Jade Fern Grove i've never felt much smaller since the fall
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Samothes <3
500th post!
As it turns out, there are a lot of things you can't do as a wolf with a fucked up hind leg. Many of these things, Alarian counted among his favorites— climbing trees, for example. The grove had seemed a perfect place to try, but after several falls he was done. And frustrated beyond belief. The inexplicable sting of tears behind his eyes as he gave up drove him to seek another task; hunting, this time.
That didn't go so well, either. Another couple hours passed and all he had to show for it was a weasel. Stupid weasel, He muttered as he settled in among the ferns. It was already dead, but that didn't stop him from ripping into it aggressively. The damn thing deserved it, for being the only thing he could catch— for being so weird-looking. And if he didn't bite something, he was going to go crazy.
to stab my youth with desperate knives
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

he's felt legarthic at the creek for months, spending his time in lazy arguments with samaantine or idle conversation with thelxiope. it's a pleasant life but samothes is too smart for it -- he needs to be challenged. so quietly he slips from the borders, deciding a nice walk will suit him, like he used to do back at the forest. 

the messeda boy's path is aimless -- he's not looking for anything in particular until he comes upon the sight of a stranger just wrecking some poor.. rodent? of some sort. he can't tell. nor at a glance can  he tell the stranger's gender (not that he really cares, mind), but what an interesting display of viciousness. intrigued he draws closer, quirking an eyebrow. "it must've really pissed you off," he quips, amusement flickering in his eyes.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He was startled by the approach of another, immediately dropping the weasel guiltily. It did, Alarian blurted, a little defensively. Well— not really. Something else did, but the weasel is here, so. So, obviously what he was currently doing made perfect sense. After a couple beats, he realized the stranger was really pretty. Like, damn. And he had just made an idiot of himself, of course. His gaze softened; he was terrible at hiding his frequent attractions, honestly.
I mean— um, not that it really matters, He rose awkwardly, making a point of abandoning the weasel he had just mauled (and he didn't even really eat any, oops). The male smelled of pack, he noticed— and was able to stifle his embarrassment in favor of intrigue. Are you from around here?
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

he, samothes thinks, is charming. and beautiful, if obviously a little unhinged. (the very flattering way he's currently staring at him does help, though). "no, no," the messeda boy says, his voice lightly teasing, "by all means, venting is an essential part of emotional development, or so i've been told." 

the stranger's question is met with a lazy shrug, gracefully rolling his head in the direction of the creek behind him. unlike at ravensblood, their numbers have swollen enough that he feels comfortable disclosing their location -- besides, he smells of pack as well. "swiftcurrent creek, west of here," samothes says, "and yourself?"
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Alarian relaxed, offering a slightly shy grin in response to the teasing. There are probably... better ways to vent, though, A little embarrassed— and a little... suggestive? Weird. He'd stick by what he said, though; honestly, he was more than a little sick of watching every hot guy he met walk away without a second glance at him.
Deeper than that, he couldn't really catch anyone's attention in a personal way, either. His thoughts went first to Mahler, then inexplicably to the wolfdog, and the Chancellor— wait, wait. That was more weird, and this wasn't at all the time or place to explore that. Whatever that was.
Bracken Sanctuary, northeast, He gestured in the general direction, settling into a sitting position. Swiftcurrent Creek, huh? The Governor would have to send Eris that way sometime. I'm Alarian.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

ah, is that an attempt at flirting? it's vague --  but samothes has worked with less, shrugging and flashing a grin. "i suppose i can think of a few," he murmurs in agreement, taking one precise step closer.

rose-hued eyes follow alarian's gesture, making note. "samothes," he returns, dipping his head. when he brings it back up, his eyes have a mischevious glint to them. "you're quite far from home, aren't you?"
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He blinked. Okay, he hadn't really expected that— not that he was complaining. But, uh, shit— what was he supposed to say now? A past version of himself would have known, he thought, but he only had present-Alarian and that guy was terrible at this.
Um, yeah— Alarian swallowed hard, all nerves and helpless attraction now. His tail swished anxiously. I— ummm, wowyoureyesarereallypretty— I mean— shit. He tensed, freezing in place as he realized he was absolutely incapable of being anything other than hopelessly awkward.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

