The Sunspire maybe we'll get lucky and maybe we'll both grow old
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
All Welcome 

death came for her before the sun had risen. 

he swept over the dew-laden grass and trailed across the sweeping fields at the foot of the sunspire.  he was so dark that he absorbed the moonlight.  where he went the wind stopped blowing, rabbits started and froze.

he scaled the sunspire and took great care to give its residents their space.  he kept a respectful distance from the children, pulled his dark tendrils from the alpha.

his hawkish golden orb was set upon one and one alone, his duty and no more.  he regarded her still sleeping body.  the scalloped edge of her ribs, the way her hips were limned with moonlight.  he cupped her already rigid form —

and she whispered, "wait,"

his long black fingers froze.  her voice was not desperate or wanting.

"i want to see one more sunrise."

so seabreeze sat side by side with death as the sun cast its purple hues over the mountain.  "i am not ready," she admits.  and although death does not discriminate, perhaps she truly wasn't.

she drew a ragged breath as her eyes shot open.  she was feverish, cold, dying.  weakly, she attempted to rouse @Olive, but she couldn't move that far.  instead she called for @Hyacinth, her voice pinched and frightened.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The sun wasn't even up when the frightened call came from Seabreeze, rousing her awake and instilling her with a sharp stabbing concern. She got up and hurried toward the nursing den, spotting the mother lying upon the ground. She hurried close and touched her nose to the woman's fur, gasping at the sickly heat that came from her in waves. "Lord help me. Stay awake, I'll be right back Darling. Don't go back to sleep" she said in a hushed  voice. Quickly she moved to Olive, the other mother she had met and nudged her firmly. "Seabreeze is seriously ill. I need to go for herbs and water. Lay curled around her the best you can, keep her warm and soothe her. Do not let her sleep" she gave the instructions the slowest she could afford and then bolted back to her den.

Once there she grabbed Oak and Borage leaves for the fever and a bushel of feverfew for the chills. She grabbed moss and ran to the closest puddle, soaking it and then racing back to Seabreeze's  side. She dropped the herbs and took the moss, dabbing Seabreeze's feverish forehead and face with the cool moss. "Do you have any idea how you got like this? Did you eat something bad? Have an untreated wound?" she questioned.
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth ran around grabbing the herbs and came back to do the healing. She succeeded in lowering the fever and stabilising Seabreeze. She gave Olive Advice to keep Seabreeze well and then hurried off feeling awkward as shit.
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10