Moonspear Yes it's into the fire we fly and the devil will burn
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Everything that Charon said made perfect sense, and normally, that would satisfy Gannet. He could feel himself teetering between appeased and not, but instead, he just ended up being ok. Of his siblings, he'd always been the most family-oriented... he'd adored them all, and tended to throw himself openly into loving with abandon. Finding them gone had shaken him, and even when he'd turned Towhee down initially, it had been because he saw Moonspear as an opportunity at a new family. Hearing Charon say in so few words this was not going to be the case did disappoint.

More than non-family... it could maybe be enough. It was good to at least know where he stood, even if it meant he knew he could never lose the wariness around Charon and Amekaze that he operated with daily. He'd never be able to treat them with the casualness their children did, and the mountain would never truly be his. But it could be enough. It kinda had to be?

"I am," he said, nodding to show he understood, but not meeting his eye.  He supposed that was all that really needed to be said on that, yeah?

Actually... no. It wasn't. He would never be a significant boat-rocker, but Gannet was starting to grow into something akin to a voice. And this time he felt like he should use it, because he didn't really like what Charon had said thus far, and maybe he had the chance to change it. Or it could all backfire... who knew?

"I should have more." He said, and while he kept submissive, his voice was firm. "I left my family. I chose yours." It was how he felt at his core. He didn't want to lose his name, or take the Ostrega one. He just wanted to be seen as one of them... no footnotes, no distinctions.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Yes it's into the fire we fly and the devil will burn - by Gannet - June 16, 2018, 11:45 PM