Broken Boulder Heaven sent, hell proof
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The morning before had been overcast with thick grey clouds. They'd looked so soft, Liri had longed to touch the sky and feel them. It had been what most considered a dreary, rainy day yesterday. Liri had spent it wandering the woods. Cool drops of rain had fallen from the leaves of the trees, chilling her neck where they splashed her. The mud had oozed under her paws and she'd had great fun slipping and sliding in it. 

Unfortunately, she'd fallen several times on her bad leg. With all the work it was undergoing, it was rather sore and stiff. This morning, the healer set off in search of herbs to store in the Sanctuary's caches and maybe find something for her leg. 

Her footing was stable today, given the sky was azure and the soft clouds white rather than grey. The sun was shining, though it was still cool in the forest as it had not yet risen overhead. The mud had dried, or enough that she could avoid the few slippery patches she came across. 

Liri paused at a tree, nothing particular about it save that goldenrod grew near its roots. The healer began to gather it with a wag of her tail.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik had made his way into the cool coverage of the forest seeking refuge from the sun. It was just sunny enough to make him feel uncomfortably warm any time the the bright orb peeked around the clouds.

He was in a good mood today as his thoughts had been mostly of Liri and the way she had fallen asleep on him the last time they were together. He would probably seek her out soon, unable to to control himself where she was concerned. It was as if the universe had heard his thoughts because not long after his venture into the forest, he picked up her fresh scent trail. He knew she had been here recently and was probably somewhere close. Excitement rose in his chest as he began to follow her trail. 

He soon came upon the small, white form of the wolf he secretly considered his. Secret because he hadn't expressed that particular feeling to her yet, afraid it might scare her away. Once he was closer, he saw that she was gathering something at the base of a tree, and he grew curious. 

He came up behind her, chuffed to alert her of his presence, and waited for her eyes to meet his.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
At the noise, her alabaster head turned and her spirits immediately lifted to see Kavik. Something was blooming under the sun between the two, not unlike the summer world around them. 

Liri found herself spending much of her time in his company - something she didn't mind at all. The reclusive healer hadn't returned to Teekon in search of love but finding Kavik had been an unexpected but pleasant surprise. 

The girl was unsure what was happening between them. He was quickly becoming her best friend and most trusted confidante. But he meant so much more than that. 

Put simply, in Liri's mind, she was his and he was hers. In time, things would change but for now, this was enough. 

"Hi," Liri greets excitedly, or tries to anyway. It comes out muffled due to the goldenrod clenched in her jaws. She sets it aside sheepishly and repeats herself. 

She rubs her cheek against him affectionately and sits back on her haunches, a small thrill going through her as she again realizes just how handsome he is. "What are you up to?"

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik can't help but give a small chuckle in response to her muffled greeting. He watched her set the unknown plant down and offer the greeting again before rubbing her cheek against him. He returned her affection with a nuzzle of his own before following her cue and sitting down in front of her. 

"I'm avoiding the sun," he responded with a soft smile before nodding towards the plants next to her and asking, "Whatcha got there?" He knew nothing about herbs. The fact that she was gathering plants led him to believe she was maybe a healer or a naturalist. He didn't think they had ever discussed it. They had mostly discussed her past, which made him curious to find out more about this pretty wolf that had his heart.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri smiles at his joke, empathizing grealty due to her own thick arctic pelt. "Goldenrod," she replies automatically, glancing at the plant he's referring to,"it's for aching joints. And bad injuries." 

"Good for the old ones back home. And the hindered," 
she gives a light shake of her bad leg. The summer rain had put an arthiritic ache in her bones, a condition that would likely plague her in her later years.

"I'm a healer, I'm the Caretaker here. Guess I forgot to mention that," she smiles.

Rank wasn't really as important here; Liri didn't often find herself in a position to dominate or submit to many of the members. She respected them, truly, and that seemed adequate. 

