Stavanger Bay think to myself 'really, what's the use?'; i'm just like you, i was born to lose
190 Posts
Ooc — Kris
There was a brief moment in which Smokestep had instilled a fragile glimmer of hope in the sable wolf, having accepted Raptor's errors and the truth of his history. Then the sea took Sandpiper, and somewhere in parts unknown was a wolf carrying his pups; pups he was likely never to see.

Despondence settled in like an anchor in his gut. If it were not for that perhaps he would have taken some action. But the days continued to bleed into one another and Raptor had made himself more a recluse than he had been before. He no longer lived. He existed. He ate little and did even less. He was not but the ghost of a gull circling the bay, in desperate want of purpose. So it was that he meandered the shore, head down and eyes cast to the sand in front of his paws. For once there was not a thought in his head, nor a feeling in his breast.
90 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Julep is supposed to have been accepted bts (I talked to Mary about it already).. I hope it's okay to start threading while she's added to the ranks :o

The salty wind on her face made it feel like, perhaps this time around, she had come back to stay. It was all she had ever actually called home and, despite the fact that just about every single member of her family was gone, it was still Cairn claim. Cairn... What did that even mean anymore? Julep had once believed that name to be the ultimate title, as though she had won the lottery by being born in her family, but the only prize she'd ever gathered was their solitude and abandonment. Perhaps she was taking it all too seriously... At least no one else seemed to care about all that Cairn bloodline bullshit. No one but Smokestep, apparently.

If it weren't because Smokestep was there, holding on to the ideal of the Cairn haven like she had for way too long, perhaps she wouldn't have come back. Why would she? All there was in Blackrock were cold rocks, seagulls and sad memories, but with him at least she could try and build up something new for herself.

Julep sat on the edge of the water, letting the morning waves splash her toes as she made a big effort to let her hatred and fear go away when she realized her pity party wasn't private. A dark figure padded its way to the shore in the distance, looking down to his feet in a grim scene just like hers. She tried to ignore him at first. She had her own shit to deal with, but another long, thoughtful look at him made the sea tigress feel enough intrigue to abandon her position and take a closer look.

190 Posts
Ooc — Kris
He glanced the unfamiliar wolf strolling his way and paused his steps. He should have cared. But it was easier to assume she was another new recruit he had not met than to assume she was some trespasser, some threat he had to attend to. Raptor was in no mood for company, and so he turned and loped away, to some other thread in the future where he's done being a moody son of a whore and where Kris doesn't totally fail at replying in a timely fashion. You know how it is.