Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
All Welcome 
tag can be for reference or this can be our new thread! But aw <3

Maia was hugely disappointed with the way her first big hunt had gone, and even worse, she was a mass of bruises from the full on slam she'd taken from the moose's antlers.  Her shoulder and neck were stiff, and her side hurt, but it could have been way worse.

Still, when she returned in the mid-morning to the spot she and @Wraen usually settled in for the night, she collapsed with a dramatic "wmphhhh", letting out a sigh that ended in a slight, more annoyed than actually distressed whine as she stretched her sore shoulder out.  Ugh.  At least she'd learned something... the head was just as dangerous as the feet.

She'd found a nice other antler though... only a small part, likely snapped off during some mating clash or another.  It was large enough to make a nice chew toy, though, and since she was feeling sore and lazy, that was what she was going to do.
91 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Bernard had still been concerned for Maia, though she seemed okay after the hunt. Still, he thought it best to check up on her, and so he found himself tracking where she'd gone off to. He gave a low chuff to alert her of his presence as he approached with a soft smile. Hello, Maia. How are you feeling? Bernard asked gently, lowering himself to sit nearby.
PM me about sprees; I'm usually open!
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
It wasn't Wraen who came, though she had suspected when she first heard someone approaching.  Instead it was the kinda odd-looking wolf from the hunt, she kinda remembered.  Oh.  That meant he had definitely seen her bite the dirt.  Hard.

A lot of the pack had.  Oh boy.

She paused in her gnawing, the antler held between two paws, and looked at him, deciding to play it off. "Great," She said, with almost a little too much emphasis.  Perfect.  Nothing to see here. "You don't look like any wolf I've ever seen, who are you?". The subject change was a rude switch to focus on him, but she was not about to let it dwell on her right now.
91 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
I hope it's alright for me to assume/improvise things a bit from when Bernie was on PPC. Feel free to correct me on any details. :'^)

Maia seemed eager to have the attention on him instead of herself, he noticed. Perhaps she was embarrassed from the hunting incident, or perhaps she was uncomfortable with his appearance. Well, it could be both. He was used to the latter, but he hoped it was just the former. My apologies—I am Bernard. Wraen has mentioned you a few times. All good things, of course, Bernard added with a genuine, warm smile. He was hesitant to mention his heritage, but it wasn't like it was a secret. If she was curious, he would humor her.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
does the same haha

"Ohh yeah, you're her friend, right?"  Maia immediately brightened at the mention of her big sister, and that she'd been telling nothing but good things! "Of course, I'm the best, so that's all there would be to tell."  She almost said she was her favorite, but that brought to mind Wraen and Terance's current argument, and she wanted to avoid that like the plague.

"You're so... fluffy." But not in a bad way, obviously.  She'd never seen a wolf dog period, at least not that she could remember, and he was different enough that she was intrigued.  "Where are you from?  I've never seen a wolf look like you.  Not that looking like you is bad.  You look good, but fluffy.  In a - you know." In a friendly way, she was gonna say, but she trailed off because ya know what, he could take it like he wanted to.
91 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Bernard nodded. I am, He answered. Her prideful attitude made him chuckle. He smiled again when she mentioned his "fluffiness". Maia didn't seem to mind him being different, just curious, and that was alright with him. He appreciated her attempts to be friendly about his odd appearance. I came from outside of the Teekons after becoming separated from my family. I look different because my father was a dog, Bernard explained.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
"Never heard of one."  She assumed it was some kind of different pack filled with super fluffy wolves, and that image made her smile, so she kept it. Why had he ever left such a cool place?  She'd chill with a bunch of fluff balls in a heartbeat.

Probably not the best term to use for him, but hey, she was fascinated by his fur.  "How long've you known Wraen?"  Wait, omg. "Do you have any good stories about her or Terance? Y'know, stuff they haven't told me about?"  Embarrassing stuff?  Oh man, this might be awesome.
91 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Sorry to leave you hanging! I thought I responded to this. ;v;

If he could've read her inner dialogue, it would've made him laugh. The image some wolves got in their heads of what dogs were was pretty amusing. But since he was not capable of this, he simply explained, My father told me they are descended from wolves, though dogs have highly varied appearances. Dogs mostly live alongside humans.

To answer her next question, he pondered for a moment before answering, I do believe it's been about six months now since we first met. As soon as the last word left his mouth, though, she had another question, and he chuckled. I doubt that. You probably know far more about what they've gotten into than I do. Maia sounded like she had the potential to be a troublemaker, but he didn't mind that too much. Embrace being youthful, he projected to her mentally.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Hmm.  She'd heard the term humans before, in passing, but neither of her parents had been keen on saying much aside from to stay away from them.  They weren't really abundant in her old home either.  she let that pass though.  No use askin too many questions, he might start thinkin she was dumb. 

