Broken Boulder milton joins a pack!
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
Joining 
Hi! Your colors are so beautiful. I would love to be part of your pack. X3

Milton was happy but he wanted to be happier. He walked and he tried to find a pack that he might join. He did not know if anyone would want him because he did not know how to do everything. Milton was scared that he would not be liked if he tried to join another pack. Milton wanted to be liked by his friends and he wanted to be loved. He found a pack border and he sniffed it. His made his auds go up and he listened to see if there was a wolf nearby. He wanted to see if they would let him in their pack.

Milton did not see anyone yet. Milton howled to see if someone would come to the edge because he did not want to be attacked for going into a pack he did not belong to yet. He wanted to make a good first impression. Milton was afraid that he would not make a good impression if he trespassed. He had never liked wolves that trespassed because it was rude and he did not like rude wolves. Milton waited with his tassel curled around his paws. He watched with wide hot hot pink eyes.
Niamh made my avatar! She is very nice. 
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Thinner and more fatigued by the day, Alarian was nonetheless out and hunting along the borders when he heard the call. He couldn't stomach anything yet; everything he caught went to the caches. The Governor immediately abandoned his hunting at the unfamiliar howl, turning promptly to answer the call. Another joiner, he figured; part of him wondered if the wolf would be from Grimnismal, another poor soul fleeing the bear.
The male he approached didn't look anything like a refugee, though. He was deep brown, with striking pink eyes; not bad looking, actually. Alarian chuffed as he approached, tail swishing. Hello, He offered a careful smile as he drew nearer. Welcome to the Bracken Sanctuary. I'm Alarian, the Governor; are you looking for temporary shelter, a home, or just some help?
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
Another wolf showed up! Milton almost danced he was so happy. He looked at the other wolf with hot hot pink orbs and he smiled a wolf smile. When the other wolf came to him he had a smile too. Milton liked that the other wolf was smiling at him! He felt welcome. He liked to feel welcome and he already liked this other wolf. He wanted to be a good boy so he made sure he stood up straight and did not look aggressive. He wanted the other wolf to like him. When the other wolf said hello it made Milton very happy. He asked Milton if he wanted a home and Milton nodded his head.

“I am Meltin’ Milton Snakehole and I want to join your pack. It’s so pretty here. I really want to join.” He smiled and he nodded his head with an excitement. He wanted the other wolf to know that he was serious about being a member of his pack and that he wanted to be a great asset. He was a good man. Milton wanted to prove that to this wolf. He would do anything to join this pack.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The dude was really cheery, and Alarian found himself more uncomfortable than anything. He kept it hidden well, thinking to himself that he definitely should have made @Delight handle this. Unfortunately, he was already here, and he wasn't about to turn the male away.
Alright, uh, Meltin' Milton— can I call you... Milt? He didn't wait for an answer, gesturing for the other to follow him into the territory. As he led the way towards the Broken Boulder, he continued: So, like I said, this is Bracken Sanctuary. There aren't many rules here— respect everyone and try to contribute however you can. Everyone starts in the Cipher rank— the lowest rank. Once you've established your role here, that will change. The Governor cast a curious glance towards their newest recruit. What sort of role do you think you'll pursue?
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
Milton liked this other wolf. He was so nice. Milton had really hoped that they would be nice in that pack and it was nice to see that their Governor was that nice. If they had been a mean pack then Milton would not have known what to do. He would have had to run away and hide. He was scared of mean wolves because they would hurt him. He had been hurt before and he did not like it. He had scars on his body from mean wolves and he did not want to have any more.

Milton followed the Governor and he smiled. He liked the way he talked. It was very smart and nice sounding. “You can call me Milly! Lots of people call my Milly. It’s easier to say I think. I like it. You can call my whatever you want though. You are the boss.” Then the Governor talked about what it was like to be in the pack. He talked about being a Cipher and Milton thought that sounded neat but it was a low rank so it wasn’t that cool he guessed. But it looked like there was a way to be cooler. If he wanted to establish a role. Milton didn’t know what kind of role he would do well in. Milton was afraid he would disappoint his new Governor. “OH um. I don’t know. I would like to protect the pack. I am really good at chasing rabbits. I can’t swim though. I never learned.” But one day he would get a teacher and he would learn and it would be amazing. Then he could stop being so afraid of water.  
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alright, Milt. Alarian decided, feeling slightly guilty for taking advantage of his position in a weird way. But, you know, Milt really fit this guy. So he was Milt. He tuned out for a beat, but managed to catch something about protecting the pack and not being able to swim. Oh, uh, I could probably teach you how to swim. Shit, why did he say that?
We also have a mercenary and an aspiring mercenary at the Sanctuary. If you're serious about pursuing it, you could see if either of them would teach you; although, our mercenary is heavily pregnant right now, so you'd have to wait to talk to her. He stifled a laugh at the thought of sending Milt to Vilkas or Queenie, realizing then that he wasn't particularly fond of either of the Sanctuary's mercenaries.
you're an angry blade & you're brave but you're all alone
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
he's just kind of watching, feel free to skip him

He tried not to crowd around Alarian, grateful but not wanting to be smothering. Ulf did his best to stay useful around here for the male had been rather kind upon their first meeting — even if the whole Uncle Philip situation had left him rather confused at first.

