Otter Creek I'm a fine-tuned, supersonic, speed machine.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Private 
Speedy actually hadn't meant to wander this way, but when she realized where she was, she smiled. It made her wonder what @Siarut had been up to lately. Maybe she would find him around here since this was the first place she ever found him. Thinking back on that day made her chuckle, and she suddenly realized she missed her friend. 

The night was cool and cloudy, and as she took a seat next to the water, she watched as the ripples in the water made their across the bright reflection of the moon. As she sat lost in thought, she thought about how much she had changed lately. She no longer wanted to join a pack; not anytime soon anyway. When she wasn't roaming around and enjoying her freedom, she was spending time with the hard-to-read male that had helped her out of that hell hole of a gorge she somehow wandered into. Her future was pretty uncertain right now, but what surprised her the most was that she found she wasn't afraid of that uncertainty. She actually liked the spontaneity of it all, which was very different from the naive girl that had traveled here a couple months ago. 

Content with her thoughts and the company of of the moon, she decided she would stay here a while. If she was lucky, she might even catch the attention of her friend before she left.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He had taken the time the last few days to venture out to all the spots he had been that held memory to him, remember the friends he had made and the new adventures that had come to pass. This was his last journey. He could feel it in his bones, the glacier his young sister had spoke of was the home he had always longed for. It was only now in the days before he and his family would set of for greener pastures (or lack thereof) that Siarut came to realize how trapped he had truly been in Aningan. He really did love his father, but there was a rift between them now. Now that Sia had explored the world of his own accord and met his niece and nephews. In many ways he was similar to the man, and yet now he held a certain poise that his father could never and would never posses. 

As he walked along the path he stumbled upon a familiar sight. The friend that had been absent for to long. Speedy. With a kind smile the large ice bear made his way toward her, glad that they could share yet another passing. "Speedy!" He called as he was still some distance away.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy heard a familiar voice call her name and she smiled. She turned to see the large, white wolf headed towards her. "Siarut!" She replied back as stood and began trotting towards him, tail wagging behind her. 

When she reached him, she gave an excited play bow before jumping up to lick his cheek excitedly. "I've missed you!" She was so glad luck was in her favor tonight. Luck was the only way to describe how he would actually turn up here the one night she accidentally wandered back to their original meeting place. "How have you been?" She asked, smiling warmly at him. "Still Mr. Perfect?" She teased as she sat down in front of him still wagging her tail.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Her playful stance was returned in kind, after the lick to his cheek Siarut nosed her scruff. "I missed you too my friend. It has been to long." With little ways of contacting each other it was usually hit or miss when they next would see one another. A sad note sprung to mind, thinking that this could be the last time they might meet. 

Pushing away the sadness for a little longer he nodded his head, "I have been good. Busy, very busy. But good none-the-less." Sia gave her a sly smirk, "Obviously, I'll always be Mr. Perfect." He chuckled to himself, "And you Speedy? How have you been?" He couldn't find the scent of a pack upon her and wondered if his friend had found a home to call her own.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy grinned at him."good! I'm glad" she only wanted good things for Siarut. He was the first friend she had made when coming here, and even though their first meeting started out a little awkward, she still looked back on it fondly. 

With his next question, she shrugged. "I've been really good. Actually enjoying my freedom and the ability to wander wherever I choose " At their last meeting, she had felt lost without a pack, but now, she felt alive and free. It was a different path than what she had originally planned for herself, but it turned out to best the best fit for her; at least, for now.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut nodded, and gave her a nudge before settling to sit infront of the woman. "That is good my friend. I am glad you are enjoying your freedom. I'll have to live through you, as my freedom has been swiftly ended." He laughed, although it sounded like a sad statement he only spoke with a tone of happiness. And indeed he was happy for the first time in a long time, he had reason to hope. With his siblings by his side, and a new generation for his family, they only thing he was sad about was leaving the two friend he had made behind. 

"Although I'm afraid it means that I will be travelling far from the surrounding area." Sia peered at the woman, wondering what she might had to say.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She grinned at Siarut's first comment, glad that he seemed to understand the need for freedom. She wished he could wander the Teekon Wilds with her, but she knew he had a family and responsibilities. 

Speedy froze at his next words, and her smile faltered. She looked at him with sadness and confusion. "You're leaving? Where are you going?" They hadn't seen much of each other lately, but she always knew in the back of her mind that she had a friend close by should she ever need one. She nuzzled him then, seeking comfort from the realization that she would miss him like crazy.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He could see her smile fall, he had too felt the sadness he had been supressing return and linger in the pit of his stomach. "Yes we all are leaving. My sister recently gave birth, we have decided to head southeast toward a territory very much like the home we left behind. There is a large ice pack there, suitable for arctic wolves." He looked over her form, if he thought she could handle the weather he would probably ask her to join them. He could always use a friend that wasn't a blood relative. However, she was definietly not an arctic wolf, infact she was quite the opposite. 

"We are leaving in a few days." Sia returned his gaze that he had just noticed he had turned away. "We are headed for Duskfire Glacier." The trust he now held with her would be obvious considering how private he had been in their first meeting, and now he revealled everything to her, including potentially dangerous information. Travelling with young pups could be hazardous if the wrong people knew of such a journey.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Her smile returned at the mention of his sister having pups. "Congratulations." she said. She could so imagine Siarut being a uncle. As sad as she was about him leaving, she was glad he was finding his place in life. From what he had shared about his family, it seemed they were really important to him, and she could relate to that. The territory he spoke of seemed way too cold for Speedy. Plus, she had some kind of unofficial group starting with Kalganov, and she wanted to see that through.

