Broken Boulder a little reflection
you're an angry blade & you're brave but you're all alone
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
All Welcome 
AW! || June 7th, Late Morning, Partly Cloudy.

It had rained earlier that morning and now all that was left was the damp earth and the low hanging clouds. He did not hide in the dens from the wet weather, instead, he lounged outside on a rogue slab of stone. Ulf imagined it would have been warm had a summer drizzle not cooled it off.

He was content — happy — in that moment. Somewhere in the distance birds were chattering but he couldn't be bothered to look for them. Perhaps he was being a bit selfish, taking advantage of the Sanctuary caring for him but he couldn't think of what else to do that summer morning.

hurt hurt hurt me more
and i'll eat eat eat you whole
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
Milton really liked his new pack. He wanted to meet everyone in it. Milton wanted to be the very best that he could be because if he wasn’t then he was doing something wrong and he had promised that he would be the best to the Governor and he did not want to let him down. Milton went to search for new friends and he saw the dog. He really liked that the pack had a dog that was so cool. Milton thought the dog was so pretty with his neat fur and his super bright eyes. Milton had bright eyes too but they were so hot hot pink and not like icy blue.

“Hi! I’m Milton do you remember me? I remember you.” He had been there when Milton had joined and Milton never forgot a face. He liked to think that he would always remember people no matter what because that was what good friends did. He wanted to be a good friend to everyone in the Bracken Sanctuary.
Niamh made my avatar! She is very nice. 
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
feel free to skip him for now, he's just watching!
He had not taken much time to speak to Milt Romneyon yet, but he was undeniably curious about the newcomer to the Sanctuary. Honestly, he was kind of weird. Alarian himself could be strange, too, though— so though Milt made him uncomfortable, he'd give the possible 2018 Senator of Utah a chance. The Governor decided to seek him out, but trailed a distance behind the male. He needed some time for mental preparation.
It was probably for the best that he did; it seemed Milt had found Ulf, and, well— this would be interesting. Alarian backed up some, moving carefully, and more or less hid somewhere to watch them. For now, he didn't let himself think about how he felt about the interaction; first, he wanted to see how it went.
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
It was hard to forget the stranger - who was no longer really a stranger as they had introduced themselves to be Milton - with his lively sounds and looks. His head lifted as icy blue eyes took in the feral.

Remember. He spoke as his accent laced the words. Loud he had wanted to say but thought better than that. What need? Ulf was not used to being sought out for company so naturally he assumed that the hot pink-eyed Milton needed something from him. While the wolfdog had not been keen on doing much today, he figured it might look better for him to help out the newcomer.

hurt hurt hurt me more
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She emerged, as if from the shadows, her intense orange eyes focused on the interaction between the dog and their newest Cipher.  She brushed up next to her brother, allowed their fur to intermingle, but her gaze was focused forward.
— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
Oh man there were so many cool wolves just hanging around and they all wanted to play with Milton and he was just so excited holy wow! Milton danced because he did not know what else to do. Over there was the Governor and some chick he didn’t know and up close was the dog he barely knew and Milton just didn’t know who to talk to first.

The dog was there and Milton wanted to talk to the dog first because he was coolest of all and Milton kinda wanted to be like a dog but he was a wolf and would never be a dog but if he was a dog he would be like Scooby Doo because he was the best dog because he could solve crimes. “Hi! I just want friends. Do you want to be my friend? My name is Milton and you can call me Milly if you really want but you can call me something else if that’s easier for you. Do you speak another language? Are you French?” He was so excited that his tassel started to wave even faster and he talked really fast and was scared he would scare the dog off but he really liked him.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Ulf is precious, I had to jump in!

Steele came upon a wolf he had never met, and the wolfdog that Alarian had told the pack about. He slowly approached the two and then gave a slight tail wag for greeting. He hadn't personally met this wolfdog yet but he wanted to. When he looked at the brown wolf Steele didn't recognize his scent or his face, he must be new. The Sanctuary had been a popular place lately, and he didn't mind as he hadn't talk to many of them but he did plan on it. "Hello." he gave a nod to both of them.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

117 Posts
Ooc — croc
He had been okay at first but then it suddenly hit him all at once. Milton spilled more words faster than Ulf could keep up with, too many questions for him to evenly process. His tongue felt heavy in his mouth. It was like the pale stranger all over again, a sense of dread building up in him. The wolfdog had wanted to say something - anything - but then another wolf appeared from nowhere. This one didn't speak nearly as much as Milton had but Ulf was still overwhelmed from the first encounter.

