Firefly Glen Speckles everywhere
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Private 
@Damien backdated, Set after this thread. Tag for visibility! <3

Vela had never really left Moonspear by herself, correction, she hadn't even left her pack's ground without someone with her. But after talking to her mother she decided that she should look for Drogon. She liked him and it felt weird that the male would just leave them. Maybe she would pick up his scent in a neighboring territory. Vela felt a rush of excitement when she crossed the border. She howled to her dad @Charon that she would be gone for only a brief period of time. She made some haste before her father could stop her.

The female stayed alert as she continued further away from her home. The ground evened out. She was not used to so much flat ground under her feet. She continued North into the forest. However, as she continued she noticed that the ground was far wetter as she expected. She was used to a rocky underground, not this soft swamp-like ground. The girl groaned, however, the floating light was what made her scowl turn to wonderment. The elegant girl noticed that she was surrounded by little floating lights. It reminded her a bit of her own speckles though these little lights were almost dancing around her. She had never seen anything like it!
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Reaching the Teekon Wilds was no the hard part. The hard part was crossing it to reach Blackfeather Woods. Thick forests and high mountains broke the place down into the trickiest of terrains and Blackfeather Woods was intentionally at the deepest of it all. But Damien was trained to find home no matter what came across, and once he crossed the salmon lake he would find the looming forest sitting in the background, waiting for him.

The glen that preceded said lake was thick and wet, hard to navigate and dark even at the brightest points of the day. he scenery reminded Damien a lot of the Whispmother Grotto back in Blackfeather Woods, but instead of wisps, fireflies crowded and lit up the place making it even harder to stay oriented. He expected the mud, he expected the cold and the darkness, he didn't really mind any of it. In fact it felt a lot like home. But what he wasn't expecting was to see Potema's silhouette dancing with the fireflies. His heart jumped with joy at her sight, but as he drew closer he realized he wasn't actually home and that was definitely not Potema. He tried to back down and pretend he was invisible, but his approach hadn't been silent at all and he was already within sight and hardly camouflaged.

[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela's wonder was abruptly pushed down when she heard someone approach. Her ears popped up and her muscles tightened and she looked in the dark. She tried to catch movement past the fireflies. She turned her body more towards the sounds. Her dark blue eyes fell upon a dark shape before her. The gamma lifted her muzzle and tail confidentially, even though she wasn't 100% secure in this area. She had her warrior trade so she could fight back if she wanted to. If this male was going to give her any trouble.

Vela kept her eyes on him as she noticed that the male seemed to want to get away from her. So there wouldn't be a fight then, not yet at least. It gave the female an immense boost of confidence that seemed to drip off her. She curiously stepped forward. Her gaze was still a little strict but in her curiosity, she had lowered her head to sniff him out. He smelled of nature, no other wolves. A loner, then. "Have you been alone for long?," Vela called out. She usually got straight to the point. She didn't feel much for introducing herself right away, last time that got her in trouble.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Despite his attempt to slip away he'd obviously already been caught. The female, who in fact did remind Damien a lot of Potema, didn't seem to have an issue with his presence, and promptly approached him with a curious nose. Damien wasn't okay with that, of course, and his immediate reaction was to draw the line. Teeth were revealed and posture fixed. His tail a banner of warning rise above his figure. Damien was nowhere close to being a social butterfly, and contact was strictly reserved for those in his tightest circle of trustees (which was in itself quite reduced).

Once the mood was set and the limits specified, Damien saw no issue with replying to the female's innocent question.

I'm not alone, he assured, feeling comfortably close from Blackfeather Woods to make the statement. Taking now the time to sniff her out Damien found her scent quite familiar, and linking it to memories her appearance also started to make sense. Moonspear, is it? he wondered. Well, in fact he was pretty sure she was the daughter of Charon himself, whose unmistakable speckles she shared and to whom the Dark prince had already been introduced by Potema a long time ago.

288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela quirked up her lips briefly when her approach was responded to with bared teeth. Vela bared her teeth as well, just to show the other that she wouldn't back away from a fight. She had stopped once she had seen the other's teeth. However, she hadn't moved back to give him more room. He could move back if he wanted to be less close to her. It wasn't even that she was in his personal space. She was a quite normal distance away from him.

