Silverlight Terrace When I'm gone put it in stone "He left nothing behind"
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
All Welcome 
because why not?? LOL fun random thread for @Andalusia if you want it but anyone is more than welcome.  He actually knows things and I completely forgot about this.

On the way back from the shore (after who knows what happened, but presumably, the job was done) it was his turn to split off for a quick minute.  He'd always enjoyed these mountains, and he wanted a quick snack, so the diversion was dual purpose.  

Having quickly finished off the mid-size bird he managed to snag, he wandered now through an unfamiliar stretch of grassland, a few of the feathers stuck through his pelt.  This place was pretty enough, but it seemed a little harsh, cold in the evening light.  Pausing, he stood, staring at the peak in the distance.  Probably best to get back, but maybe a moment or two.  Sometimes pack life was a little too loud for him, he was so used to running alone by now.
241 Posts
Ooc —
The terrace unfolded like a dream, but Andalusia knew she was awake. Memories still dangled just a bite from reach, like the tricks of bait and snatch her siblings used to play when she'd been much younger, yet arguably no less innocent to the world. Only difference was, the world had beat her with every trick now. Orphaned young, a barren bride, finally healing, only to have the good things gained both ripped away and forgot. Hah. She could see no wrenches left to throw, but tough luck there. Life was hard, that was simply a fact. She missed the man she remembered - and Andalusia wouldn't stop hoping, praying he would come. But even if he didn't, she had to keep living. Life hadn't killed her yet - so it wasn't an option to stop.

Nor did her paws care much to stop, anyway. Even as she healed and regained her strength,  the tawny ranger descended Moonspear with the intent to explore the flatter areas around their claim. Even as a girl, mountains were never her flavour of choice. They held a certain magnificence, she supposed, a touch more welcoming than forests, but they came nowhere near the wild claim of the open fields of flatlands and prairies, the tall wave of summer grass, and the spread of star-speckled skies. Tonight, she wouldn't see much more in the sky than clouds - but from the looks of the shadow standing tall in dusk's ethereal glow, she would at least find company.

"Magnificent, isn't it?" Andalusia said when she noticed his watch toward the mountain. She squinted to see if she recognized the other - if maybe, she'd already found the wolf she was looking for. The distance still concealed him, so she crossed closer at a casual walk, and still felt the shiver of hope hold out. "Take my word, the view's even better from the top."
Trades
[Image: outrider.gif] 0/5
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt knew that he was near a pack, though it wasn't one he had ever crossed paths with, so he didn't pay it much mind.  Still, it should not have come as a surprise when someone joined him.  He paused in his wandering when she called out, and both his face and his attention turned toward her approach.  Her voice did not ring any bells (he'd never spoken to her, after all) but she was attractive enough when she pulled in closer, and that sparked a sort of familiarity.  Names may come and go, but Colt rarely forgot a pretty face.

"Oh yeah? What's it cost to get a view like that?" He asked jokingly, but then shook his head, unable to place her.  "Sorry, but, have we met?  Name's Colt.  Colt Blackthorn."  No use givin the full full name, he never used that but back home with the parents.
241 Posts
Ooc —
There was something familiar about his face - a recognition, though distant and unplaceable - one she was ready to shrug off when he simply met her with the start of a promising banter - but then, he squinted. And he recognized her too.

The world almost seemed to stop, and froze her with one forepaw still raised, while the rest of her leaned forward with the crane of her neck and the lift of her tall ears. His face fell into a hazy place, distant - and just as quickly, the earth began to spin again and run with her heart at a pace twice as fast. "Andalusia Ostrega." Her strong voice came out as a breath, and she flared her nostrils - expecting him an apparition, and to be met with nothing. But while the scent of Moonspear reached heavy from the mountain base to confuse and dizzy the warring smells around, his scent crawled toward her through the mix, and her heart turned when she recognized: the Caldera. They were ... alive.
Trades
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
He continued to watch curiously as she seemed to struggle with recognition as well, and then she said her name.  Instantly his mind went back to a long conversation with an injured (and slightly loony) packmate, and Colt broke into a wide grin. "Shit, you're the girl Sebastian was talking about.  I think I saw you, but we never met.  Heard a lot though."  Probably best not to mention that the poor guy had thought she was really there at the time.  "Glad to see you didn't die."  