"Do you know what trades you would like to work for? Maybe I can help," she says it with sudden excitement, as if it has just occurred to her. Her tail picks up a vigorous pace as she awaits his response.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
She called the plant 'goldenrod' and went on to explain what it was for. When she motioned towards her injured leg, he couldn't stop the anger that settled in his chest at the memory of how she had acquired that injury. He didn't think the anger would lessen anytime soon.

As he had suspected, she confirmed she was the pack's healer, or caretaker as she called it. She seemed knowledgeable about her trade; once again proving her strength despite the shitty hand life had dealt her. 

"I was thinking I'd work towards mercenary and hunter. Mercenary because, well, it fits me and hunter because that was my main responsibility in my old pack." he said in response to her question. He smiled at her before adding, Thank you for offering to help. I''m up for whatever you want to do." His tail wagged slowly in response to hers, and he gave her a lop-sided grin.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri feels a twinge of guilt seeing his summer eyes tighten with anger. She'd meant the quip in jest, to make light of her situation. The northron touches her nose to Kavik's chin with a small smile, hoping to make him happy once again.

At the mention of his aspirations, Liri nods. Without meaning to, the shy girl glances over his rather large and muscular build. She can definitely see Kavik being a Mercenary; subconciously, she gives a nod as if to say agreed.

"Well, I doubt I'll be much help at sparring," the pallid girl grimaces apologetically. Even before Kelina ruined her leg, she wasn't much of a fighter. 

"But I'm actually trying to earn my hunting trade too. I hunted in my tribe too," she says excitedly, secretly pleased that they have this in common. "I want to be a tracker. I'm not much for big game but I know a few tricks for smaller ones." 

Liri smiles with a quiet sense of pride. It's true, she can't exactly run a deer down but she can find them for others. Small game is another matter; she's had to become a clever trapper to get prey.

"I could help you hunt," she offers hopefully. The healer knows her giant is protective of her but she yearns to prove to him that she can do more than gather herbs. Liri wants not only his affection but his approval.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik knew his anger had flashed in his eyes, and he appreciated Liri's attempt to soothe it. He couldn't help but smile back at her in return, and her attempt was not in vain. He was pretty sure her touch alone could pacify even his most violent anger. 

He didn't miss her look him over. It made him smile inside. Plus, he frequently did the same to her lithe form; usually when he thought she wasn't looking. 

"Well, if you ever want to learn some defense moves, I'd be glad to show you," he said in response to her first comment. She was small, but he could teach her how to use that to her advantage; at least enough to protect herself if needed. Although, he planned to do everything he could to prevent her from ever being in that situation.

Excitement lit his face at her mention of also being a hunter. He wasn't surprised his clever wolf had developed tricks for catching smaller game. "I'd love to hunt with you," he said, grinning at her and giving her a light kiss on the cheek. "What prey did you have in mind?" he asked excitedly. He figured his little wolf had some limitations, so he would let her pick this time. He didn't care what they hunted, anyway; he just wanted to spend time with her.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"I know some, Aaron taught me," she says without realizing.

The sylph has gotten comfortable with him and has forgotten to guard her tongue. For a moment, with just the utterance of his namr, Liri is again the yearling who fought for Aaron and who would have followed him to the ends of the world. In that moment she misses him, more than she ever missed Leto. But that moment passes; Aaron is gone and so is that girl.

"He was my Alpha. My friend," she explains before Kavik can ask. The  last is soft with remembrance. 

The fae's heart is lightened when he kisses her and Liri can't help but make a soft sound of adoration as she gazes at her dark companion. His words are almost as joyful as his kiss; he doesn't even pause to consider it. Kavik hasn't limited her to her disability and Liri feels like she might cry with just how much she cares about him in that moment.

