Coconut Grove Coconuts won’t take the pain away
53 Posts
Ooc — Lis
Forward dated to 7/5 for @Issun!
Laska found herself wondering for days. She ended up being on a sand ridden place full of palm trees and coconuts. The sky was clear and it was a good day to explore. It had been a few days since she had any contact with anyone and was a bit depressed. The sand felt good on her paws as they sunk down with every step they took. Now that she’s here she feels a flutter in her chest, feeling a bit more cheerful than before. 

Carefully she moved a coconut with her nose under a tree and then laid down. She started chewing on it carefully, she’s never seen one of these round things before and was hoping to see what was inside. She was chipping piece by piece off a little at a time and sniffing after each piece comes off. A small sigh escaped her as she kept trying to open it.

Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things. - Kenneth Branagh

インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
tags for reference @Shiori @Minori @Hageshi

once the band was well rested, they traveled towards the lake that issun found a day prior. he figured they could stop there before moving onwards. hopefully their wandering would come to an end soon.

once they settled at alpine lake, the warrior set out towards the nearby coast. the beaches were unknown terrain for him, so he didn’t know what to make of the strange looking trees and their fruit. he wasn’t the only one baffled by them. there was a woman under one of the trees studying one of the coconuts with her teeth. issun trotted closer to her and chuffed a greeting.

common | japanese
53 Posts
Ooc — Lis
Laska heard paw steps close to her but didn’t stop her chewing just yet. This round brown ball fascinated her and she was determined to get it open somehow. As she was chewing away, she heard a chuff and looked up. A wolf stood in her sight and she dipped her head in greeting. How silly she must have looked to them, that was the first thought she had as she realized he must have been there for a while.

I’m Laska” she offered her name, after all she was in the middle of nowhere chewing on a coconut so it was the least she could do. She then looked down at the coconut again and then back at him. In the back of her mind she was still thinking about what might be inside of it.

Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things. - Kenneth Branagh

インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

issun was determined with his quest to recruit more wolves, so when he didn’t smell the signs of a pack he was quite pleased. he wouldn’t bring it up until later though.

i’m issun,” he replied. “do you have any idea what these things are?” he pointed to one of the coconuts with his nose.
common | japanese
53 Posts
Ooc — Lis
Laska noses the coconut as he talked to her. “I’m not sure... it tastes like dirt... but when I do this..” she trailed off to show him that when she noses it around it makes a splashing noise. You have to listen closely to hear it but it is there. “It splashes?” She questioned even what she heard because it’s so foreign. 

Her attention was so focused on the coconut that she forgot to ask the stranger why he was here. She shook her head and then looked at him attentively. “I’m sorry, I’m just confused by it. It’s nice to meet you, Issun. What brings you out here?” She asked furrowing her brow with her question.

インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

he tilted his head with surprise when he heard the splash. that was strange. “maybe there’s water in it. or it’s just rotten.” he was tempted to crack it open and find out, but he contained himself.

i’m forming a pack with my sister and a few others,” he answered, “we’re staying near a lake for now.” he pointed in its general direction, past the sand and into the trees. “interested?

common | japanese
53 Posts
Ooc — Lis
Laska nodded at what he suggested, it seemed reasonable. Rotten? Maybe but she had smelled rotten things in the past and they had a certain smell about them and not a good one whereas this thing had a pretty okay one. It was a good chance there was something inside of it. 

She listened as as he spoke of a pack he was forming, it might be a good idea to join for her since she’s small and well alone out in the middle of no where. She pondered for a few moments before letting a small smile out. “I’m interested, if there are others I’d love to meet them and get to know who I’ll be spending my time with” she gave a small nod.

インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

he was pleased with her decision. “they’re very nice, i’m sure you’ll like them.” the warrior sat in front of her and batted at the coconut. maybe it was edible, but he wasn’t willing to find out. he knew better than to shove just anything in his mouth out of curiosity.

what about you? why are you out here?
common | japanese
53 Posts
Ooc — Lis
Laska smiles at him battling the object, hoping maybe it might come open since she had done a bit of chewing on it previously. “I’m just roaming, trying to belong somewhere I guess.” She said plainly. Ever since she left the borders of Blackfeather Woods she had just been trying to find somewhere to fit in or to explore, exploring had been successful. 

After nodding at her sentence she began to paw at another coconut nearby them. They were so interesting, maybe when they left she could take one and try to open it later.

インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
wanna wrap this up?

her desires aligned with his in a way. he had always strived for belonging and most attempts had failed thus far. hopefully this whole experience would satisfy him and help others like him along the way.

he stood up with a flick of his tail. “follow me, i’ll take you to see the others.” he took a few steps towards the lake.
common | japanese
53 Posts
Ooc — Lis
yeah. Last from me.

Laska nodded as she turned to grab one of the strange objects carefully to take with her. It didn’t matter now if he thought she was weird, he was stuck with her as he invited her along with him. With the brown round thing in tow she trotted up beside him ready to follow him to the others. 

Wherever they went would be better than being alone here. It was a good bet that she would give her all to this band of wolves, whatever skills she had.