Broken Boulder although i never mastered anything
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
This time, he actually was patrolling the borders. With the Sanctuary at capacity, he was admittedly a little on edge; Runion was still out there, and a large pack was sure to attract some attention. If his brother came investigating (surely he would need a pack, too, aside from looking for his littermates?), Alarian knew someone was bound to get hurt.
And, if he was honest, it gave him some sense of control over the situation. Right now he was pretty sure he had zero control. The Sanctuary was incredibly laid back, and as a small pack that had never been an issue. Now, he wondered if he should be harsher. Would anyone even take him seriously? He wasn't even sure how far he'd go to be taken seriously.
He didn't really want to think about it.
So he paced lazily along the borders, finding himself less bothered by what seemed to be a permanent limp now. Alarian was still fairly self-conscious about it, but physically he hardly noticed it anymore. Well, aside from the fact that he was slower than pond water now.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele was trotting to his hunting grounds, it was just beyond the borders and it was full of life he could hunt. As he was walking toward the line he noticed Alarian out of the corner of his eye. Though he knew Alarian could patrol by himself he decided that he would offer himself to help since the only thing he was going to do was try to fill the caches. 

Steele made his way to Alarian, as he got a little closer he barked softly in greeting. “Alarian” He said as he gave a slight wag of his tail and stopped just a few feet away. Steele did notice he was moving a little slower than a wolf should but he put it off as it was a choice. “I’m free if you would like some company.” Steele gave a slight nod and a warm smile, he hadn’t yet got to know Alarian other than he was accepted into the pack.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
His patrol was interrupted— again. This time, it was a far more welcome interruption; Steele, the wolf Lily had brought from the coast. Tail wagging, Alarian chuffed a greeting as the male approached. He was a formidably built wolf, Ali noticed— tall, dark, with striking silver throughout his coat. Of course, Alarian was far more taken with his eyes. He was a sucker for pretty eyes.
Hey, Alarian offered a gentle smile. I'd love some company. How are you settling in? He gestured for Steele to follow him, easily falling into step beside the male.
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele nodded as he started his gait beside the General. “I’m settling in well, getting to know the land and all it offers” he said as he sniffed the air. This far he hasn’t patrolled much, but he knew what to look for as he had seen a couple wolves do it before. “How have you been lately?” Steele was concerned that with the news he brought in with him that Alarian would be a bit overwhelmed. He couldn’t tell as he isn’t good with emotions but he didn’t want to pry if Alarian didn’t want to share either. Steele gazed to the side at Alarian waiting for his reply as they patrolled together.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He was pleased that the male seemed nice enough; the pack needed more of that, honestly. It was weird— Lennon's vision for the place had been... different from Alarian's, and ultimately not what it had become at all. Were Lennon running the show, perhaps things would be a bit more organized. Perhaps everyone would be happier.
Odd thoughts to have now, of all times. Alarian cast them away in favor of the conversation. I'm glad to hear it; we're a bit more secluded out here than some packs, but the land is beautiful, and we do have neighbors. Morningside, southwest of here, if you're curious, At Steele's question, he paused. It didn't seem very... professional (was he trying to do that now? oh god) to confess his hardships to one of the pack's newest members, though Alarian's life seemed nothing but hardship as of late. I'm doing well, thank you; things have been a bit busy here lately, but it's nice to see the pack thriving. Have you met many of the members yet?
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele listened to Alarian as he spoke about the land and the neighbors, which he knew nothing about. “I wasn’t aware we had neighbors, but it is a beautiful land I agree with you. How is Morningside? Are they a nice place as well?” He had hoped all his questions were not too much. It was nice to talk to someone and patrol the borders. Usually his morning routine consisted of hunting and roaming around but this was a nice change. 

I’m glad your doing well. I have met a few of the pack members, not all of them just yet.” He smiled, he had met Alarian, Eris, Ulf, and Lily. He knew there were more pack members to get to know and slowly he would but for now he is content with who he’s met so far.