"Hmm," she thinks aloud when there's no longer something caught in her throat. "I smelt some rabbits not far from the territory if you want to try those." She cannot help but remember the rabbit he brought her and smiles fondly at the memory.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik couldn't stop the jealousy that struck him when Liri said the name of another male. He knew it was an irrational reaction, and he didn't expect her to never interact with other males; Although, he'd be lying if he said the thought wasn't tempting. She called the other male, Aaron, her friend and alpha, and even though he felt the sting of jealousy, he was glad she had learned to defend herself. "Good," he finally replied when he was sure his voice wouldn't give away the ridiculous way he felt. "It's important to be able to defend yourself," he added, his tone matter-of-fact. He wanted to know more about this part of her past, but decided he would ask her about it later. 

With his kiss, his little wolf fixed an admiring gaze on him, and he found that it made him feel somewhat shy; a feeling he wasn't used to. He looked away briefly before hiding his face by touching his head to her cheek.

Kavik stood at the mention of rabbits, his tail wagging slightly. "Rabbits sound good," he said, smiling and bowing his head, indicating for her to lead the way.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Silent as only the nefarious and outcasted can learn to be, Liri weaves through the forest with Kavik at her heels like an overgrown shadow come to life. For half a heartbeat, the apparition is again the one they dubbed 'Ghost in the Woods.' A title she earned with her stealth - granted it was used to escape the ruin that was her father and the tribal pups who could not look beyond her outsider status. 

The sylph knows her ragged pace is far slower than her compatriot's but she also knows that Kavik is too kind to compain. Still, Liri isn't at ease until they're beyond the borders of the Sanctuary, beyond the reaches of the coniferous forest. 

"There," she gestures to the network of holes, rabbit burrows nestled amongst the lichen, with a sweep of her freckled muzzle. "If we plug all the holes save for two we should be able to just wait until they come up, like seals."

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik silently trotted behind Liri as she moved through the trees, amazed at the way she almost seemed to disappear among the branches and shrubs that made up the forest. 

Once outside the territory, Kavik became markedly more alert. They had left the safety of the sanctuary, and it made him somewhat nervous. His ears were attuned to the slightest noise, in case something spoke of danger, and his eyes tracked every movement in the distance, checking to make sure it was of no threat to them. Liri continued to move forward and he kept a slower pace behind her, continuing to keep watch for any indication of a threat. 

Liri soon brought them to what appeared to be a system of holes. The abundant scent of rabbit made his mouth water as he realized how hungry he was. His clever little wolf suggested that they plug all of the holes, leaving only two holes for the rabbits to escape. It was brilliant. "Very crafty," he said to her as a wicked grin crossed his face. He looked around for something they could put into the holes, but wasn't sure what would work. He looked to her and asked, "What do you think would best plug the holes?" He had a feeling she would already have a plan in mind.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri ducks her head in an attempt to hide the pleased smile that crosses her face, not unlike sunlight breaking through overcast clouds. She can't help smiling when Kavik grins at her like that. 

She could sense his tension in the way he held his large form - tall as a mountain, steady as stone - and by the way his gaze roves the distance for any flicker of movement. At his side, the fae feels safe, safe enough that she left the territory at all, but there's agitation in her as well. The sooner they return to the trees, the sooner she will cease glancing over her shoulder.

Liri gazes at the holes for several long moments, pondering Kavik's question.

If they dig the burrows in and collapse them maybe? No. The rabbits would hear and escape before they could pick a hole to hover over. 

Frustration forms a crease between her woodland eyes and the sylph is so deep in concentration she wouldn't even notice speech if it were spoken. It seems hopeless for a moment until Liri spots something else amongst the mossy lichen - a small rock just the right size for blocking a burrow. 

With a hushed yip of excitement, the healer searches the ground for more stones. Once she's come up with a small pile, enough for all the burrows(and then some, she'd gotten a little too excited), she presents them to Kavik with a small flourish as if to say ta-da! 

