The Sunspire idk i guess it's just their swagga
Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Private 
@Coelho!
PP with player's permission

The first night at the Sunspire was... Odd... At best.

Pyro hadn't realized how used he was to sleeping in utter silence and solitude, or not even sleeping at all because he couldn't find a place safe enough. He'd been a loner long enough for his senses to sharpen like weapons, sharper even during his sleep and it would take getting used to being surrounded by so many people before he could ever sleep in peace again.

However, there was a soothing sensation about that company as well. Every time his ears alerted him of movement and he sprang up from his sleep in a rush of adrenaline, he realized that he was in a safe place, with wolves to support and guard him in his sleep, and it was the most relieving feeling Pyro had felt in over a year.

Patrolling was weird too. There was this sharply defined limit which he had to defend from wolves and coyotes and who knows what other kinds of hellish beasts who were trying to... Well, just walk though(?). Very important task! Pyro was doing his best to keep up with the pack's standards and took up to the task as though he was born for it (he wasn't), he was doing it with his brother, in fact, and there was a gigantic coyote trying to get in somewhere, he was sure of it, so he flew with his hawk wings like a superhero along the border to prevent the chAOS LORD TO DESTROY THE SUNSPIRE!

Suddenly a branch cracks somewhere and Pyro jolts up with a mad growl, eyes still blurry and drool all over his face, just to find himself faced against a tiny coywolf wrapped on her own tail in a submissive (and clearly terrified) roll.

the bullet we're running from is almost never the one that hits us
78 Posts
Ooc — LAUREN
thank u for starting u angel

holy shit, coelho had never been more terrified. she squeezed her eyes shut, tail tucked to her thin belly -- all she had been trying to do was track the scent of coyote, and all of the sudden there was a very burly, very masculine wolf in her vision. she instinctively curled into a ball, long ears flat to her skull and eyes firmly shut -- maybe if she looked unsavory, or rolled up like an armadillo, he might not kill her.

terrified but nonetheless willing to try her luck with the thickfurred creature, coelho let loose a pathetic whimper and brought her paws to her eyes in submissive horror.
“Call him Judas if you want
but he did it for reasons
much older than silver.”
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

With his view cleared and a couple seconds to evaluate the situation Pyro realized how embarrassing it was. He looks down at the hybrid with regret and pulls back a few steps. Oh my, I am sooo so sorry miss he says with abundant shame in his voice. I was.. Umm... I was dreaming, I guess.. And I didn't mean to.. I'm sorry I have no idea what that was ma'am he awkwardly tries to explain as he gives the coywolf space to unwrap from her submissive roll... If she was ever going to anyway.

78 Posts
Ooc — LAUREN
with her little wrists concealing her eyes, coelho hunched in an armadillo ball of fear and submission. she was too startled to think about running, and the wolf was too large to outrun anyway -- coelho simply had to resign her life to the teeth in another wolf's jaws..

only, there were no teeth henceforth, but rather, a sincere sounding apology. slowly the girl opened one eye, then the other -- and then, moved one paw, and then the other, so that she could see her imagined assailant. she dared not gaze at him directly, instead she studied the ground his commanding form stood over. all she could deduce from this angle was that his legs were brown. "please don't eat me," she muttered, ears flat to her skull as she squinted guiltily in the wolf's general direction. "i live here, i promise!"
much older than silver.”
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

What an awkward situation. Pyro simply wasn't versed enough in pack life to know what the procedure was when dealing with low-ranked individuals, and by the sole looks of it Pyro was not the lowest ranked member of Sunspire. The smaller wolf uncovered her eyes shyly, pleading for her life as Pyro awkwardly got himself out of bed. No I... I don't wanna eat you he claims as he steps closer to see if he could offer any help for her to get up. I believe you, I'm just the new guy and I'm so so so sorry. I didn't mean to startle you! he tries once more to explain. Oh... he exclaimed before stepping back when he realized perhaps suffocating her personal space was not the best idea if he wanted her to understand he wasn't a threat. I'm Pyro, he offers with a smile as his last resort to make things right.

78 Posts
Ooc — LAUREN
good gods, was coelho a fraidy-cat. it took pyro's carefully laid assurance (and then, his calculated step back) to unfold the submissive creature from her terrified stance, and even then she was flighty as a trapped hare under his gaze. her breath came in small ragged bursts and she furiously kept her eyes downward as the male explained, and then introduced himself.

"oh..." she muttered into the dirt, long ears still cast flat against her little skull. "i'm coelho." her tone had gently lifted, as if hopeful; meanwhile, the girl's tail unclamped from her belly and stirred cautiously behind her.
much older than silver.”
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

At last she seemed to understand that Pyro wasn't a thread and untangled herself, and Pyro smiled awkwardly allowing her some space to gain a bit of confidence. She offered her name back to him, which Pyro met with yet another smile and a friendly nod. Nice to meet you, Coelho he said politely, but then fell silent again. There they were, in the middle of the night, no longer asleep nor sleepy enough to go back to bed.

So... Wanna go find something to eat? he suggested after a well placed awkward silence.

78 Posts
Ooc — LAUREN
the silence spread over them in the same manner as the hard sky; once or twice coelho lifted her eyes upwards, glancing at the cold and distant stars. at length pyro broke the silence by offer of food; her tail stirred, and she clambered to her feet with a smile writ across her features. food was one of her favorite things -- "yes!" she quibbled, already pronking along on the ground in excited bursts. waiting for him only a second, coelho looked back once and then dashed off in an excited scamper.

whatever food they caught, only they would know -- but as they prowled through the night's summer air, coelho was grateful for his company, and slept easily that night with a full belly.
much older than silver.”