"Well that's no fun.  You aren't lyin just so you don't gotta spill, right?"  She gave him a probing look, then grinned.  "I'm just kiddin with ya." She liked this guy, he seemed pretty cool.  "Do you like swimming?  It's hot and I'm thinkin about goin."  She'd love the company if he did!
91 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
When Maia, grinned, he grinned back. My lips are sealed, Bernard teased. He could see her faint resemblance to Wraen just in how their dialogue went.

In this heat, I'd do just about anything to keep cool. I'm more of a cold weather man, if you couldn't tell, He said lightheartedly, gesturing to himself. His thick, dark coat was suffocating in this season, sapping him of his energy. Winter was when he really shined. So count me in. Have any preferred dipping spots?
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
"I bet so, you're furrier than me and I can't handle this!" She brought up a paw and flipped some of his shoulder fluff to illustrate, enjoying how soft it was.  Ahhhh he was so cool.

Anyway!  "I have one spot, but there's a lotta birds there." She wrinkled her nose.  The lakewater would probably be refreshing, but a river would be cooler.  A shallow one, or one with banks easy to swim in.  "We could go there, but d'you know any good rivers?  I'm sure we can find one.  I'm awesome at finding stuff like that."  She grinned, tail waving with a confidence she felt now, but that would need to hold up through actually finding one.  Because she had no clue where any were, and her finding was basically pick a random direction and hope.
91 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Sliiight pp to keep things moving (hope that's okay!), but lmk if anything needs changing!

Bernard admired her confidence, though he couldn't be sure how much of it was out of true merit. So, he said, I know a stream that's the perfect depth. You can lie down in it with all but your head submerged. Well, I can anyway. There's probably a good spot for you, too. If Maia thought that sounded good, he would lead the way, sticking to the shade as much as he could. While the wolfdog was not good with direction in the slightest, the bathing spot had become so valued to him that its location stuck in his brain like super glue.

When the pair approached the water's edge, Bernard broke into a lope, causing water to violently splash up around him when he entered it. The contrast in temperature was unpleasantly extreme at first, but he'd much rather be cold than hot. So, how do you like it? He asked her, hoping that she was impressed with his choice. Instinctively, he waded into the deeper part of the stream to settle into his spot, eventually resting with just his head exposed. Perfect.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
As fun as wandering around hoping to find water sounded (ie. Not very), his spot sounded way better. "Perfect!" Neither of them were particularly small, so a spot where they could lie down would be amazing.

She followed eagerly, and as soon as she spotted the glimmer, her own pace quickened too.  At the finish, she was running, and if she didn't answer his question right away, it's because she took a leap right into the water.  She splashed down a few feet from the bank with a surprised and happy 'aruuu' at the cold, wobbling a minute on the uneven bottom, but catching her balance.  "SO much better," she expressed, wading around in a small circle.  "Why does it have to get so hot?"  She dunked her head under, then popped back up, blinking water from her eyes.
91 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Maia had an even more dramatic entrance as she leapt into the water. Bernard was relieved to hear her answer his question with "SO much better." Then, she asked, "Why does it have to get so hot?" before submerging herself under the cool water for a moment.

I don't know, He replied honestly, not moving an inch from his perfect spot or even bothering to open his eyes. But it allows me to do this, so it's not all bad. After a moment of silent relaxation, he opened his eyes to peer at Maia and ask her, What do you like to do in your spare time?
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
He had a point.  When winter came swimming wasn't really an option, and it was a ton of fun!  Maia hunkered down too, idly splashing in front of herself with one forepaw as she thought about his question.

"Sleep mostly.  Or hang out with Wraen.  And sometimes I like to go find cool places but I'm still tryin to learn around here."  She indicated  the mountain.  "What about you?"
91 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
I'm sorry, my muse is just dying for this guy hardcore. ;v;

He chuckled at Maia's response when he realized he was much the same. I think I'm the exact same, He replied. I do like to hunt as well, tiring as it is. It's rewarding, though. What's your favorite food? Mine is moose; I don't get to have it often.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,511 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Oh, that was a hard one.  "I like all food! But if I had to pick," She scrunched her nose, then dipped it under for a minute to blow a few bubbles thoughtfully.  "Duck!" She resurfaced and exclaimed.  Yep, those were definitely the tastiest.

"Wraen showed me a great pond to find some, we should go sometime! I dunno if we'd find any moose though."  It was too bad his favorite was so much harder to get.  She was a girl of simple taste.

we can wrap if you like!!!