both of his eyebrows lift, the mischevious glint in his eyes shifting to amusement as alarian stumbles all over himself. good to know he hadn't misread the situation. "so are you," samothes returns evenly, a lazy smile turning the corners of his lips up. "are you perhaps looking for one of those better ways, alarian?" he's curious how far he can get -- his assumption currently being that the boy is inexperienced, given his seeming nervousness. it's cute, and he sort of fancies being able to take the lead (predictably, he likes being in control.) if alarian will let him, that is.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Heat spread through his face and ears at the compliment; he felt relief, too, having expected rejection as he always did. Honestly, he didn't know what was into him lately— first Mahler, now this guy. Maybe it's the eyes, he thought, suddenly caught on deciding whether Samothes' were prettier or not. It was definitely the damn eyes.
And there was heat other places, too, at the question that followed. Maybe I am, He murmured, not really being coy but not bold enough to be more outright. Alarian dared a few steps closer, adding almost as an explanation: It has been... awhile. Awhile since he had flirted with a beautiful stranger and it actually worked, that is, though he purposefully didn't elaborate. Ali was not a boy entirely used to success, so he usually didn't plan that far ahead.
While he was content to let Samothes take the lead, he was also— well, kind of weirdly eager to touch him. He drew nearer and tentatively moved to trace the male's jawline with his nose, if he was allowed; a simple start. Mostly for his own sake, really.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

the smile curves wider, a teasing hint of teeth. this is different than engel, who knew the game (who, ultimately, was more about one-upsmanship than enjoyment). it's been a while for him, too, though he doesn't voice that. he likes this position, maneuvering himself into the role of guidance. 

samothes allows the touch, turning his face into it, allowing alarian to brush closer along his neck. it's a vulnerable position -- he fights the urge to tense -- but he wants to win the boy over, and that requires a little quid-pro-quo. "don't worry," he murmurs, a delayed response, "i can take good care of you." gracefully he shifts, moving to brush his cheek against alarian's if allowed; standing cheek to cheek he murmurs, "would you like that, alarian?" his voice a sultry whisper.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The contact sent a rush of fire through his veins. His breath caught slightly at Samothes' words, a faint shiver running down his spine. Wow, this guy was— forward confident really good at this hot. At that point, Alarian would have let him do anything he wanted. Hell, he'd probably have run away and joined the circus with him if he asked.
At the question, he swallowed hard. Um, duh. Yes, It came out hushed, almost breathless, and he was a little proud of himself for managing even that. He pressed softly into Samothes' touch, wondering if this was what it felt like to be on the verge of passing out. Oh god, was he going to pass out? Couldn't that at least wait until after?
Luckily, he didn't. Instead he lifted his nose briefly to brush it along the side of one of Samothes' ears. He smoothed his tongue lightly over the soft fur of his outer ear, then drew his nose back down the side of his neck with gentle preening. And the whole time, he was still fairly sure that he was going to pass out.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away
do u want to fade out/vague thru over the actual winkwonk? haha

oh yes, this is very nice. alarian is so pretty, so pliant -- it's an itch samothes hadn't realised he needed scratched. maybe he doesn't need a challenge. maybe what he needs is this: the rush of feeling in control over something, the intimacy of trust, something easy

he turns his head slightly, seeking to return the preening movements. he nibbles along the line of alarian's jaw, trailing his mouth wetly down his neck to his shoulder. emboldened samothes moves closer, tracing along the boy's side to nip playfully at his hip, if allowed.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
There was something intoxicating about this— about Samothes, he thought, realizing over the racing of his heart that, while he was absolutely a nervous wreck, this reaction was not typical for him. The realization was promptly eclipsed; how could he focus beyond the misty-furred male's touch, his scent wreathing him? His last coherent thought, forgotten just as quickly, was that he could get addicted to this.

and then gay things happened...

