Moonspear And I Will Walk...2 Miles
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Engel did not have to go far after meeting the wolf on the mountains. As soon, he found a pack. Among the mountains as well, which surprised him. And he was also thankful, since he was getting his job done of scouting. Standing beyond the border, he howled out for someone to meet.
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
The Ostrega yearling had been lurking the borderlands nearby refreshing markers when that unfamiliar howl sounded--and he was surprised by how close, too. With that in mind, and now with a new direction to head in, he gave a quick pivot and darted over to meet the stranger.

He neared with a trot, and since his home was at his back and none of his other family were around, he added a little arc to his tail. "Hey!" he barked out on approach, zeroing in on the other wolf. Already his nose was wiggling with all the strange scents to behold, and plus, to see if this really was only one visitor; he knew to keep some suspicion handy just in case. "It's you that called, right?" he asked as he slowed up and got closer. "What are you doing here?"
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard waved his tail in greeting, smiling over. "Yes, yes it was. Just scouting for my pack, wondering which pack this was?" he asked. Then realized he should introduce himself, so did so. "Oh, and name's Engel. From Ironsea" he added. He had come quite a distance from Ironsea.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
A scout! Jarilo felt his eyes narrow, but he grinned back, albeit not so jovially as the older male. "This is Moonspear," he answered, and picking up his nose as he did, all proud of his home and from where he hailed. "Isn't Ironsea pretty far?" the yearling asked, head tilting immediately while he spoke. He knew it was coastal and since scent a little like his seemed to be coming up often enough for him, it was making him suspicious--so he made a note to pester his father about their trip to the seaside again soon so he could see and smell the places for himself for once. "Why are you scouting here?" 
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel repeated the name in his head, Moonspear. Did he know of it? He did not think it rang any bells to him. Then the other asked him why he was so far out here, and he shrugged. "Thought I might further my knowledge. I know along the coast, so why not go inland?" he answered back ot the male there.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Hmm. Jarilo kept his expression hard and borderline furrowed--for his standards, anyway. To further his knowledge was fair.. it was what he could say he was doing any time he left ever, but why come here? Unless it was completely on a whim, the yearling wasn't sure if he was suspicious or not but in truth, this was just a scout doing a scout's job. Meanwhile, Jarilo obviously didn't see many visitors...

"Okay.. Well. What kind of knowledge are you looking for?" he asked, and whipfast on the turnaround, he had to be sure to add his own inquiries whenever the coast was mentioned. "What else is on the coast? I know of a place called Stavanger Bay," he mentioned, just because he could. "I've never been though." As disclaimer, of course.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Uh...anything I guess. Anything you can share, and I'll give back" the older male answered back. Stavanger Bay...that was familiar. And he knew why. "Stavanger? My packs there, nice place it is" he said in response. Good ol' Ironsea. He tipped his head, wondering what exactly he could learn from here.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
There were way too many things he could ask about now, he didn't really want to detail what he had here without directive. He was raised to be suspicious of outsiders wanting to know stuff by default thanks to trailing his mother, and she had certainly instilled that in him here and now. "Well. Like I said, Moonspear." he pointed up, behind him, to gesture for the heights above. "It's the tallest peak in this range.. my parent's claim. I was born here." Jarilo said in a brief run-down of the what this was--because what else? and what else was he comfortable sharing? He didn't really know the entire protocol for this.

"At Stavanger? I didn't know that," he said, unsure if he liked this finding.. when he had intended to visit the place one day. A pack being there made that impossible. "What's it like? I've never been there. Just heard about it." He wasn't going to share why yet either.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel guessed either there was not much, or they didn't talk much. Like that one coastal pack he went by that didn't say much. Though this one was a bit nicer. And he had promised to return word of his own pack he hailed from. "I come from Ironsea, a crew you could say. Could say the lowest point of the shore. Can't say I was born there, though" he said, responding in almost the same manner as Jarilo with the same amount of info. 