His jaws parted to speak but all that escaped him was a gentle whine as a look of embarrassment overcame his masked features.

hurt hurt hurt me more
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Eris stepped in beside him, and then the male Lily had brought showed up to greet Ulf and Milton— and Alarian froze for a moment. He glanced to his sister, wide-eyed, then turned and hurried towards his dog friend. It had become apparent to him early on that Ulf was easily overwhelmed, and as he grew closer he could see from the wolfdog's expression that his fears had been correct.
He swept in silently beside his friend, glancing over the other two wolves. Hello, The Governor offered, gaze silently demanding their attention. Normally he would not have been so bold, but he didn't know what else to do— he only knew that he couldn't leave Ulf like this.
65 Posts
Ooc — Guillotina
Guillotina was looking for Milton and was sick of searching for him. It was a lot of work and didn't make her less hungry. After searching for him she found him socializing with a group of people.  Guillotina liked being the center of attention so she didn't even pause and just walked up to him. There were still pretty feathers sticking out of her hair and she gave him and Steele smiles because they had both fed her which was the equivalent of a wolf date at a swanky restaurant.  

Guillotina noticed Ulf who she still thought had weird eyes, and there was also Lesbily and some other lady she did not know who was not as pretty as her. She smiled because even in this group she was clearly the most attractive, even when you counted the two guys that were confused about their gender and must have gotten their femparts swapped during assembly. Mostly Guillotina wanted to know what was wrong with Ulfs eye and why he looked like what a wolf did if someone was painting it and got distracted halfway through the detail layer, blurred some shit together, and just slapped some shadows on it and called it a day. Either way his Wolf Drive clearly had been corrupted or entirely uninstalled, and Guillotina was gonna get to the bottom of it unless it scuffed her nails in which case she would lose interest.  "hello boys and ladies. So what's going on with your eye?" Guillotina asked very sweetly, giving him a smile so he was not discouraged like he had been last time.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

feel free to Punish Her for this, jesus

Perhaps Lanawyn would have not said anything.  Lanawyn would have stayed quiet in her discontent.  Eris would not, and unfortunately for Guillotina, Eris also liked to be the center of attention.  That's rude, she interjected, making to step between the wolfdog and the wild-eyed Cipher as she bored into the ermine-white girl.  What's wrong with your attitude?  Maybe later she would feel bad for being so prickly (maybe sooner if it upset Ulf; Alarian had told her about the first time his eye had been mentioned), but in this second her annoyance felt righteous.

She turned her attention towards the now-large gathering. He is overwhelmed.  If you could do me a favor and be-bop out of here for now...  She didn't bother to finish her sentence.

7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele watched as things unfolded in front of him. He saw first how Ulf seemed to be overwhelmed and he couldn’t get a word out over his nerves. He felt for him as Steele used to get easily overwhelmed when he was younger. He felt as if it was right for Alarian stepping in and he gave a bow of his head, and took a few steps back.

His eyes fell for the wolfdog but as the pearly female cake up that he met not long ago he knew it was trouble then. As she talked he looked at Ulf, he had never noticed his eyes before and thought it was a bit rude to ask him about them out loud in a crowd that he has just met. At this point Steele felt it was best for him to walk away before things get out of hand, he couldn’t do much but he knew Alarian and Lanawyn would take care of the wolfdog.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
Wow there are a lot of wolfs in this post now! Wow! ^0^

There were so many wolves there. Milton had just wanted to talk to Ulf and he was really worried that he had done a bad thing. Maybe the Governor had lied to him about Ulf being his pet because it seemed like the Governor spent a lot of time with Ulf and didn’t want Milton to play with him. That made Milton sad because he really just wanted to play with Ulf and talk to him and get to know his favorite color so he could bring Ulf flowers in his favorite color. Flowers made everything better. There was Tina! “HI TINA!” Milton was so happy to see Tina. She was his favorite wolf because she was so pretty and nice to him.