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Liri remained silent, and he watched her expression form into one of frustration. He could see her wheels turning, and knew this highly intelligent wolf would come up with something ingenious. He looked around as she did until he heard a quiet yip escape her. He turned to see her walk ahead and return with a rock.

Kavik watched his pale wolf repeat the action until she formed a smile pile of rocks. He tilted his head in confusion before he realized that the rocks were the perfect size to block the holes. With the realization, he grinned and let out a low, quiet chuckle. "Good idea," he whispered to her with pride in his voice. Her excitement fed his own, and he gave her quick kiss on the cheek before picking up a rock with his mouth.

He trotted to the closest hole and lowered his head to the small opening. Attempting to remain as silent as possible, he very slowly let the rock fall from his mouth and land softly in the hole; It fit snugly. Perfect, he thought. He turned back to her with an animated grin before trotting back over to the pile and picking up a rock to repeat the process.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Another woman would play coy; she'd bat her eyes seductively and toy with men rather than dance around them shyly. But Liri was simply too sweet to pretend to be anything else. It didn't occur to her that an outsider might find her insipid, pathetic even, to be so happy about making Kavik proud. A swell of joy rose in her chest and she relished the kiss - tingling upon her cheek long after he left it. 

The sprite gave a small shake of her fluffy white head - focus. She too began to take the stones in her mouth, one by one, and drop them carefully into the rabbit dens. When all the holes had been plugged but two, the healer chose the open hole closest to her and settled over it.

Flashing a grin at her giant, she hovered just behind the hole where a rabbit would not see her. Good legs tucked under her, the bad stretched out like an item set aside and forgotten, she was still as ice as she waited for a rabbit to emerge.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
They worked together to plug the remaining holes, and once only two remained, he watched Liri perch behind her chosen hole. The other opening wasn't far from hers, and he padded over to it, following her lead and standing behind it. He waited, his eyes glued to the spot that would soon reveal a rabbit.

It didn't take long before the first rabbit appeared. It quickly darted from the hole, taking him by surprise. The rabbit was gone before he even had a chance to react. Damn, he thought to himself. He should have expected that. Shaking his head, he readied himself once more, sure that this time he would be better prepared. But once again, a rabbit darted from the opening and was gone before he could react. Okay, he clearly needed to come at this in a different way. 

He had an idea, though. He padded a short distance in front of the opening and waited. Both creatures had come this way once out of the burrow, and he figured he would have better success intercepting them here. His tactic proved successful, when another rabbit came darting from the burrows and headed straight for him, clearly not seeing his dark form camouflaged in the shadows; a mistake that would cost the animal its life, for once it was close enough, Kavik caught the rabbit around its mid-section. The rabbit struggled frantically in his giant mouth before Kavik sank his teeth in further, causing the rabbit to go limp as blood filled his mouth. 

He took that moment to look over at Liri with exhilaration on his face. He was eager to see how his clever wolf had fared in their hunting adventure.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Kavik is struggling, the rabbits have become panicked after realizing that all their exits are blocked. The scent of wolf on the stones must be strong and only furthers their frenzy. Liri grimaces as two rabbits dart from Kavik's burrow, off like a shot from a gun before he can snatch them up.

Liri waits with bated breath, no rabbits have emerged on her end so she takes a moment to see how Kavik fares. He soon comes around to the front of rabbits' burrow and crouches in wait, intense green eyes locked on it. After a moment, another rabbit emerges and practically runs into death's jaws. Liri's smiles in triumph, as proud as if she caught it. 

So distracted is she that she doesn't notice the rabbit that darts from her own burrow. The sylph growls softly in both embarrassment and anger at herself. The rabbit lets out a squeal of panic, having found itself between Liri and Kavik, and comically throws itself down her onyx friend's abandoned burrow.

The fae forces herself to focus, ready this time when a younger rabbit - clearly not experienced with predators - hesitantly pokes its head out. Liri, who hunted seals in the icelands for the early half of her life, barely gives it time to wiggle its nose. Before it can even realize its in danger, her head has darted forward to snatch the rabbit right from its home. 

