The Sunspire but don't let me go, i got all these people
All Welcome  June 12, 2018, 08:01 PM
Coelho
Sunspire
Omega
maybe someone she hasn't met yet?

she stalked forward through the brush, eyes wide, tail still -- the only sign of her passing the skitter of leaf-litter underfoot. the noise was was enough that her quarry, a fat summer-fed rabbit, sharply lifted its head from the carpet clover it had been grazing. its ears alert, its rounded mouth and nose twitching...

and then it froze, catching sight of two sorrel eyes peering through the thicket.

it bolted, and coelho darted after. yet the cunicular and fleet steps, the wildly zigzagging patterns, all worked in its favor and the rabbit leapt swiftly into brush and coelho was left aggitatedly pacing where she had seen it last.

“Call him Judas if you want
but he did it for reasons
much older than silver.”
June 21, 2018, 04:01 PM
Wraen
Sunspire
Beta
This looked lonely.

Wraen was returning from the cache she had instilled for Seabreeze's and Olive's use, replenishing it today with some pieces of rotten meat she had scavenged from an abandoned carcass down at the plains. Her early morning raid had brought her just enough food to keep herself going and very little for the hungry mouths back home. But - maybe her packmates would have better luck and - perhaps - another hunting trip at dusk would be more lucky. 

It would have been more lucky right now, were she not so lost in thoughts - a rabbit dashed right past her - and she realized this only, when the fluffy tail had disappeared in the undergrowth. She looked after it longingly, then turned her head in the opposite direction, hoping to see another rabbit, but caught sight of Coelho pacing. Now that her cocky, dark friend was out of the picture, Wraen felt little to no reason to either dislike or mistrust the coywolf. She had not proven to be useful to her knowledge, but also had not been a nuisance. In summery - a budget class, harmless pet. 

And feeling that there was some relationship mending and improving to do, Wraen announced her presence by a quiet chuff and approached the girl in a friendly, but confident manner. "It ran that way, if you are looking for the rabbit," she offered.
June 26, 2018, 06:27 PM
Coelho
Sunspire
Omega
the girl zig-zagged in frantic steps after the fresh-laid scent of the rabbit, but it was long gone and her hopes fled swiftly after the fleet hare. a chuff caused her to freeze and ever so slowly, coelho lifted her head -- a chill clawing its way down her spine. she carefully looked up, first spotting claws, then narrow legs, then a steel chest and finally, a familiar, authoritative face -- oh shit -- instantly her gaze fell to the ground and her tail clamped to her stomach. even her ears fell, like stone in water -- and the submissive girl visibly wilted under wraen's confidence.

"s-sorry," she stuttered, her throat bobbing in a quiet gulp. "it was too fast for me.."

much older than silver.”
June 28, 2018, 07:32 AM
Wraen
Sunspire
Beta
Wraen frowned, when Coelho lost all her livelihood and stammered out needless apologies in her presence. Had their first meeting really traumatised the coywolf so much that she would always be on the brink of wetting herself, whenever beta would come near? After all there had been a time, when the hunter had been the happy-go-luckiest person in the world, a peace-maker, someone, who tried hard to keep everyone happy and suffered, when they weren't. Where had this person gone, Wraen could not say, but she did not like to be treated like a hostile bully, even if the person in question had every reason to feel that way towards her.

"Well, these things happen - besides rabbits are excellent sprinters and not all are keen on ending up as someone's lunch," she replied. "And you do not have to fear me - I know that we started on the worst terms - me, at least, but you are part of the group now, and if you let me - I would like to be your friend."
August 06, 2018, 10:08 PM
Coelho
Sunspire
Omega
wow! smack me if i am ever this belated!

coelho quivered on the spot, trailing the invisible pathway in which the rabbit had made its fateful exit. wraen's softly spoken words caused the girl's ears to rise and her gaze to carefully glance over the wolf's stern features -- had she said friend?

her tail thumped in excitement. friend was a special word for coelho, and she liked that very much. "friend? i could be your friend," she yammered, ears flat and a wide grin on her muzzle. "i'm glad to be part of the group."

much older than silver.”
August 09, 2018, 08:47 AM
Wraen
Sunspire
Beta
There was something very amiable and childlike about Coelho, when she reacted to the offer of friendship. And there and then Wraen decided that she liked this I-am-not-a-coyote-I-am-a-wolf girl and that she would do all that was in her power to make her feel welcome and needed in Sunspire.

"Then the deal is sealed, so to say," Wraen replied with a light chuckle. "Now, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself - you are an unusual wolf and your story must be extraordinary?" as an aspiring historian of Sunspire wolves, she was both curious and thought it neccessary to know everyone's tales. Even if they were short and brief, and vague.