Stone Circle and I don't have a darkness over all I break and all I'm in
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
@Valette / @Stark & Co. - foredated a few days
when the pack had stabilized, or as much as it could, the sterling girl had gone east. she'd murmured to Aditya her intent and been off the next morning, for Sunny had been right. she moved with a single intent and thus made Easthollow after only a day of hard travel, catching only a hare to fuel her here. the borders had loomed, familiar, even after all this time. 

and now she stood here, making an effort to smooth out the hunched line of her back, to clear her pelt of any debris and appear every inch the ambassador she had to be, now. she did not allow herself any reprieve before howling, low and summoning, for the wolves that lived on the stone circle. call made, she stiffened, waiting then to offer the news that still pierced her heart with every step across the plain.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Everything was going well with the pups. They were doing much better, and with 'they' Valette mostly meant Arlette. She was small but it seemed she was a fighter and was going to make it after all. Valette felt a bit bad that she didn't want to name her at first. She noticed that her young were already quite steady on their feet as they managed to take their first steps. Valette preferred to keep them underground when she wasn't able to watch them. Usually, when she did need to see to a matter it was Stark or one of her older children that would watch them

Valette heard the howl and felt something wrong in her gut. The female made some haste to reach the borders. The alpha female lifted her head when seeing a grey female. It took her a moment to identify her as Dawn. She was an adult now. Grown. Valette remembered the last time she had seen her. When Steady died. Valette glanced at the female with a guarded expression. "I see it isn't good news you are going to bring me, aren't you?," Valette spoke mournfully to the other female. She could tell by the saddened tones of the howl.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Valette arrived quickly, as if sensing something was off with the woman's howl. it didn't give her as much time as she needed to force herself into the image of a visiting diplomat, but it hardly mattered, she reflected dully. "no," she began, surveying the woman once.  "grayday is dead. an illness took him a week back."  to say that illness had took him sounded nicer, more detached, from what had really happened.

she'd didn't want to hear pity, but nor did she want to forge ahead in her message to her pack. she knew well that Valette's grief would to be strong, and thus she lapsed shortly into silence.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's face looked upset as Dawn admitted that she didn't come bearing good news. The alpha female took a deep sigh to prepare herself but when the info reached her ears Valette realized she wasn't prepared. Her face spoke mostly what she was feeling. Another wolf she knew well had moved on. "I hope he went without pain," she spoke eventually. "I want to say, I'm sorry, but I know that won't do anything for you," Valette spoke with a sigh. She knew loss all too well.

"Of course, Easthollow will alert for any help you might need at Morningside. Let me know if you or your pack needs our help," Valette spoke then. "I assume you take leadership of Morningside?," she questioned. Valette knew that Grayday was getting older and that he was losing some of his senses but it felt too soon. Valette would need some time to process this.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
valette didn't offer her pity, and all Dawn could do was dip her head in acknowledgement of what she said, not offering anything in return. words were empty when death was concerned, in her mind, and she knew that the dark leader knew very well the weight of grief. 

"thank you - hopefully, we won't have to take advantage of your kindness." she knew it was a real possibility, especially with three whelping mothers. it would be hard, especially with the loss of her brother, but she did not mention that. "myself, and my mate, take my father's place. pema continues to lead alongside us." 

she paused, once, before venturing on with her next question. "after my father's death, sunny was consumed by grief. he did things he shouldn't have, and I asked that he leave, for a while. have you seen him near your borders, by any chance?" it seemed reasonable that he'd come here, especially after living within the borders so long. she didn't have to state the obvious - even though her brother was an over-emotional idiot, she worried for him still.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at Dawn and then frowned. Of course, they wouldn't take advantage of their kindness. She was certain that Morningside would not take advantage of their kindness. Valette snorted in disbelieve and shook her head that she didn't believe it. She nodded. "As I expected," Valette nodded. She knew Pema and found her a very capable woman. Valette was certain their alliance wasn't in danger at all.

Valette slowly frowned when she heard about Sunny. "No... No, I don't think so. I was by the whelping den but my pack members would have told me if he was here," Valette spoke. "I hope he is okay," she added. She wondered what Sunny had done in his grief. She wanted to ask but then again she didn't want to pry.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
valette's response puzzled her slightly, but she only attributed it to some misunderstanding and did not press it further, dipping her head in the slightest. had there been any animosity between their packs, she would have pried into the woman's meaning, but merely catalogued it and moved on. she'd prefer not to take valette's offer, as kind as it was, but knew that her pride would only hold out until mother's started starving, should worst come to worst. 

at this she sighed, frown playing across her muzzle a moment. "so do I. he's hot-headed, emotional; and I worry he'll get himself into more trouble." she paused a moment before lapsing into silence, knowing it would be too much to ask that they alert her if he show up. that would be too much like him in their younger days, and no matter how childish he acted, he was an adult.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded at Dawn's answer. "We will keep an eye out for him, and of course, knowing he is troubled, not blame him too much for the problems he might cause," Valette spoke. The alpha female hoped that Sunny wouldn't do anything stupid. "I will let a scout ask for him at the other packs we have an alliance with," Valette offered. Perhaps that way they could locate Sunny quicker and could get him some help. The alpha female knew Sunny well so she would do what she could to help him.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she dipped her head, grateful toward the woman she'd once seen as a distant leader and packmate, and now, an equal and an ally. "thank you, valette." with words were firm in their sincerity, her gratitude for the woman's kindness obvious. perhaps she worried to much for the brother that had left his pack and his position in time of need, had snapped when she had need of him most. perhaps she was cruel, for ousting her brother so soon after their father's death, forcing him away from his packmates and his lover. 

she felt empty a moment, just like when the grief had burned her hollow. but it felt wrong to dump her news on the woman and leave, and so she continued, "how fares your pack?" she had not missed the scent of milk and warmth, and so, "you have pups?". the ghost of a smile traced the outline of her muzzle as she looked to the woman, half hoping for good news to return with.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped he head. "Anytime I can be of help," she spoke. They were allies and she knew Morningside would do the same for her if they were in need of anything, at least, she hoped. The female smiled when Dawn asked then how things were going. Overall things were getting along very nicely. "Yes, I have pups. Three. One boy and two girls," she spoke proudly. "With my mate Stark." The latter might be news to Morningside as well. She had sent Howl with the news but she wasn't sure if Dawn knew.

"And my older children are also still here," she smiled. "Overall we are pretty full in ranks, so I will have to deny others if we want to keep the balance. Not sure what your numbers are but I can send them to you if you need more packmates," she offered. Maybe Morningside was also full. What she could remember they had many visits from many members.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

even through the hurt, the huntress managed a smile, glad, at least, for the good health of their closest allies. "congratulations, valette." despite herself, she could not help the hint of envy at Easthollow's happy state. it was when she remembered that they too had undergone great loss not so long ago that the envy turned to hope; morningside would overcome, too.

at valette's offer, she dipped her muzzle in glad acceptance. "that would be kind of you - our numbers have fallen in the past month, and it would do us good to fill the holes in our ranks." she paused, once, suddenly tired. the prospect of ferrying the message to others still was a numb wad of dread in the back of her mind. "thank you, for your time and your kindness - I should return, though, if I want to be back by nightfall." regarding the woman once more, the ghost of a small smile lingering over her muzzle, she dipped her head once more and slipped by the woman, some of the weight on her shoulder lifted in the knowledge that she'd at least shared the knowledge she'd been dreading.