Vela raised a brow at the male's answer that he wasn't alone. He didn't have any other wolf's scent in his fur so she didn't believe him at all. What did surprise her was that the other wolf knew her scent as that being the one of Moonspear. She was proud of being one of Moonspear's descendants so she just lifted her head in pride. Maybe if she left the territory to cause trouble she would make sure her scent would be faded but now there was no need to hide where she was from. He was familiar with the scent of Moonspear then.

"Great that you know, Moonspear. Do you happen to know a wolf named Drogon?,' she questioned. She didn't feel like talking about her own pack at the moment, she was out on a mission to find Drogon. She wasn't sure how much she could trust this liar. She was pretty sure this male was lying as he spoke of not being alone but it couldn't hurt to ask about Drogon.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

He allowed the woman to make her own statement and let her own growl pass without much interest. Her distance, despite being too close for his liking, wasn't an issue as long as she didn't come any closer, so he settled, lowered his tail enough to keep his dominance out of question. He allowed the muscles of his face to relax with a chuckle, noticing how the girl quickly evaded his mention of her pack by shifting to another topic. Drogon, eh? he did, he just didn't know he did. Kahlil, as he knew him, had been brought to Blackfeather Woods by Nyx to serve as her ward long before all the chaos took over. He had been an utter disappointment, and ranking highly on the Dark Brotherhood's kill list ever since his desertion.

I don't recall that name, no... But I'm interested. Is he a friend or an enemy? he asks curiously, lowering his tail even more to signal his growing interest. Damien was, after all a talented Dark Brother whose services she could benefit from.

288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela read the male well. It was clear that the male was used to being dominant as he easily settled in the role. Vela didn't do much with it though. She kept her tail the same as his. In her eyes, they were the same rank especially now she was out of her pack's territory. In her home territory, she might act higher than this male but she knew that such things didn't work outside of her homeland. She dipped her head once.

Vela snorted. "If I say, enemy, would you find him faster?," she challenged him with a bit of a grin. She liked that this male was showing more interest. Drogon was actually a friend, more than a friend really. If she only knew that she asked Drogon's worst enemy to find him. Not very tactical, but then again, she didn't know. "Is that what you do then, find lost wolves?" She was curious now.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Damien grins a false smile at her reaction. She was pushing it, her attitude, but there was no use battling for dominance in such a setting. The dark prince contains himself, focusing on the question at hand, which did, in fact, bring him great interest. She asks whether he'd find the man faster should he be an enemy, and Damien smiles, this time he really smiles. your chances would definitely improve... he says with a purposely eerie tone to his voice.

Lost wolves... Yes. But mostly those who don't want to be found. he states, emphasizing his true intentions. Gore, gore was usually the purpose of a Dark Brother, and gore was surely a motif for the Dark prince.

288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela was starting to get more of an eerie as the male continued. Vela's face tightened. She didn't want to have the other to think that she wanted Drogon killed. "Interesting offer, but you haven't convinced me," she spoke to the dark male. He was fascinating though, perhaps because he was so eerie and different from anyone she met. She was a bit reminded of Iliksis in a way. As much as he had been submissive in the beginning, it was exactly the opposite of what this male was doing. Still, she could see a link in the way the looked at her.

"You remind me of someone," she stated, her blue eyes as curious as ever. Vela was not scared to look at him or to take in the male fully. Perhaps those pale eyes should have scared her. Or those scars should have told her that much. Yet, her curiosity got the better of her. "Where are you from then, if you aren't alone?"
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Damien simply didn't eat up her word. He knew he made her anxious, he could see through her tough mask, and that gave him an advantage he knew well how to use. His eyes locked right onto hers, the deep blue arrogance was the exact same present in Charon's own eyes, but this girl was young and naive, clueless about who she was dealing with. How curious... It seemed you were interested in finding this... Drogon. If it is information about him what you want, I could also provide you with it... For a fair price, of course... he offered, confident that his plans on building up a network of spies would be easy enough.

