Big Salmon Lake Look at all those chickens
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir watched as the sun fell below the trees, she took a glance up at the stars. Oh the sky was so pretty at night, so enchanting, she felt as if the stars danced across the sky with the moon as their intructor. The backdrop for their choreography was perfect, to her anyway. For a moment, everything in her life stopped there was nothing that could make her stop staring at these moonlit dancers. 

Though she loved he night time and staring into the sky, it was time to move on, move forward to find her calling. She took a deep breath and let out a sigh. Elixir's stomach rumbled and she felt it vibrate her whole body. At night it would be hard to find much food, but she decided to trek forward anyway. A few more feet and there was a lake she had come upon, she was careful not to walk to close before listening and watching for danger. 

Elixir moved toward the edge of the water and dipped her head, but before taking a gulp she looked left then right and then forward again. When she had lapped up enough to quench her thirst she laid back on her rump. Elixir was waiting on morning's light to find the right prey to try for.
40 Posts
Ooc — Bo
i didn't see this marked with private or aw, so let me know if you were expecting someone else and we can make this post a single cameo appearance before kodlak disappears.
The breath of the night sky had whispered to him many moons before he had reached the Teekon Wilds. He had known it well, and the Nord had often searched the northern lights for spiritual guidance along his journey. Though he had been led far from the tundra of the northernmost Jorrvaskr, Kodlak carried little regret in the bulk of his warrior shoulders. He had become a Companion so that he would know the earth and what it had to offer; he had not taken the Harbinger’s rank to long for his home.

The lake was quiet, lapping gently at the shoreline with a leisurely tug and pull. The Nord trekked just outside of reach, head low and swaying with each step forward. His coat stood out as a stark contrast to the rich navy and twinkling silver in the sky. Even the waters were illuminated in a glow of cerulean that matched only what was shimmering from overhead. Kodlak was the dusty storm torn figure against an obsidian backdrop. Though his movements were careful and calculated in aim of the mountain, he could not conceal himself well enough to bother.

The hybrid wolfdog that roamed ahead of him was missed by his sea-toned sights. Kodlak was not in favor of the wind, either, and so he continued the lumbering trek that carried him across loose skipping stones and damp soils. Ahead, he could see a river that twisted into the heart of a towering forest. It was all that blocked him from the rising mountains beyond.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
I had full intentions of marking it all welcome but I forgot. Thank you for joining!

Elixir was licking her paws as she her dog-like ears perked up. There were steps toward the lake, and then she seen a wolf lapping up water. She wasn’t sure how to go about introducing herself, she was a hybrid and some wolves are hostile toward her for that which made her shy. Elixir thought about introducing herself which made her get up off her rump and onto her sturdy paws, she took a few steps in the direction of the wolf and then moved back. In her head she was having a fight, should I? What if I have to fight?

When she finally looked up and started to walk forward again, he was walking away from her. Though she knew it might be a risk she decided to try and catch up with them and introduce herself, maybe she’d find a friend or maybe a foe, but she was realizing she had to take risks out here or she’d never become brave, she’d always be the shy and scared one.
40 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Were it not for the sound of quickly approaching paws, Kodlak would surely have missed the presence of the dark hybrid creature. Instead, a single dusty ear swiveled back to meet the imminent footfall and he swung his head around to meet the figure of the other.

At first, the burly Nord was taken aback at the sight. He had never seen such a strange creature before. It smelled foreign to him – as alien as the ocean had been – but not altogether lacking the savagery needed for survival in the wilderness. The swelling sea color of his gaze rested firmly on her dark frame, and the Wuuthrad offered her a swift wagging of his tail to suggest that he was not a creature who would cause immediate harm. Kodlak then worked to study the shape of her frame and the drooping of her ears.

The female’s coat was dark as night and thinner than what he had known. Her ears did not perk rigidly atop her crown but hung almost protectively over the tender insides. Even in the shape of her boxy muzzle was the look of someone who had not been born to the wild things. “Greetings,” he offered her in a deep-throated baritone.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir stopped when he stopped, she took a few steps back. He was certainly much taller than her, and things on him were much different. She knew what he was and she knew what she was, so that didn't scare her. The male spoke deeply to her and she gave him a little tail wag. Though she saw him look at her differely she offered a smile " I am part dog" she offered. "Hello, I'm Elixir" her voice was a little high pitch but in a soft way. 

The first thing she noticed about this male was his eyes, they were a different green than she'd ever seen. It was almost as if she got lost in them if she looked in them too long. She looked at his fur and then his paws, ears, and tail. His ears were different than hers, perked all the time, and his paws were much bigger.
40 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Kodlak Whitemane was – and always would be – a fierce and powerful creature. He was said to be a weapon of his people, and a fighter for their cause. He was bred to lead and to lend his strength to those who needed it. In Jorrvaskr, it was a common occurrence that his fangs were required. They led a great defense along the pack’s borders and were avid in training the young how to defend and conquer against their enemies. The Nord did not see this dark female as any form of enemy. She had approached him with a kindness in her step, and he valued that she was forthright about what exactly was wrong with her appearance. Still, he did not understand some of the words that she spoke, and he furrowed a brow over his sea foam eyes with thoughtful concern.