It kicks in her jaws and shrieks shrilly but a vicious shake of her head followed by a sickening crunch marks the end of the prey's short life. 

Liri sets the rabbit at her feet, smiling at Kavik with her heart in her throat. Adrenaline pounds in her veins from the hunt as she licks blood from her jaws and suddenly - she can no longer hold back. 

The winter spirit laughs loudly, the sound like icicles clinking together musically, and bounds over to her protector and friend. She's so excited that she can hardly be shy as she stops before him, breathing heavy with the excitement that they did it. 

She swallows audibly, realizing how close she is to him. And before the fae can get too nervous, she leans on tiptoes and kisses him.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik looked to Liri just as her first rabbit caught her by surprise much like his had, and She grew understandably frustrated. The scared creature squealed and ran into his opening, clearly unsure what to do in the presence of two hungry predators keen on making him or one of his friends their next meal. 

The next rabbit was painfully inexperienced as it slowly pushed it's fast-moving nose into the open, clearly not knowing that it had a better chance of getting away if it left the burrow at full speed. He watched as Liri took advantage of the the rabbit's naive youth and plucked it from the hole. She soon quieted it's panicked sounds with a shake of her head and a swift chomp.

Her laugh sent excitement through his entire body, and he dropped his rabbit to grin at her. She sprang forward and stopped directly in front him. Her closeness was welcome, and when she reached up and kissed him, need flowed through his body. That particular feeling always followed her touch but in his heightened state, his desire was almost too much to bear. "Liri," he whispered, closing his eyes and pressing his head to hers. He drew in a long, steadying breath in an attempt to collect himself. The breath was drawn through his mouth; he knew breathing in her scent at this moment would only serve to feed the fire of need that he was currently trying to fight. His reaction was startling for him. Kavik was always able to keep his emotions in line, but this shy, gentle wolf seemed to smash through his control like it was nothing. Still unable to move away from her just yet, he kept his head pressed to hers, embarrassed that she had just witnessed his rare loss of control.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
homegirl's got issues

The fae pulls back slowly, a husky noise of excitement leaving her throat. She's lain with men before, but there's still a touch of vulnerability to be found in her sepia optics, inexperience. 

Her first husband had been a cruel man; there had been attempts but she'd always thwarted his advances and that of her step-son(older than she and no better than his sire). Samuel had never invoked need in her; theirs had been a forced marriage. She had loved him with fondness but not her heart.

And then the man. He'd torn her open from the inside out and even now, years later all she can remember is fear and pain and the taste of dirt in her mouth.

Horosk had not hurt her but her mind was so far gone when he found her, she can hardly recall their coupling. 

It's the first time she's been in control of her mind and body; the first time she's truly desired. 

She's a quivering mess, falling against him in embrace and burying her face against his chest. There's a tingle of fear in the back of her head and her ears are flattened with confusion. Yet, the sylph takes greedy lungfuls of his scent - unable to stop. 

Embarrassed as he is, Liri is unable to take notice. She's lost in a sea of new, intense emotions and trying to regain herself.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
<3

When Liri broke the contact, Kavik's eyes shot open and to meet hers. He was unsure what do because even as the alluring sound left her throat, her expression was that of...uncertainty? He barely had time to process the confusing signals when her trembling form fell against his chest.

He returned her embrace silently, listening to her take long, deep breaths. He couldn't be sure, but she seemed overwhelmed, maybe? He inwardly cursed at himself for being so pushy. He normally would have been in better control of himself, but adrenaline and excitement had clouded his judgement and ability to think clearly, along with intensifying all the feelings he already had for his little wolf.

