Stavanger Bay Pour me some moonshine
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
All Welcome 
on the border!

Colt hadn't been willing to let @Fire go alone, especially after hearing about what might be waiting as far as a welcome party, so he'd seized the chance for a little fresh air. They followed the coast, her splitting off for a time along the way, but converging later to continue, and eventually ended up on the edge of a scent line. The russet woman had said the first one they met would be it, so he assumed that was the case.

"You wanna do the honors, or should I?" He asked, lifting a brow and looking sideways at his sister with a small smile. He assumed she would, and even while he did this, his ears twisted on his head, alert for any response.
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Sorry for the wait, y'all.  <3  Paging @Smokestep please, but also @Raptor and @Tetsubo for visibility... eyes emoji

She was glad that at least someone wanted to go with her.  God forbid anything happen and she just died out in the wilderness all alone.  She wasn't sure what the Redhawk policy on that was.  Did they send out more scouts?  Something to ask later.

As they arrived at the coast, Colt regarded her and she grinned.  I'd like to, if you don't mind, because this was her first ~official~ scout trip (eee!) and she was ridiculously excited.  She tipped her nose back to the air and called for the Captian that Rosalyn had described.

100 Posts
Ooc — JB

There had been no sign of the first mate in a few days, not that he was keeping tabs exactly. It meant that he would double-down on patrols and be much more ferocious when confronted with potential threats to the bay, such as the oncoming pair of wolves. He'd spotted them while investigating a pile of kelp that had become netted with a strange blue mesh; Tetsubo was not knowledgable about plant life, and could not discern the difference between a discarded fishing net and an herb, and a brief investigation merely told him it was of the sea. His attention diverted when he caught movement in his periphery — and, like before, he charged along the beachfront towards the interlopers before they cast forth their summons.

It was the call that stayed his hand, so to speak. Tetsubo's charge concluded with a skid across the sand, the clatter of his claws upon packed stone, and an alert glare from his otherwise sullen, savage gaze. They'd called for the boy king specifically, which was different from the other strangers that had come upon the claim. He watched them, the wind blustering across the seaside and whipping his darkly tipped guard hairs; his approach was slower after that, deliberate, as if it took excessive concentration not to complete his journey with the same intensity as before — certainly it took effort not to reach for their nearby faces once he came close enough to do so.

He stood there for a moment in silence, and then in his monotonous drawl he demanded, Speak.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Someone appeared just before she called, apparently, but it wasn't until she lifted her head that Colt looked aside to notice.  When he did, his guard hairs stood on end... because the male was barreling forward.  His had to be the one they were to watch for, right? Fuck they made them big here.

He thought maybe they'd been led astray, but when he heard the call, he seemed to slow.  Colt took a small step forward, still on edge, but it seemed they might get a conversation at least.  

"This is it?" He said quietly, but his tone was sarcastic.  If a fight came, he was definitely outweighed, but the fact that there was two of them might help.

He kept his mouth shut once Tetsubo arrived, though, figuring the ambassador in training should handle the talking part.  Especially because this one didn't exactly look his brand of friendly.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Ceara did not notice the stranger until Colt did, and when she saw him her eyes widened.  He was huge compared to her, with a heavy and imposing gait, and he was coming straight for them.  She situated herself appropriately as the male slowed, hoping to appear as put together as she could.

Her wildfire pelt was dampened as the breeze crashed in from the seaside, and although she was cold she steeled herself against it.  She wanted to look professional in front of this very large and admittedly kind of intimidating man.

We come from the Redhawk clan, located southwest from here.  We are looking for a Smokestep located in Ironsea, and are here to deliver a message from Rosalyn. 

100 Posts
Ooc — JB

It was rare enough to find beings willing to come so close to the bay - but these two did not cower before him, and that earned them some points. Although he was ready and willing to take them out if they showed the slightest offense, Tetsubo had learned since his arrival that he could not merely remove those that crossed near the territory. It helped his case that the first mate was missing in action — although less so once the strangers began to speak, and mentioned not only his master, but the missing crew-woman.

He was silent following their statement; perhaps he was mulling over the possibilities, looking for lies, hoping he had the opportunity still to devour and reign carnage upon them — but he took one look at the man, then a quick once-over of the woman, and seemed almost bored with the situation. The gargoyle breathed deeply and found their scent was not salty like the ocean (more so than he would expect from travellers, anyways) but it was layered with many other scents, primarily other wolves. He wondered if this was merely a trick to gain access to the bay. 

