Deepwood Weald I'll unwrap my fingers, free my foot and run away
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Ceara began to walk at an amble, making sure her pace was metered so Cassiopeia would not feel like a burden, nor would she be left behind.  Moonspear... she said, her brow furrowed, Do you know anything about a war?  I heard they were supposed to be invovled, but.. they never showed.

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

they began to move, and Ceara muttered as they went. the question caught her slightly off guard; the war seemed to far and removed.  "figures. I was on my own, then - I don't know too much."  a half-truth; she knew just what Vaati had done, or at least part of it.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Uhhhhhhhhawkward.  Cassiopeia's short response was enough to make her feel like an idiot.  She sucked in a breath through her teeth.  How far away is the Sunspire from here? she settled on instead, hoping that she could fill the silence because to lapse might be too awkward and painful to bear.

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
erk. she knew very well her response was terribly dull, and something had her unwilling to make this awkward, unwilling to somehow let down the sun-kissed woman with terrible conversation. but she wanted even less to speak of the war and the event preceding it, and so she allowed the break to occur. "a couple days journey - I had to get away for a bit. didn't mean to get this far, really, but-" a shrug, a brief flash of panic. patricide, kin-slayer; the more time passed, the more deeply she sunk into the reality of what she'd done. best not think of it, best not dwell on it, and yet - "where is your pack, exactly?"

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Redhawks.  We're located southwest.  They must have just moved, um, we live on a plateau.  She shrugged.  I didn't mean to travel so far either, but... you know.  It is what it is.  I'm glad I did, otherwise I wouldn't have found you.

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

more alarm bells flashed, and she swallowed thickly. "does a man named Elwood live there?" maybe he'd died in the meantime. gods, she was terrible. still, another obstacle, another variable, and yet she couldn't turn back. maybe he'd forgotten. or had a change of heart. 

"I'm glad too." she wasn't sure why she said it, exactly, it was more than just an empty echo of what the woman had said. "I mean, not glad for falling in a hole. but you're-" you're what, exactly? nice? in possession of a nice face? what did the woman mean by that, anyway? damn.

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

You know, I'm not sure.  There are like, a ton of us.  More than I can count.  Kind of like it had been back home.  Sounds familiar, though.  Haven't met him though... so you probably don't have to worry too much.  Unless it's a good thing.. then.. I dunno.  Probably gotta go looking for him.

She quirked a smile at Cassiopeia's response.  I'm?  She gave a short laugh, brow raised as she awaited an answer.

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

"I won't" she mumbled, ears flicking nervously before she could help it. without screech to help her flee, she'd probably be less than in one piece should Elwood decide to feel threatened again. screech, who apparently was "conked out". 

her canine caught on her lower lip when the girl teasingly prompted her ton continue, and, having no experience with this type of thing (whatever it was, exactly - compliment giving) offered only, lamely "pretty...great?" green gaze flashing as she offered a sideways glance, she continued on her quest for lamest compliment.  "helping me out of that hole was...great." 

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

A more genuine laugh filled the air between them as the rain began to slow, then stopped entirely.  You're pretty... great, too, she teased, and under better circumstances she might have knocked her hip against the other girl.  Instead she just winked.  I couldn't just leave you there.  I'm like.. I don't know, morally inclined to not do that, haha.

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

it was to her great relief that the clouds seemed to dry up, or at least move on, and the rain trickling down her pelt was no longer constantly replaced. the girl laughed again, and this time it was genuine - at least she hadn't failed entirely in her compliment giving. 

it felt odd, to be normal. after what she'd done, maybe she didn't deserve it. she probably had been morally inclined to let her father go, but whatever had happened, she hadn't thought about anything but the rage. she grinned, forcing the thought back, deep away. "I don't know - I mean, all I did was fall into a hole and get stuck." at the latter, she probed, "what were you doing there, anyway? this is the shittiest forest I've seen." it was alright, really - just eerily, annoyingly, similar all around.

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Yeah but.. if you wouldn't have fallen into that hole and gotten stuck, maybe I would've gotten lost forever and like, died.  This forest really does seem like it could just..  she made a little noise with her mouth.  Suck you up and kill you.

She shrugged.  This is the shittiest forest like, ever.  I don't know, I was just.. mapping out some territory.  Some scout I am, huh?

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

"it tried," she offered gloomily, peering back once the way she'd come. the girl's words weren't exactly encouraging, though, and she wondered briefly if it still might. 

the woman continued, obviously more comfortable around her now; though the svartell supposed it was easy to feel comfortable around an invalid; all Ceara had to do was run away and leave her to hoddle around the wood till she leaned over and died. the thought made her distinctly uncomfortable, and she continued, "I don't know - you must be pretty good, if you haven't gotten lost yet." she hoped.

683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She shrugged again.  I guess, but it might be a miracle if we make it out without too much trouble.  She hoped she was wrong.  The thought was unsettling that they both might fall upon misfortune and just.. just die, and she hoped sincerely that they were able to make it out alright.

So, what's up with this El-Wood guy?