Broken Boulder when i am ten feet tall
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Ulf
set tonight during a (possibly fabricated) storm!
The rain started sudden and heavy. It had been a bit wet lately, Alarian had noticed, but this was heavier. He was collecting herbs when the first droplets fell; he had been slow to react, dismissing it as another minutes-long drizzle. It was not. Before long, the Governor was soaked— and not at all happy about it.
Shivering, he gathered up the chervil he had been collecting, roots and all, and set off for his den. The cold ached, and for some reason it made his leg ache; his pace was decidedly slower than usual. Perhaps some deep part of the wound had not healed yet— or perhaps he had not rested it long enough, and had done some irreversible damage.
Either way, it was annoying.
you're an angry blade & you're brave but you're all alone
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
As the droplets became fat and heavy, Ulf actually did seek out shelter. It was rare for him to want to hide from the elements but he figured if the storm didn't stop soon then it would soak him to his core.

Ulf knew there were dens somewhere, he just had to remember where. Hopefully there would be a small empty place for him to seek shelter. His eyes squinted as he made out a familiar form through all the rain. It seemed the duo had both got stuck in the rain.

A low wuff escaped him as he tried to catch up with Alarian.

hurt hurt hurt me more
and i'll eat eat eat you whole
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
A strange melancholy gripped him as the cold set into his bones. He slowed even further, pace almost sluggish. Just as he had almost reached his den, a familiar sound reached his ears— Ulf. Startled, he turned, dropping the herbs he was carrying. Oh— shit, He bent to pick them up.
Sorry, Alarian's voice was muffled as he lifted his head again, mouth full of plant. He gestured in the direction of his den. Come to my den?
He assumed the answer would be yes, and turned to lead the wolfdog there. Part of him dreaded Ulf being in his den— his herbs were sorted rather carefully, but they weren't necessarily... consolidated. It would be easy to disturb them. But there was rain, and Ulf was cute— admittedly, that was a big factor for Alarian in deciding whether or not he'd be mad at someone. Oops.
you're an angry blade & you're brave but you're all alone
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
Ulf did not protest at the offer. He silently followed the gold-kissed male to the sight of his den. The wolfdog had never been there before. Truthfully, he avoided all dens so he could only hope it wouldn't be taken personally when he settled half in the den and half out.

With his front end out of the den, he could watch the stormy world. It was with an almost protective gaze that his good eye glanced over everything. While Ulf was by no means aggressive he could fit the guard dog position rather well.

Of course, eventually, his icy gaze wandered back to Alarian with fondness.

hurt hurt hurt me more
and i'll eat eat eat you whole