Then again, if it was, Tetsubo would gladly welcome the opportunity to prove his worth to his master. He was eager for the taste of blood upon his tongue, or the feeling of bones crunching to the power of his jaws — he exhaled, seemingly irritated, but then said: I will take one of you to him. The other must stay behind.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
PM me and i can delete if need be <3

they had spoken of storms, last time erzulie had seen the calm beauty who helped to lead ironsea. and the harlot had come to fear it was the brash of aforementioned winds that had taken rosalyn. into the surf she waded, and in her swimming forays she explored possible new routes out of the claimed land. patience had found its end in her chai-tea breast.
when the summons arose, the woman was gathering the loosely wrapped sachets of various dried botany into a wide leaf, preparing to depart irrespective of what law dictated. she was no deserter, but neither would she continue to allow such a large expanse of time its passing. and despite the fact that the call was directed toward smokestep, the cinnamon-flecked creature descended her balustrade and struck out across the sands for the border.
the impassive tower of a packmate had already greeted the pair, a fierce thing with a carefully controlled agility to each movement. erzulie however did not pause; she stepped confidently to his side, turning the cool mintgold of her eyes upon the two strangers. a hale, handsome fellow with a stare the burnished glint of idols, a lovely flame of a she-wolf alongside him, some small wreathing of a sweet and curious scent upon her.
erzulie had only caught the last word, but it was the only one that mattered — rosalyn. so she was alive. a small smile of relief curled her lips, swiftly turning honeyed as the wanton glanced upward at her sable-tipped companion. "pretty messengahs," she observed dryly, settling her eyes on the redhawk wolves once more. they lingered deliberately on the fire-touched delicacy of the female, erzulie silent as the great creature alongside her spoke.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Another came as Fire spoke, this one fairer by a good deal, Colt couldn't help but notice.  Never one to be shy about it, he admired her a moment blatantly, but his expression grew tense again when Tetsubo spoke.  No, unacceptable.

"Or we can wait here for him," he said casually, but there was an edge to it.  There was no way they were going to drag Fire in there without him... this was her job, yeah, but why did they need to enter?  He moved protectively closer to his sister's side... he couldn't stop her if she argued, Blackthorn women especially were a stubborn lot.  But he could discourage it, and this was exactly what the look he shot her did.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

No, she had started to assert, but quickly Colt had stepped in to help her out.  "Good," she thought, "at least I have backup."  She did not like the way the brutish male held himself, nor did she like the way the woman's gaze lingered upon her fur.

I'm sorry, but we won't be separated.  You can bring him to us; we're no threat.  Two wolves against an entire pack don't sound like good odds to me, if we even were here to cause trouble.  Her words were both even and assertive as she steeled herself next to Colt.

If her demands were met with hostility, she'd have no choice to go in, and her silver gaze met her brother's wildfire eyes as she wondered if this had been a mistake.

100 Posts
Ooc — JB
Leaving it up to you re: who he herds off.

Resistance was futile. As soon as they began to protest, the beast rumbled a low warning. He would not take no for an answer, and it was clear by the way he suddenly pushed off the sand and forced himself too close; he did not grab at either of them, but the sharp manner of his involvement could've been misconstrued as an assault regardless. He placed himself close and then swerved according to their reactions, forcing one of the opposing bodies towards the claimed lands while dissuading the other.

After this momentary violence passed, he regarded the two of them cooly, and then glanced to the woman Erzulie — I will take one to the Cairn, and in his glare he wordlessly assured that the other messenger would stay with the witch-woman.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie felt the eyes of the man upon her; the handsome and watchful countenance was given a single glance before the harlot turned back toward the flame-slyph who had raised an argument. the savage creature at his side thrust himself across the sands toward the pair; she watched with some vicious little satisfaction rearing in her gaze.
and when the guardian had whisked one of the hapless redhawks away, erzulie set her stare heavy upon the other, silent for a long moment before her lips curved into an inviting bow. "i be erzulie," the chai-tea wolfess greeted, not expecting a response.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

She bristled, wheeled and snarled in response, but her ineffective maneuvering had caused her to stray from Colt's side and further inland.  Her lip remained raised, the landscape of her wildfire body on edge as she wordlessly tipped her muzzle in the air, an expectant and wary glint in her silver eyes.  Lead.

Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt watched unhappily as the larger male separated them anyway, and he tended, almost willing to come to blows.  Reckless was in his nature, but this was a lost cause... and likely would not only bring him down, but Fire too.  This wasn't their land.

"Call and I'll come," he said, then watched her go before turning to Erzulie.  If there was a single sound of distress, she could try and stop him, but he doubted she would succeed.

"Your stray is lucky our alpha is kinder than me, and my sister too."  Because if it were up to Colt, he'd have told them to fuck themselves and left them messageless.  Family was first, always.  Even angry as he was, he couldn't deny his campany's beauty... but it was spoiled by the stress of waiting for Ceara to return.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"words all fine an' good, bèl nonm," erzulie rejoined in honeyed tones, her mismatched eyes trained brazenly upon the redhawk, "but dat stray be ten times yo' strengt'." whether or not it was true was of no account to the harlot; if she was to play babysitter to the striking redhawk while the bushido was away, so be it. may she also find diversion.
presently, erzulie extended herself into a bow with a small sigh, curving her spine until her eyes half-lidded with the physical pleasantry of it. the courier went observed but unaddressed; she had no interest in bandying heavy-handed threats with him.
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Paging @Erzulie, @Smokestep, and @Tetsubō because I'm just gonna... close this bad boy up.  If you want this unarchived, feel free!

She followed Ironsea's guard dog and met the wild corsair that led the band of pirates.  After she'd passed on @Rosalyn's message, she was quick to meet up with Colt and after exchanging a metered glance, the pair headed back home.