"Oh, it's a nice spot. Fish, seals...sometimes bad things in the water. But the seaspray, the smell on a good morning. The crew's nice enough, too. The neighbors...stick to themselves." He had met all the neighboring packs at the time of his journey.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
As the stranger--well, Engel--described more of the coast, the naturalist in him was secretly quite pleased. He wanted to find out more about the coast already. This helped. "Why the lowest spot?" he asked immediately, obviously being fond of quite the opposite. Was there some benefit? "Sounds different. Cool, though. My mom likes to fish. I've.. never had seal I don't think..?" he rambled back as he wondered all about what it was like. Maybe the cerberus had told him about them before. "Do you have many neighbors? Most of ours are a good ways away these days. There used to be another one a little closer--Redhawks, but they've gone." He could gladly interject that fact, because he really didn't have any attachment or solid concept of the family Gannet had come from besides 'don't care', but the yearling remained stingy when it came to what was his.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel shrugged at that. He wasn't even really sure about why that was. "Seal is rubbery, and fat" he said to the other. They did have neighbors, and he had met many of them. "Oh sure, we have neighbors. They tend to be quiet, though" he explained. 

"Redhawks...don't know'em" Engel said to Jarilo. Perhaps he needed to go round to find more packs around the place.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
His eyes narrowed, not sure if rubbery and fat sounded too appealing to him--it didn't. "Isn't the rubbery part gross? I guess not if you're used to it... Have you ever had mountain goat before? Or ram? We also see a lot of deer in the woods, too." he detailed so he could make mention of some meats he did like the taste of, and to give him a good idea of what kinds of big prey wandered these parts.

"That's good... I don't know them well, either. Besides Blackfeather over a ways that way, I think all of our other neighbors are too far away to matter much to us." he detailed with a vague point to the east. The vague tension between their branch-off Sunspire was pretty far from his concern so long as they stayed away, especially considering everything he knew about it came from just what he heard about--nothing personal on his end, of course. He naturally kept to own most of all.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel shrugged. "I don't mind the rubbery. And yes, I've had goat before. I've been here and there, everywhere one could say..." He did not correct the exaggeration. Of course he had not been completely everywhere. 

"Blackfeather...you know I haven't heard of them, I think. They nice?" Perhaps they were worth a visit. The next time he went venturing, however. He would do it then. "I plan to visit as much as I can. See the sights and all that."
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He tilted his head and lifted a brow when he said he'd been everywhere, but did offer a nod. Jarilo still couldn't relate to being okay with rubbery.. that was.. no thanks. As for Blackfeather, the yearling did not have a good answer about. "I've heard they can be very much not nice," he explained. "Not always. Probably depends on the situation and all," he rolled his shoulders. They had not caused Moonspear issue; his sisters seemed to keep that in check, somehow, and that was one of those things he was not about to question. It worked.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Not very nice....well then perhaps he would not visit, at least not alone. "Well then, perhaps I may not visit. I like keeping this face handsome, after all." Engel would rather not risk getting killed on a simple scout mission. That would be a silly way to go, at least to him it would be.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Well, he didn't take much convincing on that matter of Blackfeather. Jarilo just kind of nodded, supposing he just preferring to preserve his hide over sating some curiosity. "Fair enough." There was no guarantee one way or another, and towards his pack, they were not that violent on average.. that he knew about. But none of this really spoke for how they could be towards him, a random scout from the seaside.

"Is there anything else you wanna know about?" he asked, still trying to figure out what the right order of operations here was, and what was even proper and necessary in situations like these.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel thought on it, and guessed he had gotten all that he had needed. Jarilo shook his head, then. "I think I had asked all that I needed to" he answered back, his tail wagging. He started to turn off then, but looked back for a moment. "You know, if you ever want to visit you be sure to come by right? The coast be a nice place."
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Jarilo perked a bit, contented by the coastal wolf's tail wag and conclusive answer. If that was it, then, he hoped he had done all he needed to. This response gave him a good enough outlook on it and the yearling would take it with a favorable checkmark next to it. "I will, thanks.. Probably, one day..." he answered, also motivated by the hint of an offer. His own tail wagged back too. "I'm Jarilo, by the way." the steely yearling added with haste before Engel could take his leave entirely with a small grin to show the tips of his teeth. If was going to tell him that, he might as well at least give his name.

"See ya," he then tacked on, ready to return towards the heights once he saw the Ironsea wolf be on his way.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel nodded his head. "And thank you for your time." And then a name was given and he smiled. "Jarilo...well it was nice meetin' you, Jarilo." He bowed his head in farewell, and with a tail wave he started moving off and away, down the mountain and on his travel back. With a grin upon his face.