By the end, he was trembling softly, breathless. Distantly he wondered if Samothes would stick around; Alarian was used to lovers who didn't want him beyond the heat of the moment, who pushed him away when nature released its hold and swore him to secrecy. It didn't hurt anymore. He still hoped for something else, though— and Samothes, he thought, was too pretty to not try.
When he was able, he turned to tentatively seek his touch, but— woah, okay, wobbly legs. Alright. Alarian paused, then turned more slowly; he moved to press hesitantly against the other, ready to back away if he showed any sign of discomfort. He had no words, for the moment, lost in a strange but pleasant reverie.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

if only he could hear alarian's thoughts -- for surely he could use the ego boost. nonetheless in the hazy afterglow of the scene he preens a little, pleased with himself, pleased with the outcome. when alarian turns to touch him he meets him evenly, content with the idea of laying together for a little while. it's not as if he has anywhere better to be.

mischeviously the messeda boy runs his tongue along the cup of alarian's ear, nipping quick. "satisfied?" he murmurs, sure of the answer already -- but he wants to hear it from his mouth.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
minor pp, lmk if it's not okay<3
His nerves had mostly calmed by now; enough that even when he settled to lay with Samothes, his pulse remained even. In some ways he felt fogged, lethargic— in other ways he felt unfortunate clarity. Mostly, he wondered how his stammering hadn't been an instant turn-off. Ah, he'd never understand guys.
Is it that obvious? Alarian murmured, a little tiredly— in his defense, he already admitted it had been awhile. He shivered slightly at the touch, and realized he didn't really want to go home. Ugh, but he had to. I'd like to— see you again, sometime. It was tentative, almost a question— not that he had any intentions of going anywhere right this moment. As if to confirm this, he tucked himself a little closer.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

because it's cute, alarian. samothes huffs a laugh, watching his face, his expression sleepy despite the sharpness of his rose-hued eyes. he looks at alarian like he's something to solve, a puzzle he wants to put together (and the carefully take apart). at his words the scholar shifts, moving to lay his head across the other's scruff, entwining them carefully. "that can be arranged," he murmurs to alarian's neck, "this can be.. a meeting place." or another place, a little further, perhaps, though he's not sure exactly how northeast the boy comes from, or if he'll consent to picking a singular meeting spot at all (despite the obvious advantages in his opinon.)
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Samothes' laugh sent another small shiver down his spine. He didn't miss the look he was given, either. He didn't comment on it. Though, he could sense something in the other; something he might have been interested in beyond their, ah, physical compatibility. The truth was, Alarian just wasn't interested in falling in love again— and though he couldn't have known for sure, he could have easily here. Intelligent, charming, impersonal— yeah, Samothes was the type of guy Alarian could pine after forever.
Maybe it was best that he had no desire to explore further. The last thing Ali needed was another unrequited love interest— and it was always worse once you banged them. Instead, he allowed himself to melt into the touch. Maybe the Bypass just east of here, instead? He suggested softly; it was a little closer, and offered a little more opportunity for privacy, he thought. After a few beats, he yawned and mumbled, a little playfully, Y'know, you smell really nice; like hot guy.
Because if you're going to bang Ali, you'll also have to deal with his lame jokes afterwards. Just a warning, for anyone else considering making this mistake.
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

alarian's suggestion is taken with a nod, easily acquiescing. slightly further from the creek is better, he thinks: he doesn't like to mix business and pleasure, and lately, there has been little hold in the creek for him. he does not want to leave them, clinging to old loyalty despite himself (and, well, samaantine, if he's being honest, which he rarely is). having a place to slip away sounds.. lovely.

the comment takes him by surprise, stealing a coughed bout of laughter from him. "like," he repeats, "hot guy. alarian, you are... a strange one." the sort of strange he likes, unfortunately (like alarian, he is not interested in romance or love. been there, done that, ended badly. he just likes to figure people out.) with a snort, he reluctantly disentangles himself from the other boy, rising to his paws in languid movements. "'til our next meeting?" he offers, the hint of a smirk at his lips. better not spend too much time together -- even if he's already thinking of next time.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The laughter brought a faint grin to his features, but he didn't say anything further. Of course he was strange— he'd just fucked a near-stranger after mauling a dead weasel. He did find himself a bit disappointed when Samothes pulled away, preparing to leave, but he had expected it. And— oddly enough, he was craving a different kind of company now. The kind he didn't want from a near-stranger. Not that it'd amount to anything, but, better to be alone than allow the opportunity to fool himself.
He only offered a nod in response, leaning in to bump his nose against Samothes' cheek before he turned to leave. It was strangely freeing, being able to walk away from such encounters; he'd always thought so, anyway. Alarian wasn't often the take what you need and leave type, but he'd figured out pretty quickly that sex in relationships was much, much more complicated— and he was not about that.