffawing at the woman's petty act of defiance.  Well o-hoh-kay miss badass, whatever.  Her piss reeked and from what Ceara could tell, was quite unnaturally yellow.

Her tail sickled over her back, and her ears pressed forward assertively.  Okay, this is how it's gonna work.  You let me help you with whatever it is you need, or you're gonna scram, because all I was trying to do was rest because I'm headfucked and I need a break.

12 Posts
Ooc — bunyip
The older loner didn't mind the laughter, it was nothing. She had been laughed at before and while it was odd she expected the other to either give her what she wanted (as if she was some kind of mind reader, come on Gallo) or leave.

Now it was her turn to laugh. It was deep, almost too deep for a female, and rough from lack of use on top of lack of any water. "Headfucked?" She repeated the word between deep laughs. It was by far the best (in the amusement category) thing she had ever heard. Had the firecracker slammed her head into a mountainside? Been beaten down by a bear? The latter sounded more appealing but she looked too good to have had a run-in with a bear.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Oh.  Had that somehow.. made things better?  Yeah.  It's a long story.  I um, got drunk?  I think?  Fermented apples.  And this morning I feel like I was kicked in the head by a moose.  Maybe she would've preferred it if she'd been kicked in the head by a moose.  Um, sorry about that.

She stepped aside, away from the water.  Your piss kind of reeks, neh?  You should maybe drink up.

12 Posts
Ooc — bunyip
Maybe the humor had made the situation better, softened Gallo up a bit to the firecracker's previous roughness (not that Gallo had been much better). She gave another deep snort of laughter at her story of fermented apples.

Although the laughter dulled down into silence at the offer that was presented. Is th'water safe? her rough tones asked with an arched pale brow. It certainly hadn't been too safe out on the coast.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

What kind of question was that?  Lakes generally all tended to be freshwater, so she gave a short nod.  Yeah.  It's safe..?  Why would it not be?  Ceara had never been to the coast or experienced the saltwater blues.  I mean, I drink it all the time and I'm not dead.  She offered a short laugh.  So, what's your name?  I'm Ceara.

12 Posts
Ooc — bunyip
At the word of safe, Gallo greedily moved to lap at the water. She soaked her muzzle and more than likely was throwing droplets everywhere but she didn't care. Her thirst was far too great to even consider being polite about drinking. Not to mention she had never really been a polite figure.

It was only an introduction that caused the pale woman to lift her head, looking over her shoulder to the firecracker now named Ceara. Gallo. She introduced shortly before going back to lapping up the water. The woman would likely bloat herself (to death? maybe, depends on how cruel the writer is feeling) but that too was of little concern.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

You should slow down, she offered with a tentative laugh, but her words were serious.  She kind of didn't want anyone keeling over on her watch if she could help it.. but at least it was a stranger getting into trouble this time and not Nevouku or Screech.  

It's nice to meet you, though, she'd remark whenever Gallo decided to stop gorging herself.  You headed somewhere?

12 Posts
Ooc — bunyip
She had half a mind to heed the warning and so, she did. Gallo knew she could have her fill of the water without any warnings once they had gone separate ways. It would be easiest like that. While she usually didn't go for easy routes, she wasn't exactly in a condition to be scrapping over water.

No. It was the easiest answer. She wasn't going anywhere in particular, just kind of drifting to wherever she could get her next meal or - in this instance - drink. Where you from? She asked with perhaps a hint of genuine curiosity.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

West, she said truthfully.  Southwest, she corrected once she thought about it.  She took a drink of water herself, looked at the sky in case of rain.  I should be going soon, but you're welcome to travel with me for a while.  Hunting was more sucessful in pairs, and this woman looked like she needed it.  There's plenty of water, like, all over the damn place down there.

12 Posts
Ooc — bunyip
She considered the firecracker's offer. It would be nice to have better water readily available and a possible partner for hunting. Yet she wasn't particularly fond of company even if the two had smoothed out their differences.

A gentle hum escaped her. Only for a short bit. A meal or two then I return. Sure the coast wasn't the greatest place in the world but she was beckoned to it for the solitude and sights it provided.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena
we can fade and then do a hunt thread if you want?

She rolled her shoulders.  Whatever bloats your goat.  Which was probably the wolf equivalent of that phrase.  She shook her pelt from the water and took a step or two away.  You ready, or you wanna fill your tank first?

12 Posts
Ooc — bunyip
archiving and game for a hunt!

She gave a few last quick laps at the water before motioning with her muzzle that Ceara could lead them out. Ready. The pale female hoped getting a meal or two wouldn't take too long. She was rather ravenous already and the firecracker girl seemed far too lean to eat. Not that Gallo would actually eat someone...or would she?