Once again the girl shifted away from the topic, this time to claim Damien reminds her of someone and ask about his allegiances. We're many... he started with mystery added to his voice and the knowledge he had acquired in the past months in mind. We're scattered across the known world. We know things and do things many don't want to know. I can never be alone even when there's no one in miles because our mother sees it all from her own plane. he explains, vaguely giving her an idea of who she was dealing with.

Now, who did he remind her of?

288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Vela kept her eyes on him. She was not that impressed by the eerie man. The freckled girl slowly sat down. "Well, you told me you don't know him so I might just do it myself...," she returned to him. "...without needing to pay you for anything," she added with a grin. Vela might think she was a princess but she was still very hands on. If something didn't go fast enough she would do it herself. "Like I said you didn't convince me of your services," she shrugged. She was more than open to prove himself, but she didn't believe he would be that stupid.

Vela listened to him quietly as he explained where he came from. However, she didn't get a clear answer at all. The girl rolled her eyes before battering it back at him. "Right," she returned skeptically. However, she was reminded of assassins and spies the way he talked. "That didn't really answer my question, but, interesting. I was attacked once, on our own borders, could have been one of yours? Someone on an assignment?,' she asked, her interest sparked again. Since the male didn't ask who he reminded her off, she didn't bother to tell him. They made it to that part already, anyhow.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

Just like her, Damien was skeptical about the girl's tracking abilities. She did not seem capable of finding what she was looking for, however if she was not interested in Damien's services he didn't really have a reason to stay around for too long. Suit yourself, girl. I'm sure you'll do just fine on your own. But bear in mind... Those who don't want to be found do stupid things when their cover is blown... I would hate to see one of the great Charon's daughters die in the hands of a coward... he stated, dropping a name that would without a doubt catch the speckled girl's attention.

He moved on with her to address the next topic, which turned out to be more noteworthy than Damien originally expected. We never engage without reason... he claims. Perhaps he wasn't completely right about that, but at least it was at the core of his principles and those of the Dark Brotherhood. If he were truly one of ours we wouldn't be having this conversation

288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
It came to her as no surprise that the male knew who she was. The female looked almost identical to her dad, and if this male truly knew Moonspear then the connection was easy. Vela only offered him a smirk when he revealed that he knew who she was. Her eyes gave a bit of a glint before she spoke. "I like that you underestimate me," she returned. She rather had people underestimate her so she could surprise them. She would never end up in the hands of a coward.

Vela listened with interest. Perhaps there had been a bigger plot to her kidnapping. Maybe she should have gone to find out what Black Feather wanted with her. "I see," she spoke thoughtfully and then dipped her head. "Or you just underestimate me again," she grinned. She would leave that for him to decide if he did that or not. After she would find Drogon, because she would, then she might go and see what Black Feather wanted with her, to find the bigger picture. That was an excellent idea! An idea she would not tell her father.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Last post! Lets do this again soon!

A smug smile creeps up Damien's lips as he looks up and down at Vela. She didn't seem like a weak one at all, he would give her that, but talk is cheap and appearances are just about that much. She didn't want his help? She wouldn't get his help, but from now on this Drogon was a person of interest for Damien. Moonspear, although it had always remained on a grey area for Damien, had dangerously entangled itself with Blackfeather Woods by Charon's closeness to Potema, and it was always good to have some form of leverage whether it was for good or nefarious intentions.

Very well, tough lass. I will leave you to it, then, he says with a hint of arrogance in his voice and those were the last words Vela heard of him, for the Dark prince carried his heavy frame away and into the darkness to find his way back home. He had clearly wasted his time with this one, after all, and there were pressing matters that desperately required his attention elsewhere.

288 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Whooo <3

Vela watched as the male said his goodbyes. It wasn't like they had loads to talk about anymore. However, the male did spark a thought process within the female. Vela didn't bother to say goodbye as she watched the male vanish between the shadows. The speckled female decided that she would look a bit further for Drogon before returning home once more. Maybe the next time she would go out further or in a different direction to find him.

- end -