He assumed she'd disappeared post-war, and wondered if she was alive and well why she hadn't come back.  Did she skip out on the poor guy? He'd seemed pretty smitten and messed up by the departure.  Hmm.
241 Posts
Ooc —
Her brows lifted, and whatever speech might've lit her tongue knocked away at the simple whooosh as there fell the final piece, clicking in to fill the last empty spot in the broken puzzle of her brain. And she remembered. She remembered everything. The tiny moments she'd forgotten, their embrace when they had grieved upon the slopes of Silvertip, the wanting to leave, and the gentle rush of his voice as they spoke their goodbyes. The shine of his fur mixed with blood beneath the shadows of the frozen pines. The decision to die, so that Sebastian would live.

And he had.

He had lived, and he was alive - and when reality came again, she found herself sitting and unable to remember when she had stopped standing. "Yeah, well, it takes a lot more than a tumble through ice to kill me, apparently." She mumbled with a laugh, but her voice remained preoccupied, and that much could be seen in the half turn of her head, and the parting her mouth like she had something more to say, only to close her lips again with a furrowed look as she reconsidered. "Sorry, this is just - " she closed her mouth again. "I mean, I can't even - "  and she turned her head and fell silent with a shake of disbelief.  "Heck, I just honestly can't believe this. He - you - the war - I've been looking - and then the Caldera - " she could only shake her head again, while her eyes glinted with a laugh she didn't quite understand. "This is really a lot. Just - give me a second." And despite her wide and honest grin, her brow still furrowed, unable to completely comprehend how this was actually happening.
Trades
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Hell, was this one a little wacko too?  Colt watched her reaction with some hesitance, not sure what to do with the sudden extreme shift.  She seemed to be having a hard time processing what he said, which was odd, because he hadn't said anything new?  Just that she wasn't dead, which really shouldn't be news to her.

The thought crossed his mind that he could pull one over here.  She'd left Sebastian, obviously, and if she knew how messed up the guy was, she might feel obligated to return to him.  But if he said the guy had moved on, well.... nothing stopped him from swoopin in on this pretty little number.

Sometimes he hated the fact that he'd grown.

"You alright?" He asked, concern touching lightly on his features while internally old and new, slightly more decent Colt threw down for an answer.
241 Posts
Ooc —
The sudden shock had stolen her words, and she took a careful second to reign them in. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine," she tried to reassure, but hell - with that look, she could only imagine what he must've been thinking. She wasn't insane - and the best way to salvage his perception of her was to tell him everything straight up. So in her typical way, she did. "I've been looking for you guys for months. After the war, I took a fall into the river. Don't know how long I was under, but the impact, or maybe the lack of oxygen - either way, I conveniently forgot most everything I knew. It's all been coming back in little pieces, here and there. But Sebastian - " Sebastian - and she shook her head again with a clutch of silence because her chest stung with the remorse that she had ever forgot him. It didn't matter that it hadn't been her choice.

"Sebastian. He's alive?" Hesitation filled her voice, because even though Colt spoke of him like he was, that persistent doubt still chewed at her ears.
Trades
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
"Last I saw," he responded, it suddenly making sense why she'd been acting like that.  He couldn't imagine forgetting part of his life.  "Though he left a while ago.  Not sure how or where he is now."  He'd been a little touched in the head in Colt's opinion, so he wouldn't be surprised to hear the man hadn't made it to wherever he'd been heading.

He thought about saying as much, but fortunately, decency won out.  He didn't want to rile her up.  "Last we knew he was goin to see his sister northwest of us.  That was months ago."  It was a ways, and there was no telling where he was now.  But he figured that was his karma for today - it gave her a clue on where he was, though secretly he figured if she forgot the dude he prob wasn't such hot stuff to her anyway. Down old Colt.