Broken Boulder "Fairies made that."
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
AW @Lily :3

The afternoon was heavy and humid. The air pressed down so that it felt that Liri would be flattened to the ground with the weight of it. The sky was clear for now but it would likely rain again judging by the air which felt wet and sticky. 

After a morning of gathering herbs for the caches, Liri audibly sighed with relief as she plunged into the Sanctuary's creek for a quick cooling off.The healer could not have been paddling about for very long before a glint caught her eye.

Pulling herself from the water with a quick shake of her pale pelt, the sylph made her way towards the curiosity on three legs - unsteady but getting stronger everyday. 

The glint had come from none other than a small rock, only slightly bigger than a pebble. It was dark as night with an oily smooth sheen to it's polished surface and fiery orange streaks through it.

Upon first glance Liri thought it was beautiful. And upon second glance it reminded her of Lily. Liri realized she hadn't seen the blackbird since being welcomed into the Sanctuary - not counting pack meetings. 

The fae gently took the creek-smoothed stone in her mouth for fear of scratching it and padded off in search of the darker girl thinking she might enjoy the pretty rock.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Energized from spending time with Vilkas, Lily trotted happily along the border, tail wagging with delight. Her joy grew further as she saw Liri, the healer she'd welcomed into the pack, and raced toward her. She nuzzled her shoulder in warm greeting, smiling. There was something held in her mouth, and Lily was curious to find out what it was.

"Hallo, Liri," she chirped, dancing a little in place, thrilled to see her recruit once more. "How are you, darling? Everything fine so far?" She looked better than she had upon arrival, more comfortable and open; the Sanctuary had done her well, evidently.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri, who had been accustomed to living alone, had been a bit overwhelmed with just how busy everything was in the Sanctuary. She's spent little time with anyone outside of Kavik but when Lily approaches enthusiastically Liri realizes she has missed her. 

Liri feels a kinship with her, both of the same age and same nature though rather different in appearance. She gives the darker fae a smile and rubs her cheek against her in greeting. 

The healer sets her treasure on the ground, chuckling lightly at the spritely girl's high spirits. 

"Everything's great," she beams, thinking of her tentative relationship with Kavik. "This is the first place that's felt like home in...well, a while," she tacks on a bit shyly, glancing to the conifers fondly. 

"I found this," Liri nudges the stone towards Lily with her nose. "It reminded me of you and I thought you might like it."

"I just wanted to thank you again for allowing me to make this place my home," 
Liri smiles, though it's a bit more emotional than she meant it to be. 

The unsaid things that she's grateful to Lily for linger in the forefront of her mind. For finding meaning, for allowing her to be useful again with her trade, for allowing her to find Kavik, for feeling alive again.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
"Well, that's good!" Lily exclaimed, tail thumping against her hocks. She was so glad the girl she'd found on the border, so seemingly lost and broken, was beginning to heal here. Happy for not only Liri, but for herself as well. For accomplishing something, at last. Her gaze dipped down as Liri pushed something toward her, locking onto it, ears swiveling as she spoke.

It was a stone, black as night with fiery accents, smooth and polished. A warm glow suffused her body as she looked back up at Liri, eyes soft. "Oh, that's so very kind," Lily murmured, pressing her nose against Liri's cheek again in a grateful half-kiss. "It's beautiful. Thank you." She placed a paw gently over it, intending to take it back to her den when their conversation had ended.

Her face split in a grin. "Of course, Liri," Lily responded. "This place is your home just as much as mine. Have you had a chance to look around everywhere?" She realized she'd never given the woman a proper tour; the thing of utmost importance, upon her arrival, was getting her some rest in a den. She'd been here for a while, though, and Lily would be surprised if Liri hadn't taken it upon herself to explore further.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri ducks her head with a tinkling laugh, amused by Lily's enthusiasm. The fae falls silent as Lily takes notice of the gem. She is nervous but Lily seems as enchanted by it as she was. Liri beams - happy to have made someone smile. 

"No problem. I have, I love the creek," the healer thinks of the small stream with fondness, and of the memories of the days by it with Kavik. A warm flush spreads over her face and Liri tells herself its the heat of summer.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
"It is nice, isn't it?" Lily remarked pleasantly, smiling. "Especially on some of the warmer days." She turned her fiery eyes toward Broken Boulder, then her gaze danced back to Liri, lips lifting further in a cheeky grin. "Made any friends?" she asked. She'd seen the pale woman around with Kavik, and thought there may be something hidden, beneath the surface.

Maybe if her attentions weren't focused on Vilkas, she'd be jealous. As it was, she was happy for Liri if someone was making her happy; she'd looked so miserable upon arrival, and she glowed now. The Sanctuary had treated her well.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri hummed softly in agreement as her earthy eyes scanned the nearby forest; quite a scenic view. But when the blackbird's next question came, accompanied by a knowing grin, it brought another heat to the healer's cheeks and she glanced away shyly. 

"Yes, I must admit, I spend quite a bit of time with Kavik," she murmured, voice as soft as a summer breeze. The girl was practically covered in his scent at most times and they spent much of their time together. It was only a matter of time before someone noticed them. 

"And I would like to hope that in time, we might be friends," Liri says it softly, with a small amount of hope. She would like to someday have friends again.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her suspicions confirmed, Lily's grin grew wider, and she gave the woman a gently, friendly nudge, eyes sparkling. At her next remark, her gaze grew soft, and she pulled back to look at Liri kindly.

"You've come to live here," Lily murmured, placing her paw gently upon the stone the healer had brought her. "That alone makes us friends already." It was true. She held no real malice toward any of the Sanctuary's denizens; she was just happy to see it flourishing. That Liri had chosen them over going anywhere else lifted her spirits.

"What have you been up to?" Lily asked, voice growing louder again. "You mentioned being a healer, when we first met. Our Governor, Alarian, is a healer too--have you two had the chance to speak?" There were a lot of useful herbs nearby; surely any healer worth their salt would have a respectable cache by now. Lily didn't know much about the greenery herself, but maybe Liri would be so kind as to show her the ropes, a bit.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri could not help but duck her head, bashful at the thought of her budding relationship. She hadn't thought it possible but if she was correct, she'd finally found love.

"That's very kind of you," she murmurs, taken aback again by how kind everyone has been to her in the Sanctuary. Despite the tension she feels flowing beneath the surface, Liri thinks this place might do her some good.

"I have, only once though, when he tested me to become a Caregiver," she admits somewhat sheepishly. Alarian just seemed so hectic and busy at all times, Liri didn't want to disturb him.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
"Ah," she responded, a little absently. It was no well-kept secret that she and Alarian, whom she'd once considered her best of friends, were on slightly rocky ground. But she was glad for Liri's sake that they had connected, and she forced a smile. Then she nodded toward the border, glancing back at Liri as she did so.

"I was going to take a walk around the borders," Lily said. No doubt inspired by Vilkas and his constant patrolling. "Would you like to join me? I just need to put your gift in my den, and then we'll be off." She bent and took the stone oh-so-gently between her teeth, lifting her head to swivel her ears at Liri in question. Patrolling was sort of--okay, very--dreadfully boring, and she would be happy to have company on the small journey 'round the territory.

wanna fade here?
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
sure, thanks for the thread!

"Sure," the healer responded easily, having nothing better planned. Perhaps it would be nice to walk with Lily, perhaps she was on her way to making a friend. The fae found her feet and followed after the blackbird, a light spring in her step.