Stavanger Bay eleven years, i've sacrificed
61 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Dro is right at the borders!

Undersea was silent. There was no movement, no discussion; everyone kept to themselves, moving behind the scenes like poorly placed shadows. And for a growing boy, that just wouldn't do. 

The morning had been moving just as slowly as the rest. Aside from the turn of the waves, there was nothing particularly interesting to keep Droman occupied, so he'd decided to head out and search for something else. As long as he was back before sunset, he was sure that no one would mind, so the youth confidently set out past the island's borders and began to make his way down the coast. 

It wasn't long before he'd found himself another (well-marked) border, at which point he stopped to investigate, sniffing enthusiastically from a few feet away.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Setting this to present if thats ok! or at least in her timeline

The bay had been relatively quiet since her return, but she wasn't complaining.  It was nice in the turmoil to have something be peaceful, and today, she'd gone for a swim.  Feeling the pleasant burn in her legs, she strode along the sandy beach, trying to dry out her coat.  The sun felt good.

She closed her eyes and breathed deeply... then they snapped open as an unfamiliar scent wafted through.  She was near the border, so picked up her pace, assuming whoever it was at least hadn't had the audacity to cross.

She was right, and they were young.  She looked with surprise at the wolf sniffing about, and her nose wrinkled a bit.  What?  "Ey, you!  What're you doin sniffin around here?"
61 Posts
Ooc —
Yeah, totally! :)

The woman's commanding voice brought Droman to immediate attention, his body language communicating his surprise. Coelacanth and Stockholm were always so calm at the border; it had never occured to him that other packs might react differently to visitors. Nonetheless, he adjusted himself to a more neutral stance, figuring that it wouldn't do him any good to have her think that he was planning some sort of trickery. 

I was just curious, Dro admitted, his voice light and airy as he spoke, I didn't know that I had neighbors. It probably hadn't ever crossed anyone's mind to bring it up to him, since he rarely spoke to his packmates at all, let alone about politics. You're lucky to have such a lovely view, he sighed, wondering what it would be like to live between land and sea, instead of surrounded by the latter.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Neighbors? Where was this kid from?  He didn't smell like Drageda - wouldn't that have been interesting - nor the grotto hag.  "Where are you from?" She asked, lessening her demanding tone only somewhat.  Best not to let him get too comfortable.  "And aren't you a little young to be out here alone?"

She didn't acknowledge his compliment other than a slight smile - damn right it was a lovely spot.
61 Posts
Ooc —
A sense of a calm washed over the boy as he silently watched her edge lessen. Droman cleared his throat and pawed mindlessly at the sand as he listened to each of her (very good) questions and thought of (equally good) answers. Undersea, he replied, Right over there. I'm not surprised that you don't know about us. We're pretty quiet. Both a blessing and a curse, so it seemed.

I'm almost an adult, Droman bragged with a smirk, so I'm allowed to leave sometimes. As long as no one catches me, that is. 
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
It sounded familiar, but not enough so that Rosalyn cared to press for more details.  "Is that so?  And you aren't afraid of the sea?" She asked, allowing a note of genuine surprise to color her tone.  A thought had crept upon her that she might enjoy a little fun here.  Sport always made her feel better when she was stressed.
61 Posts
Ooc —
The interest in the pirate's voice immediately caught Droman's attention. He cocked his head and allowed a curious ear to prop up as he answered with a drawn out, Not really. It was a powerful force that he knew better than to disrespect, but to say that he feared the sea was a stretch. What're you thinking? he asked, wondering what had piqued her interest.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
"I dunno, I'm thinking I am.  There's something out there."  She looked at it nervously.  "Watched it come out and take two o' my packmates, rest their souls.  Almost had me, but I was able to get free."  She looked towards the slicemarks on her flank.

The first part wasn't necessarily a lie.... there were things out there, as Awinita's death had illustrated.  The rest was purely for sport, but her tone was serious as she imparted the warning.
61 Posts
Ooc —
Probably going against Rosalyn's expectations, Droman wasn't frightened one bit. Of course there were scary things out there, this wasn't news to him by any means. He'd grown up right by the sea, so he knew just how dangerous it could be. Sucks for them, I guess, he sighed with a quick twitch of his tail. Although not shaken, Droman was curious; What did it look like? he asked, hoping for more details.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Kid was a statue.  Sucks to be them.  She was honestly mildly impressed, and highly amused.  Youth after her own heart.  "Big tentacles, nasty teeth.  Snatched em right off the beach, and they were a good stretch away from the water too. Poor blokes never had a chance."  She gave a mock sigh, shaking her head.  If he wasn't scared, no skin off her nose.  But if he happened to have a nightmare or two after, perhaps her job was done.
61 Posts
Ooc —
Despite spending almost all of his time in the water, Droman had never seen anything like what the she-wolf described. Her story didn't seem credible, but he knew better than anyone that it was never wise to doubt what might lurk beneath the waters. Still, Dro was able to brush it off as nothing more than hyperbole. I'm gonna go home now, he said after a moment's silence, but I'll keep an eye out for your monster.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
He wasn't buyin what she was sellin, but she'd enjoyed the exchange all the same.  "Be sure you do," she said, though she couldn't keep a small smile off now.  When he departed, she shook her head silently, turning back to her claim to stride along the ocean opposite.  He reminded her a tidge of herself younger, though before everything, she'd have believed in a heartbeat.  Funny how much things could change.