“Greetings, Elixir,” he met her with a rumbling voice. It was far more suitable to greet another with their calling instead of leaving it open-ended. Kodlak bowed his torso toward the earth in a grand gesture that was customary for those of his rank. The great Nordic warrior then met her gaze with his own and he offered her a gentle smile. “I do not know what a dog is. Please forgive me for this. My name is Kodlak Whitemane, Harbinger to the Companions and Wuuthrad of Jorrvaskr.”
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir saw him furrow his brow when she said dog, she was often forward about herself being a dog because it was easier than letting them figure it out. Most knew what a dog was, by his body language this far he did not. Even though it might be a bit awkward for her, she knows it’s better for everyone to know what she is and why she is different. 

When he spoke she nodded, Kodlak Whitemane, She thought about this name. It was very different but something that could roll off the tongue easily. “Well, it’s nice to meet you Kodlak. And it’s okay that you don’t know what a dog is, most wolves don’t.” She have a small nod still in a trance by his eyes. “It’s like a smaller form of a wolf and they are domesticated by humans.” She said, hoping maybe this would give him a bit of a picture. She was wanting in the future to let him know why she knows about dogs and why she shares blood with them. 

I am new around here, forgive me but what is a Harbinger? Or the Companions?” She felt bad as she knew maybe it was a rank of importance but not sure for what or who. Since leaving the market and the human that set her free she was still getting to know the wilds. It was hard for her sometimes to fend for herself since she was smaller.
40 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The dark maiden was a peculiar creature to him in more than just her sights. Her manner of speech was odd and so very unlike his own. Knowing that he had entered a world of new culture and that he was required to embrace it, the Nord did not disregard her words as being careless or lacking a formal structure. Instead, he offered her a soft smile; one that toyed along the edges of his dark and leathery lips. It did well to break through his harsh veneer and soften the grizzled maw of the northern warrior.

Elixir was prompt to provide him with answers to what her species was. Kodlak could not hide his interest. He had never had an interaction with the humankind before. He believed them to be something of myth – stories told only to poor pups in the chilling nights – and that they had never touched on the wild things of the earth. Still, this dark maiden knew quite a fair bit of them and she shared it openly. Domestic things were peculiar in such a savage setting; it seemed as though the soft creatures were always tainted by the roughhewn wilderness.

“Ah, yes,” he began after her questions had been presented to him. “Please forgive me. My culture is foreign to these parts. The Companions are an elite guild of warriors who fight to aid those around them. The Harbinger is their leader. I have taken the helm of the Companions in this, the fourth era of their existence.” It felt peculiar to have to describe his rank and life within that rank to the likes of a dark stranger. The lake was quiet, and it lulled him into an openness – a willingness to share – that he felt was an opportunity for growth.

“Did you dwell with these… humans for long? What has pulled you to the wilds?
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir listened as he spoke, he seemed so... well-mannered. She had never really spoken to someone like this but she liked it. Not quite like any others her ears were perked when he was talking about his culture, it seemed interesting. He was a leader of a fighting group, in her terms anyway. It seems noble to risk your life this way, but she had never really been in a ‘pack’ or even had a family so she didn’t know if it was unusual or not. “So you are a leader of a fighting group, and they fight for less fortunate ones?” She asks clarifying just in case maybe she took it the wrong way. This time she made a little face, like she was thinking. 

At this point she was thinking about his question, did she dwell with the humans?, she did house with one for a day or two before roaming in the wild. Should that be of concern? It was a few moments before she shifted her weight uncomfortably then looked at him again. “I was born near a lot of them, they sold me to a human, but he let me go into the Wild.” It came out a bit plain, like it wasn’t real to her yet, but she knew it did happen she just didn’t want to accept it. Elixir was getting nervous, she didn’t want Kodlak to think she had been domesticated by them or anything. Inpatiently she waited for an answer.
40 Posts
Ooc — Bo
“Mmm,” the Nord mused in a voice that carried hints of rolling thunder. “Yes, I suppose that is a fair way to put it. We fight for those who need us.” It seemed that the Harbinger was a noble title to carry, but Kodlak did not always see what they did as being virtuous. He had watched many of his companions give their lives for causes that were challenging to comprehend. There had been times he had almost given the very same. There was something of a paradox within him in which life carried a great deal of weight, but never his own. Kodlak was not sure when he would breathe his last breath. Perhaps it did not matter enough to him.

The dark female Elixir spoke of her life prior to the one she had. The Nord did not know enough of the humans to settle on an opinion. She did seem to speak with an urgency that pressed in him a need to not be concerned for her previous blood. Something caused him to wonder if she was at all like he was. “Do you miss the life you once lived?” he inquired carefully.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir nodded as she listened to him say it was somewhat like she described. She couldn’t imagine being one to fight, it would feel to much like where she was born. She was more soft than she was fight, even if there was a threat talking would be her first line of defense. Though she did think it was very... brave of him to have fought for others who need it.

Do you miss the life you once lived?... that was deep.. a lot deeper than she had though about. She took a second for her mind to ponder the question, to think back to the sights, sounds, and smells of her previously life. Memories flash in her head quickly, and in an almost instant she let out a small yelp. “I can’t say I do, but I’ve never known anything else so I’m trying to find something new out here in the wild.” Her words were full of confidence as she suppressed the memories that the question had brought up, like trying to put a lid back on a can that had already been open; it was hard.