Jade Fern Grove and keeping everything down to a minimum
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
after offering valette the news, she'd headed north from the packlands. the sky above was a looming grey, and now and again distant whispers of the storm to come rumbled their warning. it was still a little while off, but Dawn knew that she had little time to find a meal before prey would seemingly vanish from sight as the storm rolled in. thoughtful a moment, and after deciding that she no longer wished to be alone with her thoughts and that a hunting partner would only improve her chances, she let out a summoning cry for another to join her in the hunt. 

of what, she did not know, but the glade she found herself in was promising. ferns in dozens of subtle green shades blanketed the ground, and the trees were spaced widely enough that a chase after some ground animal would not be too difficult. there was dried rabbit scat near where she stood, and she brushed her muzzle over it without expecting to find a trail fresh enough to follow, and finding none. but where there was one, there was surely more, and so the sterling huntress waited for the hopeful arrival of another.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Kegana hadn't taken much to time to wander far from home since the birth of the pups, her obsessive, overprotective nature making it difficult for her to venture very far. She still felt new to the territory, to the pack, but she had been working hard to help keep everything in tip top shape. 

Her hunters heart had lead her to inspect the caches, and Stark had been doing a good job making sure that the stores nearest the alpha den were stocked full, there storage around the rest of the territory was starting to wear thin. 

Not wanting to disturb anyone, she had ventured past the borders to see if she might find prey outside the confines of their territory. What she hadn't been expecting was the brief howl that broke through the rumbling of the sky. Ears twitching the pale tanned and grey woman made her way toward the sound. It wasn't a packmate, but she was curious. Who else might be hunting on such a gloomy day.

Ocean blue eyes caught sight of the silver woman, just as her scent became known. Sending a chuff in her direction, Kegana approached slowly. "Greetings."
If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die.
mongolian (hover text), common
pawprints 
~~ Hunter 4/5 ~~ Mercenary 2/5 ~~
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

her call did not go long unanswered, and a pale woman made her approach, her words tinted with some accent she could not immediately decipher. she chuffed her own greeting, rising onto her paws as she drew in the woman's scent. easthollow, then, though a member she'd never met. "if we're lucky, we'll be able to catch something before the storm drives the prey away." she didn't bother asking if the woman was interested in hunting, for surely if she wasn't, she wouldn't have come. 

she did not neglect to introduce herself, doing so a moment after silence fell.  "dawn morningside" her head cocked a moment as if waiting for a similar identifier to attach to the easthollow woman, though another rumble of thunder had her eager to begin their search.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Kegana being the princess of few words nodded at the fact that the storm would scare much of their prey away. It was best to move quick. She caught sight of hare trackes in the mud from the rain in the last few days, when Dawn introduced herself. Looking back from her investigation of the imprint. "Kegana Tsenkher." 

Kegana was vaguley aware of the treaties that Easthollow had, but they had never really been a huge topic of discussion. But the name Morningside was a reminder of the fact, and the mongol tilted her head. She wouldn't ask now however, as they were short on time with the storm brewing overhead. "Have you picked up a fresh scent?" Her investigation of the trackes earlier showed that they were old, at least a few days. Not to mention hares were a little small for two wolves to be hunting.
pawprints 
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
her name was given, and the woman - Kegana - seemed to investigate something. interest had her auds flick forward, wondering if she'd caught a trail she'd missed. the woman's next question, however, killed that hope fairly quickly. "nothing yet. if we split up, we'd be able to find something faster - howl for the other, and make the kill." it seemed the best plan they could utilize, and providing the woman had no other ideas and subsequently agreed, Dawn would gesture vaguely northward and begin her search for something fresh.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The mongol nodded, it seemed like the best plan, considering their prey was bound to be hiding and skitish. Dawn headed off in a somewhat northern direction, looking around Kegana headed in a somewhat southern direction. 

The trees were no longer a distraction for the woman, and she was able to keep her focus on the trail ahead. As she wandered she found the tracks of a moose as she walked, and she took a moment to sniff them before she shook her head. She could see them taking down a deer, maybe an elk, but a moose? They were not to be trifled with. 

The mongolian woman continued on her way, looking for any prey that might work better for the pair of hunting females.

i figure we have plenty of time to find a few duds lol 6/100
pawprints 
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Dawn worked her way northward, gaze flashing towards every flicker of motion, every colour that seemed at odds with the virid landscape. once or twice she spotted fresh droppings, but not of prey that she could easily take down with the other woman. once, a rabbit - she'd perked, peering intently ahead and preparing to let loose a summoning call, low and easily ignored (hopefully) when the hare had been startled by the low flight of a balckbird and vanished into it's burrow. a snap at the retreating form of the bird, one dark mood, and many moments later, she'd yet to turn up anything else.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The mongol quirked her ear, she thought she heard something in the opposite direction. She couldn't be sure, and she didn't hear it any longer. Perhaps it had been a fluke. It made Kegana think that they didn't want to be to far away, no use in tiring themselves out before the actual hunt could happen. She veered a little to begin a large circle back toward the woman, so that Kegana could be parallel to the other womans trail. 

