Dragoncrest Cliffs to the rescue
IF BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER
YOU KNOW WHERE YOU'LL FIND US IN THE END
190 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
takes place the same time as this thread!    someone please come stop the idiot boy??  maybe someone who wants one of the caretaker trades.
there is an urgency to nomi's howl that stirs something within him.  her call reaches the ears of her youngest son, and he is immediately woken from his slumber.  whether @Wildfire was still with her children or if she had risen at her mate's call, tux made an attempt to flee from the den.  he was quick for something so fat and unsteady, and it would not be long before he had gone further from the den than he had ever been allowed before.
trigedasleng around all who speak it, common around those who don't
members of drageda are encouraged to liberally pp tux
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire was in the middle of bathing an upside-down Bat when the howl rose up in the air. She froze, listening, every muscle gone suddenly tense. Of course she wanted to rush to help her mate, though she knew the commander and their pack mates could handle any given situation. And though the pups were growing up fast, the Feisripa didn't want to leave them unattended, especially not in the middle of an emergency.

"Tux!" she snapped when the little blob tried to make a run for it. "Stay put," Wildfire said imperiously to Bat, @Kiwi and @Silkie before leaping after the little renegade. He was fast but she was a masterful small game hunter, so she easily overtook him, pinched his nape with her teeth and then dragged him back to the clearing beside the log.

"We're going to play a game," she announced. "Whoever can stay the stillest and quietest the longest gets a big prize."
190 Posts
Ooc —

>(

His stubby limbs all straightened as soon as he was picked up.  Thwarted again!  It wasn't like he knew he wasn't going to be useful or anything, honest.  He just wanted to help!

But what he didn't want was to stay put.  Maman, he wheedled when he had been set down, but he knew it was no good.  He gave his siblings the pouty face before he waited for his mom to officially start this game.

gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Although part of her mind was far away, with Heda and the others flocking to assist her, Wildfire did her best to train her attention upon the four whelps. Each of them reacted slightly differently to her proposal. Tux let out a loud complaint—not surprising, considering his escape attempt—and Silkie gave an indignant squawk as well, as if in solidarity with his brother. The girls, however, rose to the Feisripa's challenge. Kiwi gave her siblings a sort of snooty look, as if very sure of her superiority in this matter, squared her shoulders, sat up straighter and froze like a statute. Bat, meanwhile, just flopped onto her side and yawned theatrically.

"The game starts..." Wildfire said after a momentary assessment, "now."
190 Posts
Ooc —

I thought I'd give some of the other babies time to join this before I responded, but since nobody has I'll go ahead.  Siblings @Kiwi and @Silkie are still welcome (since both were PPC at this time, I assume @Bat has seen it. <3)

He held himself as still as he could manage, his baby body so tight that he might have started trembling.  His eyes were wide and comically intense as he became the exact replica of a marble statue... if they made marble statues of very fat little puppies.

gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
I think we're on our own, haha. We can keep this short if you want. Actually, would you mind concluding it for us? :)

All four pups proved exemplary at the challenge, which was a relief considering the circumstances. They all deserved effusive praise for their efforts. As Wildfire's eyes flicked from one young, straining (well, except for Bat's) face to the next, she fought a smile despite herself. How could she ever choose a winner?

"You're all getting prizes," she decided a beat later, "but we're going to play one more game first." She looked around herself, then backed up several paces. Now the children faced her in a line from about ten feet away. "We've played this before, I think. Do you remember Red Light, Green Light? When I say 'green,' you run toward me. When I say 'red,' you freeze. If you move during the red light, you have to go back to the start. Ready?"

Silkie nodded enthusiastically. Kiwi offered up a single nod of assent, readying herself to whip her siblings' butts, of course. Bat sighed a bit as she pushed herself upright, willing to play but not without some token protests along the way due to the high energy bill. And as for Tux...
190 Posts
Ooc —

if they were all getting prizes, what was the point in playing?  but of course, beating his siblings!  they played a very fast game of red light, green light, in which tux lost his patience and began to love up on his momma before they were all awarded with their winnings.