Her eyebrows lifted when he said they would be leaving in two days. "That soon?" she asked, looking down. "Well, I'm glad I made way over here, then." She hadn't even meant to come this way. It was like the universe wanted to give them a chance to meet one last time. "I'm really glad you found a place to start a new life," she added after a few minutes. She was sad he was leaving, but she didn't want him to think she didn't want him to be happy.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"Thank you." Sia smiled, thinking of his niece and nephews. He couldn't believe that he had been so angry when hearing the news of his sisters pregnancy, now he couldn't imagine life without them. 

He could only nod at her exclamation of the time constraint. "I'm glad that we were brough together once again, if only to say goodbye." Sia smiled sadly at Speedy. Leaning in a nosing her cheek fondly. "As the new patriarch of my family, I offer you shelter if you ever need it. Don't hesitate to seek me out if you ever need help Speedy. Just because my journey takes me far from here does not mean I will think less of you. You are always welcome. Don't forget that." This was his official offering of sanctuary should she ever need it. "I hope that you too find your way in life Speedy, and find somewhere and someone who can make you happy." Siarut gave her another kind smile, he valued her continued friendship, even though he was travelling far.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Her yellow gaze lifted to meet his green one and she couldn't help but smile again. That was a very kind offer; one she would remember in the future should she ever find herself in a bind. "Thanks, Siarut," she said softly, the gratitude heavy in her voice. She moved forward to put her face in his neck, breathing his scent in and committing it to memory. 

She was pretty happy with her life now, but knew she would one day crave the stability of a pack and a family again. "Dammit, this sucks," she said into his fur. "I'm happy for you, but it still sucks," she added with a sad chuckle. She would have to wander for a while after this to ease her disappointment; every step hopefully driving away the feeling of loss.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Leaning his head upon hers as she took comfort in his coat. He would miss her dearly, that he was sure of. "I know." He chuckled sadly along with her, "I will visit as much as possible in hopes of seeing you again, perhaps one day I will find you settled. If the day should come where you have found a place to call home, you must let me know so I have a place to visit." He nuzzeled his head atop hers, and gave a content sigh. 

He suddenly realized that in his infatuation with Ceara, he had neglected another that perhaps would have  sat closer to heart. Siarut leaned heavier as he thought, he knew that leaving both woman would be harder than he had originally thought. "I'm going to miss you." He whispered quietly.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
"You better visit," she teased. Then, a little more seriously, she added, "You'll always be welcome wherever I am." She didn't know where that would be, but she knew they would see each other again. If he went too long without returning, she would just have to march her little ass to his new home.

She was surprised at his quiet admission; it was uncharacteristically emotional for the otherwise reserved male currently offering her comfort. She pressed closer to him before responding, "I'm going to miss you, too." She was closer to Siarut than anyone else she had met so far. It made her wish she had made more of an effort to visit him over the last few weeks. Now he was going to be even farther away. Neither of them could change the past, though, so she would just have to enjoy this time with him now and make sure to see him soon in his new home.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Their hug lingered for a long time, Siarut not wanting to let go to quickly. He knew he would see her again, she was still able to travel as she pleased which gave him hope that he might see her soon enough. 

"Take care of youself ok?" He could smell the scent of another on her, which made him worry and also eased his heart at the same time. She wasn't comletely alone, and yet not everyone was a good soul. "Be safe. No more sleeping out in the open, eh?" The large man wouldn't pull away from the embrace, but would instead let he hear the words vibrate through his frame.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy was glad Siarut indulged her nature and let their hug go on silently for a little bit. When he told her to take care of herself, Speedy smiled into his fur. "You take care, too," she replied thoughtfully. 

His next comment elicited a husky laugh from her and she pulled back a little to meet his gaze. "I knew I would never live that down," she said, grinning at him. "Don't worry. No more sleeping out in the open for me, especially since you won't be here to wake me up." Speedy was quiet again for a few seconds before she added, "I guess I should let yo go now, huh? Her grin fell a little with her words, but she knew he had things to do and couldn't stay here trading quips with her all night.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
wrap up?

He took laughed along side her, glad to have the easy comradery between them, sometimes easier than his own siblings. He's smile died at her last comment, and he rested his head atop hers. Sia lingered for longer, dragging out his reply for a few more moments with his friend. Finally he nodded, "Yea, I should get back." He waited another moment, before pulling away completely and giving her another smile. "Don't be a stranger." Sia took a few steps, headed back toward the Woods. Stopping her looked over his shoulder, still smiling. "Bye Speedy." He waited to hear her response before heading back home to his family.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Yeah :'(

"I won't." She said as he stepped away. She watched him turn back and head towards where his family was. When he looked back to tell her bye, she grinned at him. "Bye, friend. Good luck!" She once again watched him disappear into the distance and hoped it wouldn't be the last time she ever saw him. With that cheerful thought, she turned and headed back towards the direction she came from, knowing she wouldn't stop moving for a long time.