The other wolf did not seem to like Tina very much. She got a little mean at Tina and it made Milton push his auds back and whimper because he felt like she was not very happy with them. She thought Tina had an attitude but Milton didn’t think Tina had an attitude. She was just a little different. Wasn’t everyone a little different? Maybe he was wrong and he was doing things wrong in their pack and they were going to throw him and Tina out! That was scary because Milton loved his new pack and he wanted to live there forever. “Please don’t be mad. I just wanted to be Ulf’s friend. I really like him… I’m sorry. Please stop yelling at my friend Tina. She’s really the best Tina ever.”
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
It all happened so fast. He had just been alone and suddenly there were wolves all around him. It felt like someone was squeezing his lungs. Words whizzing right past him. Amongst all of the faces, though, he recognized one with a distaste.

The one who asked of his eye.

He shrunk back, slinking away from the crowd as his eyes grew wide and - in an extremely rare display for Ulf - his inky lip pulled back enough to expose his teeth. It was more out of fear rather than pure aggression but the message was clear enough.

Don't get close.

hurt hurt hurt me more
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
PP with permission! Exit Ulf & Ali
A pale girl approached, a stranger; immediately Alarian knew this had to be eye girl. His expression was one of immediate distaste, but morphed into outright anger at her words. Before he could interject, Eris shot biting words at her. Alarian cast her a grateful glance, even as Milton launched into some kind of pleading rant.
It was Ulf's reaction that drew his full attention. For several beats he was too angry to react— he wanted to drag the pale girl somewhere away from here and tell her exactly what he thought of her rude comment, and exactly where she could stick it. But he realized his friend needed him more. Handle this, The bark was directed at his sister, tense and angry but not at her— no, his ire was only for the girl whose name he didn't even know.
With that, he turned to follow the wolfdog. He ignored the flash of teeth, somehow trusting that his friend would not bite him; he softened his posture as he approached, murmuring gently, It's alright, Ulf— come on, let me take you to the Garden. Alarian drew his tongue over one of Ulf's ears several times and nudged him gently, leading him away from the scene. He trusted Eris to handle the situation— he knew her fiery temper, the bite of her words, but right now he could only think that that bitch deserved it.
65 Posts
Ooc — Guillotina
Guillotina hoped that they could get to the bottom of this. It really was a mystery she was pretty invested in. Maybe it could be fixed. 

Guillotina's smile didn't do much to reassure Ulf. Then some other wolf who had missed her charming smile and curious question spoke up. Guillotina stared at her. This wolf was quite defensive over an honest question and guillotina smiled sweetly. This wolf must be threatened by Guillotina. Guillotina couldn't see any other reason she would try to be so rude.  Guillotina just wanted to know a simple thing.

"Actually, it was just a question. If you don't know what's wrong with it, ya can't fix it. If it's an ulcer there's stuff ya can do to it." She smiled again even though this crew didn't deserve such a charming face, or her helpful knowledge. "Now, if you could do me a favor and shut up so we can get to the bottom of this..." Guillotina flashed another pretty smile at the angry wolfgirls way. She stayed put next to Milton. It must be hard being as angry as that wolf was. Guillotina felt bad for her. Not everyone could be as pretty or as smart as Guillotina and she supposed some wolves dealt with their shortcomings by trying  to be really mean to others.

Guillotina was sure this angry wolf would have a boring reply ready but Ulf and his friend were already leaving.  She shrugged because if they didn't want to be helped it wasn't her fault. Some people just like being miserable,  Guillotina decided.  She liked Milton because he was always happy. Guillotina wished more people could be like Milton.
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Milton's pleas went unnoticed.

Truthfully, she had not been angry and she hadn't been raising her voice... but now, she was both.  I appreciate your concern, but we already have two medics in the Sanctuary who could take a look and it's obvious that he's self conscious about it.

She took a step towards Guillotina and raised her lip, tail arcing over her back.  She had never had to pull rank before, but she wasn't going to sit aside and be told to shut up by someone who had been here for all of five seconds, not after what they had been through to carve this pack out of the rough.  If you would do me a favor and get the fuck out of my face, you can stick around.  But you'd best take some lessons from someone about respect and personal boundaries or you can find somewhere else to screw up.

