Permafrost Hollows i am a man of many hats
you're an angry blade & you're brave but you're all alone
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
Ulf's ears raised ever so slightly, listening carefully and not pulling away from the touch. His brows furrowed softly. If allowed, he'd lean his muzzle into Alarian's cheek. No, no. He spoke in hushed tones. Alarian not idiot. It was a word he was plenty familiar with. His father and brother's had used it plenty of times (not to mention everyone else as well). If there was one thing Ulf knew it was that Alarian did not fit such a word.

It was only now that he fully realized the coldness that was biting at his stomach as it soaked through his fur. Tentatively he stood up a bit higher but not daring to reach his full height. The droplets falling from his underside back into the small pool of water.

Cold. He spoke the single word softly. He hadn't meant to change topics but the thought of the coldness was at the front of his mind now.

hurt hurt hurt me more
and i'll eat eat eat you whole
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
minor pp, let me know if I should change it !
Even now, Ulf had nothing but kindness for him; Alarian swallowed hard, automatically leaning into the wolfdog's touch. Perhaps it was selfish to seek comfort, when he should have been the one comforting his friend. He did it anyway. When Ulf rose, Alarian quickly noticed his underside was wet— the guilt intensified.
I'm sorry, He said again, rising as well and moving to press his flank against the wolfdog's. We'll go home.
Alarian gestured with his nose towards the tunnel, then moved towards it— he was careful not to stray ahead of Ulf, though.

He only found his voice again when they had left the icy tunnel. Are you— are you okay? Are we okay? I'm sorry if it seemed like I was... implying anything. I just— A short, nervous laugh escaped him. I get nervous, around cute guys, and that caught me off-guard. It was as honest as he could get without sounding too weird, at least.
you're an angry blade & you're brave but you're all alone
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
He followed Alarian out of the tunnel without a protest. His side still cold even when they exited. It would likely take some time for his underside to dry off and warm up again.

His icy eyes looked to the Governor as he spoke. Masked head bobbed slightly. We good. Because Ulf could not expect this friendship to be without its ups and downs. It was a ridiculous thought even if he wished it to be true. At the mention of cute guys, Ulf smiled gently almost shyly. The wolfdog was still amazed that Alarian was full of so much niceness.

Beautiful. He whispered softly, recalling the words the gold-kissed male had said when they spoke of Ulf's eye. It was a word he had held onto fondly and it only seemed right to use it now.

Ulf wanted to press his head under Alarian's head but momentarily refrained from doing so. Won't go under Alarian. Not after seeing the cluster of emotions and words that had formed after doing so. He would avoid doing so for now until he figured out a better way to offer comfort.

hurt hurt hurt me more
and i'll eat eat eat you whole