Kavik moved his muzzle slowly back and forth across her back in an attempt to soothe her. "I'm sorry," he whispered gently. "We don't have to do this now. I just...got carried away." He had planned on letting her initiate any furthering of their physical relationship so as to be sure she was comfortable with him, but his damn hormones had other plans. It was a mistake he would never make again, though. He never again wanted to see her react that way in response to him; he wanted her to feel safe with him. He continued to comfort his little wolf, hoping he hadn't done irreparable damage to their budding relationship.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
This is all probably very confusing and this is super long but by way of explanation she has PTSD so all the feels

Inwardly, she is cursing herself with every amount of shame that can be mustered. She is a flighty creature, startled by sudden movements. And though the kiss was her own doing and she wanted it desperately, nothing could have prepared her for what it felt like. 

There is no comparison. Not even the hazy memories of Horosk - faded and lackluster as if seen through a filmy veil. No one had made her heart race so or her body react ever. 

It is the most exquisite feeling and the most frightening. 

The sudden spark of it, the intensity, was enough to wake that small part of her brain that would always be recovering from deep horror. She was suddenly, intesely, afraid that Kavik could leave too. Kavik could break her heart too. If he were to - Liri wasn't sure she would make it this time. 

The sylph curls against him, needing to be close to him. His touch calms the roar in her ears and chases the demons that have tightened vise-like around her chest. It takes longer for her heart to slow its fluttered pace and for the trembling to still. 

When his words reach her, the healer calms at the sound of his voice and takes a ragged breath. "I wanted to," she whispers, her voice a tiny wisp against the ruff of his neck. She can't look at him as she says it, too overwhelmed.

"I just got a little scared I guess," she feels heat burning under her fur - shame. "I'll explain...soon. I can't yet but soon," Liri promises with a sinking feeling in her stomach. She dreads telling him the rest of her story but she hopes he can give her time to prepare for it. 

"I really did want to kiss you. It was my first," she admits shyly. "Thank you," this is even more bashful and followed by a soft kiss to his dark cheek.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Poor Liri. :(

Her response- she had wanted to but was scared- confirmed his worst fear. He had been an idiot letting his emotions influence his actions in his moment of weakness. Had he been thinking clearly, he would have known it was too soon to push for more. But Liri's next comment implied that something in her past had also influenced her fear. His jaw clenched at the thought, and he was overcome with the intense need to know who or what made her feel that way. She assured him that she would tell him in her own time, and he would respect that. "I really am sorry," he said, feeling the need to apologize again. "And you can tell me whenever you're ready," he added softly. 

Kavik's mood lightened a little when she informed him that he was her fist kiss. It calmed his possessiveness to know she hadn't ever kissed another male. He was aware how ridiculous that sounded, and was thankful it had just been a secret thought. And why did she thank him? He should be thanking her for gifting him with a kiss in the first place and for sticking around after he had behaved like hormonal teenager. "I should be thanking you," he said with a low chuckle, returning her kiss with one of his own. So far, it seemed he hadn't messed things up, for now at least.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
sorry for the wait!

Liri stays against him for a few moments longer - mostly embarrassed now that she's calm again. "I know you are. Please don't blame yourself - I just freaked out," she says apologetically, grimacing as she pulls away.

"We should head back," Liri murmurs, casting a glance at the sky. They'd been here longer than she thought.

Liri grabs her rabbit, taking a long look at Kavik as she followed behind him back to the Sanctuary. That sinking feeling was back in her stomach - and it wasn't fading. Liri could only hope that whatever was budding between them wouldn't be crushed by the past.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
No worries! :)

Kavik shrugged at her comment. He did blame himself. He had been pushy, and he regretted it. But there was nothing he could do about it now except not make the same mistake in the future. 

When she mentioned that they should head back, he nodded and picked up the rabbit that had lied forgotten during the events that had just unfolded. He wasn't sure he was even hungry anymore, but he wasn't going to waste a perfectly good kill. He gave her a small smile that probably looked a little awkward with his mouth full and turned to start trotting in the direction of their territory.
I'm no good without you