7/5
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
The other girl wolf was really mean and Milton didn’t like her. She didn’t want to listen to Tina when Tina knew how to maybe help Ulf with his eye problem. Milton knew that if you ignored problems then they only got worse. Milton didn’t want Ulf to have a worse eye problem so he kind of wiggled his butt a little bit and he looked at the mean girl wolf and frowned. He didn’t like her at all because she was being really aggressive and Milton thought he had moved into a sanctuary and not a scary pack. Milton thought this new wolf might need a new home because she was not a nice wolf and everyone else had been really nice to Milton.

“I don’t think you’re very nice. Tina was only wanting to help Ulf with his eye problem. If you ignore problems then they just get worse. Don’t you know that? Maybe you do and that’s why you got so mean. I’m sorry if you had bad problems but Tina was really just trying to help Ulf with his eye. Can there only be two medics? What if Tina wanted to be a medic too?” Milton was really worried that there could only be two kinds of people in the pack and if he wanted to be a fighter and there were already two fighters then what would he do? He was so scared that he could not be what he wanted to be and he really though this girl wolf was not nice and it made him sad because he thought the sanctuary was for everyone. Milton might have been wrong.  
65 Posts
Ooc — Guillotina
Guillotina glanced after the wolves that left. It was a shame they did not want help but she could not help people who didn't want to be helped. Her attention turned back to the wolf that had been rude to Guillotina when Guillotina had only asked a question.

Then the wolf did something that just made Guillotina blink slowly at her. She raised her tail and tried to pull rank. Guillotina thought only leaders could pull rank and that it was really rare in the Santuary so she was quite confused and she just blankly stared at this angry wolf. It occured to Guillotina she might know this wolf, maybe this wolf was mad at her for something else and that was why she was so snarky. Guillotina wracked her brain a bit and came up with the solution, this wolf was probably either angry that Guillotina was much prettier or she was one of those sad wolves that had a mate that had cheated on her with Guillotina. The more Guillotina thought about it the more certain she was that Eris might have been one of those bitter women that held onto resentment about pretty women because she hadn't been good enough to satisfy a mate and that was why their mate had wandering eyes. Guillotina couldn't help it she was more attractive and really Eris shouldn't take it personally that Guillotina came out of the womb fabulous.

Guillotina didn't even need to think of a comeback to defend herself. "Two medics and they cant fix an eye? It was just a question, calm down." She blinked some more and did not budge, because she knew that Eris was breaking the Sanctuary's rules about not being rude and also the rule that Bracken Sanctuary did not enforce any dominance. Guillotina had just asked a question after someone's eye but Eris had been rude and then disrespectful by asking about Guillotina's attitude. So she was very confused as she listened to Milton, who did a good job of defending her. Guillotina liked that in a friend and smiled sweetly at Milton for being a good friend.

Guillotina smiled to Milton and then sat down. She didn't understand Eris' need to assert herself over a question and since Bracken Sanctuary didn't enforce dominance displays and Eris wasn't a leader Guillotina was very confused. "Do I know you?" Guillotina looked at Eris and was sure she did. "Are you that chick that got mad because I slept with your boyfriend? Maybe he liked me better because I don't try to insult people over their attitudes.. So, about that respect and boundaries you mentioned.. I asked a simple question, you got hysterical about it. Why don't you take a walk and cool off and we can start again later." She smiled very sweetly after, and looked to Milton with appreciation. She really wished more wolves were like Milton.

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Blah, blah, blah, blah.... a lot of words for someone who was just told to shut up or have no place to live, and Eris was quite frankly being bombarded with words from the both of them.  She didn't fall for the white one's fake-sweet smiles, or give a response to the not-so-subtly bitchy comment that downtalked herself, Liri, and her brother.  Instead she raised her maw to the air and summoned @Alarian back to the scene before adorning a sickly-sweet smile of her own, wildfire eyes glinting with malice.

Sorry, dear.

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He came back and kicked them both out since they're inactive anyway. The end. Thanks for coming, guys.