The sky rumbled its discontent, but they had yet to see any lightening. She wondered if any would strike, she had never hunted in a storm before. But she could feel the rain seeping into her undercoat, and tickled her skin as it landed and trickled down her tender flesh. 

Kegana kept her eyes peeled, searching for any sign of life that could give them sustenance. Stopping she caught sight of a patch of fluff stuck to a low hanging branch. Her nose twitched as the scented to fur. A hare. She looked around for more clues as to where it might have gone.
pawprints 
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Dawn had the same idea after a longer period of time, looping back towards the woman when the sky began to break. at first it was little more than droplets, here and there, and then the intrusive raindrops seemed to reach down into her thick mantle of fur as best they could. 

the brunt of the storm could not be too far off, now, and she increased the speed and intensity of her search as her stomach knotted and growled its discontent.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
sry for the wait!

The electricity in the air promised a turn for the worst. Kegana could feel itch of the hunt stretching her nerves. Her efforts becoming more and more frantic, her nose twitching and her breath coming in a harsher tone. Kegana was sure that she would encounter Dawn sooner or later on her chosen path, and could only imagine if the reconviened without having caught anything at all. Kegana could feel their luck waning as time stretched without a signal from the other woman. 

Kegana wasn't ready to give up yet, and kept up the search. Pausing in her travel to examine the tracks of a hare, she had seen several signs of the creatures but none were recent enough to be relevant. But these tracks were different. They were very recent. The mongol looked around, searching for more tracks.

Keg hadn't heard anything from Dawn for some time and figured she was having a similar time of their hunt. Letting out a low call for the other woman, calling her to the fresh track. Where there is one rabbit their were usually many more.
pawprints 
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she honed in on the sound quickly, readjusting her path in the slightest as, finally, a trail made itself known. they must be close, and the huntress could hear the barest whisper of undergrowth as she neared. 

then she was moving, lunging for the brown fur that had suddenly appeared between swaying grass blades. jaws snapped, a scream, and the sterling girl skidded through the dirt. another hare took off where it had been foraging nearby, startled into changing its direction by a flash as light; coincidentally, veering off toward the mongol.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Her ears flicked at the sound of Dawn approaching quickly, turning her head she heard the scramble and the snapping of a solid jaw. The brief scent of blood permeated the air, just as a quick a brown ball of fur came running toward her. Startled by the sight of another wolf the poor creature tried to avoid Kegana by darting in a different direction. 

As Kegana was already primed and ready to go she was quick to act. Throwing herself full tilt in chase of the creature. It tired to zig zag through the bushes, but Keg was right on its tail. Only a burrow could save the creature now. Sadly for the rabbit there were none in seen, its poor luck continued as the creatures foot got stuck in a root causing it to stumble. The mistake proved to be fatal, as Kegana reached toward and and pushed the rabbit to the ground, before sinking her teeth into the rabbits neck.
pawprints 
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

the sharp scream and brief signs of scuffle made it clear what had happened, unseen, through the greenery. the huntress pulled her own catch near to her, panting, gaze travelling briefly to the earth and dirt stuck in her fur before realizing the rain would likely wash it away fairly quickly. as if in answer to her thoughts, the skies rumbled, and the soft spitting became a bit more forceful; above them, pressure built rapidly and surely would break soon. 

she picked her way through the undergrowth in search of the mongol, pausing when she came into view. grin stretched across her muzzle, briefly, and she dropped her own catch at her paws. her breath came quickly, and she paused a moment in her intent to congratulate the woman as she attempted to force the air back into her lungs.
Тал нутгийн хатан хаан
88 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The hunt had ended just in time, as the sky's opened above and rain was quickly upon them. The boom of the thunder roared in her ears, but the adrenaline filed blood rushed louder. Her breath came in harsh puffs, as she tried to get air into her lungs through the rabbit in her maws. Kegana could tast the blood on her tongue, and it hung in the air near her nose. After the chase she had fallen into a prone position, the rabbit held firmly in her jaws and between her two front legs. Her tail swished happily behind her. 

The approach of the other hunter brought out a grin that Kegana had been holding in. Seeing the woman smile just as broadly as her Kegana allowed a comfortable silence to fall. Both women were out of breath, their was no rush to speak.
pawprints 
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

the skies broke, and Dawn pushed the muzzle up towards the rolling grey of the sky, as gradually the rain sluiced the earth from her pelt. she peered back down at the other woman, tail whisking behind her as her prey lay clamped between her paws. she was not yet ready to find cover from the rain, and remained relatively exposed as the delightful coolness of it seeped through her fur.

"how long have you been a part of Easthollow?" normal, she was not one for idle talk, but contentness coupled with the success of her hunt had her unwilling to move on just yet. and so they spoke for a time, idly, until the storm forced them to part.