It was the unfamiliar voice that shattered his silence mixed with the familiar scent of Alarian that beckoned the canine forth. His tail swishing softly as he stood a few paces behind the Governor content to observe the more feral creatures and their discussions.

hurt hurt hurt me more
and i'll eat eat eat you whole
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
Wow! The Governor of the pack would teach Milton how to swim! Milton felt so happy. He was so alive. He did not know how to hold back his excitement. He jumped for joy and his tassel wagged really quickly behind him. His hot hot pink orbs looked at the other male and he thought he must have been dreaming. This wolf was so nice. Milton had never met such a person. He wanted to learn how to swim and he had joined a pack where the leader would teach him how to swim. It was so amazing. Milton almost cried because he did not know how to show his happiness. “You would REALLY teach me how to SWIM?! WOW! I think that would be so cool. You are so cool.” And he meant it. The Governor was so cool. Milton had found a really good pack.

The other wolf talked about some mercenaries in the pack and Milton got really nervous. He was afraid that the other wolves would think he was weak or not special enough to fight. But he was loyal! He wanted to protect his home now that he had one. He wanted to make sure that he kept it safe. He was a loyal wolf and loyal wolves protected hteir packs. Milton nodded his head and he got a serious face. “Ok yeah I would like to learn from these wolves. Do you think they would like to teach me? Also do you have lots of flowers in this pack? Flowers are the best.” It was true. Flowers were the best. If this pack was the best then it would have some floers.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He paused his stride, trying not to feel overwhelmed by Milt's energy, but it was proving difficult. Alarian nodded, smiled weakly. Thanks. You're pretty cool, too. The words were quiet, his gaze flitting past the other male. He spotted Ulf, then— and immediately relaxed a little, expression softening for a few beats as he looked at the dog. Already, Alarian had a terrible soft spot for him— and if Ulf was worried about crowding him, he was worrying for nothing.
Feeling a bit more comfortable now with his friend silently observing, he turned his attention back to Milt. Here at the Sanctuary, we all try to help each other when we can. As for flowers— we have a lot, at Paradise Garden. It's that way— He gestured towards the northern borders. Lots of butterflies, too.
Gesturing towards the Broken Boulder (he didn't want to move any further from Ulf, and it was at least in sight now), he continued. Most of the pack makes their dens in there— the place where the boulders are split. There are tunnels down there. Caverns.
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
The stranger was so...lively. Loud words that caused his ears to press back against his crown. They all jumbled together in his brain and caused his lips to press tightly together. He tried to focus on the familiar voice of Alarian, hoping to not get lost in his words.

It was hard to keep up with the directions, topics, and just the general atmosphere. Feeling as awkward as one possibly could, he shifted his weight carefully on his paws wondering when things would settle down in his mind.

hurt hurt hurt me more
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
The Governor thought Milton was cool!!! That was so awesome. Milton loved it there. He already wanted to do everything for the Governor. He was such a neat guy. So cool. Milton wanted to be that cool someday. He had a feeling if he learned how to swim he would be cool. And the Governor was going to teach him! Wow that was so special that it made Milton feel like he was special too. He was so happy to have found such a good pack. He wanted to stay there forever. He probably would.

They had flowers! Lots of flowers! “And butterflies!? I love butterflies too! That’s so cool. I love this place already. I want to stay here forever. Is that okay?” Milton saw the dog and he looked at him. Milton’s hot hot pink orbs blinked and he smiled at the dog. He was happy to see that they had dogs here. It was neat to have a dog. “I like dogs. What’s that one’s name? Is he your pet?”
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian tensed a little when Milt asked if Ulf was his pet. His name is Ulf, and he's absolutely not my pet— he's not anyone's pet. He's my friend, and part of Bracken Sanctuary, Honestly, he got the feeling Milt was a little slow, so he couldn't bring himself to really be angry— but he was firm nonetheless. Then, he moved on, eager to forget that uncomfortable part of the conversation. I'm glad you like it here, Milt. Is there anything else you need, or should I let you get to making new friends? He figured if he worded it in a way that sounded exciting, dude would go for the bait. Like a kid, yeah?
Maybe he was getting better at this leader thing.
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
Milton felt like the Governor was trying to get rid of him but that was okay because the Governor was probably trying to go play with his really cool dog. Milton didn’t want to get in the way of that quality bonding time so he just gave his new master a really happy smile on his wolf face and he wagged his tassel so hard that it made his bum shake and he laughed. “OK! I’ll go make new friends. I’ll see you later so you can teach me how to swim.” Because Milton needed to learn how to swim. How had he made it this far into his life without learning how to swim? It was really sad that he didn’t know how to swim and he really wanted to swim so he left his Governor and left to go make new friends.
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
He didn't understand a lot of the conversation. All the words whirled past him faster than he could keep up with. Although he did notice one word. A name actually - his name. His ears stood tall as he waited for something to be said to him. Yet nothing was ever directed towards him.

His head tilted softly as the loud wolf moved away from the scene. Cautiously he approached Alarian, now more comfortable with interrupting the gold-kissed male. All okay? He asked the Governor softly with a gentle smile.

hurt hurt hurt me more
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He was undeniably relieved when Milton finally left; honestly, what had Ali ever done to deserve that, anyway? What was the deal there? Maybe, he thought, the sea witch had cursed him— maybe that was why everything sucked and the universe had aligned in just the right way to stick the most horrifyingly cheerful, oblivious wolf in the world right in Alarian's face. Thanks yall.
Alarian turned to Ulf as he approached, already relieved and calming slightly to see his friend's gentle expression. Yeah, He told him with an affectionate smile, tail swishing now. Then he gestured in the direction of Paradise Garden, a question behind his gaze. If Ulf accepted his invitation, he'd lead him there— if not, well. Whatever his friend wanted to do, he'd happily shadow him for awhile if allowed. There was something calming about the wolfdog's presence; maybe this counted as using him, in a way.
Alarian had already accepted that he was pretty awful, though, and that was okay with him.