Sunset Valley creatures of a brief season
calling things that don't have names
7 Posts
Ooc — Mary
All Welcome 

The druid trekked into the territory with a whisper at her back. She could hear them on the winds – the spirits – calling her to delve further. Seafret moved with grace for one so young. Each stride of her limber frame was met with a swagger of her shoulders and a bob of the delicately curled tail at her rear. The great seer listened well to their bidding; she had known it from birth.

Moving at a steady pace, the streamlined female delved into the slopes of the valley. The rise and falling of the terrain made for easy work, as the druid was well into her prime. The voices beckoned her deeper and she stopped where it appeared a large glacier had cut into the land. Seafret drew in the unfamiliar scents of the territory that she had found. Her ghostly argent gaze drifted over what was beyond the stretch of rolling fields and into the depths of the wilderness. She had arrived.
you're an angry blade & you're brave but you're all alone
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
tagging @Alarian so u can keep tabs on the doggo

He hadn't strayed from the Sanctuary since arriving. Everything he could want was there. Yet today he found himself pulled away in a search for something nice - something nice for Alarian. It was to be a token of appreciation for all the gold-kissed male had done for him.

The canine rattled his brain for what Alarain might like. Plants? He recalled the male saying he was good with them but Ulf didn't know which ones to pick. He weaved through the valley as his nose worked hard to pick up something worthwhile. No food so far and no fancy smelling flowers. His gut twisted at the thought of returning to the Sanctuary with nothing to show for his trip.

Ulf likely would have collided with the stranger had he not been sniffing about. She did not smell familiar although a look through his good eye told her she looked almost like family. Her colors were wrong but the curled tail was certainly familiar. Hallo? He called out softly in hopes he wouldn't startle her.

hurt hurt hurt me more
and i'll eat eat eat you whole
7 Posts
Ooc — Mary

A voice!

This one was corporeal, she could tell. Seafret turned to latch her ghostly argent gaze on the strong figure of a male husky who was approaching as swiftly as he felt was comfortable. The druid regarded him with open interest. Her gaze roamed his frame and watched the definition of his form as he moved; he had not starved in the wilds. She was greatly astounded that such a prime specimen would exist out in the world where domesticated creatures were wrought with torment.

“Hello, traveler,” she breathed in an elegant whisper. Extending herself, the druid sought to drink in his scent and was surprised to find that it was well mingled with that of a wolf pack. Seafret had never heard of such a thing. The territory – she knew – would bring her great profit, because the spirits had told her so. She found this to be a beautiful twist of events.
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
Well they were rather nice, weren't they? He didn't mind her gaze roaming over him - it wasn't the worst thing that had happened to him. Nor did she ask anything rude even when she had finished looking him over. Which meant she accepted him. It gave him a warm feeling.

No travel. He spoke and a chuckle soon followed his words. Live, The wolfdog turned his head to motion with his nose in the general direction of Bracken Sanctuary. there. His tail waved eagerly over his back at the thought of the Sanctuary.

Who you? Ulf asked with a friendly grin. Perhaps he shouldn't be talking to strangers away from home - away from the guard of his wolf companions - but this one seemed nice enough.

hurt hurt hurt me more
7 Posts
Ooc — Mary

The male spoke in a voice that was thick with accent. The druid did not recognize where it hailed from, but she did not mind that he was from another terrain. All walks of life were welcome in her fold. After all, they all became the same spirits when they passed, so it mattered very little what their corporeal form had been. Seafret did think he was a fine specimen for being a canine trapped in the world of wild wolves and creatures of the wood. He was pleasant and kindly to her; the witch embraced his smile with one of her own, and her curled tail wavered lightly from side to side.

“You live here? How wonderful,” she remarked with a lilting laugh at the tail end of her voice. It was peculiar that a dog would find refuge in a pack of wolves, but she was not one to judge how others were to live their lives. “I am called Seafret. What is your name, good canine?” the sweet druid inquired to him with a cant of her skull and a beautiful smile that radiated on her features.
I was born on the night of Samhain,
when the barrier between the worlds is whisper-thin and when magic,
old magic, sings its heady and sweet song to anyone who cares to hear it
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
It was easy for Ulf to decide she was rather sweet and that he liked her. Warm colors faintly reminded him of Alarian but in a way, she was nothing like the male. Alarian's kindness was soft whereas this stranger had a more bold kindness. Her words were almost a bit too fancy for Ulf but he managed to keep up.

Wonderful. He murmured the word back with a faint smile. Living at the Sanctuary was indeed wonderful. Most of the time.

His ears pushed forward at her introduction. Quickly he placed her name by her face in his memory. Yes, she would be hard for him to forget. Ulf. He finally introduced himself. A small sheepish smile crossed his features. Was it common to feel awkward when meeting new creatures?

Instead of focusing on his own internal question, he posed a question for Seafret. Where go? The wolfdog's head gave a slight tilt. Perhaps he could convince her to visit the place where he stayed. If they had welcomed him, surely she would be welcomed too.

hurt hurt hurt me more