Broken Boulder now i'm feeling things, so be sure
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
As his hind end joined his front half on the ground, Kavik couldn't help but emit a gentle laugh at her excited response. The pale wolf laughed and took off for the woods. Her limp poked at the protective flame that burned in his chest whenever he was around her. He wanted to ask her what happened (make sure he didn't need to hunt someone down), but he feared the question would make her self conscious. Not wanting to taint this moment, though, he pushed the thoughts from his mind for now. 

He had given her a few minutes. He knew he could catch her, but this wasn't a competition; it was meant to be fun. Plus, he was looking forward to tracking her down. 

Once he was sure he had given her a good head start, he rose to his feet in one fluid motion and began trotting in the direction he had seen her go. Once in the woods, he picked up her fresh trail fairly easily. He followed the pine and wildflower scent a little ways until he found his way blocked by a cluster of smaller trees. They were clearly too big to jump over but too small for him to go in between the trunks. He sniffed the ground in front of the trees, occasionally exhaling sharply through his nose to stir up the dirt. She had definitely gone this way. Suddenly, a grin crossed his dark black face. She was a clever little wolf. He now realized she had meant to cut through these trees, using her size to her advantage and knowing his size would leave him at a disadvantage. 

He looked around for a minute, taking in his surroundings and trying to find another way. Soon, he decided to walk the line of trees until he found a spot big enough to get through. He could probably find his way back to her scent once on the the other side of this cluster of trees. His plan proved successful when he found bigger opening not too far from the place she gone though. 

Once he found his way back to her scent trail, he followed it for a few minutes until he found himself approaching a mound of loose rock. The trail stopped at the base of the rock pile and as he placed his two front paws on the side to get a better look at the top, he saw her. 

He looked at her, satisfaction and mischief filling his emerald gaze, and raising an eyebrow, he said, "Gotcha," a playful grin painted on his face.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 07, 2018, 01:19 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 07, 2018, 02:25 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 07, 2018, 03:29 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 07, 2018, 05:24 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 08, 2018, 11:02 AM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 08, 2018, 11:34 AM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 08, 2018, 12:09 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 08, 2018, 04:00 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 09, 2018, 10:29 AM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 09, 2018, 07:45 PM