Stone Circle I miss you like the idiot misses the point
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Private 
@Greyback I'm sorry this sucks. I'm having trouble concentrating

It was late evening, and Steph was roaming through the forest, heading toward Stone Circle. It was one of her favorite hangout spots, and since she wasn't very tired yet, now was a good a time as any to go there. The sun was already set, and it was a new moon, so the sky was dark, save for the twinkly stars that littered it.

She took a seat next to the highest pillar, and looked out over the valley. With it being so dark, she couldn't see any bison walking around. She wondered if they were out there, though.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
No worries!
Laying down, his chin propped up on his crossed forepaws, Greyback basked in the moon light. His joints had been aching slightly from the weather that evening, and he silently thanked the heavens that he had time to finally lay down and relax. Closing his eyes, he let his head loll to one side as he drifted to sleep.

It wasnt until much later that the sound of soft paw steps awoke him. Groggy, the man twitched his ears and opened his eyes only to rub his face onto his legs in an attempt to clear his vision whilst letting out a snuffle. Upon looking up, it took him a moment to notice that the wolf passing him was Steph. He remembered meeting her upon coming back from his mission, and while they're first encounter wasn't a flattering one, he held no bitter feelings towards her. He could go back to sleep and ignore her, but given the chance, he would love to talk to her and clear the potential weird air between them.

Yawning, he rose to his paws. "Hello Miss Steph." He whispered, hoping to not wake anyone who might have been around. Walking over, he sat to her right and turned his attention to where she was looking. "Are you looking for something?"

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She hadn't really expected company, but company was not something she ever minded. Her head swiveled at the sound of his voice. Steph was a little surprised Greyback approached her, seeing as how their first encounter didn't start out great. But, thankfully, the male seemed like the forgiving type. 

Her tail wagged and she gave him a friendly smile. Hey, Greyback, she said softly. Her gaze turned towards the valley at his question. I was just trying to see if the bison herd was out there, she confessed. She hadn't been planning on going after any. She just wanted to watch. She turned her eyes back to him. How are you settling in? she asked, honestly wondering.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Im terribly sorry for the late reply!

"Hey, Greyback, I was just trying to see if the bison herd was out there"

Greyback hummed in thought as he looked down at the valley below, his neck extended and eyes squinted as he attempted to make out any shapes. "I must be getting old," He laughed, his voice hushed but still rumbling within his chest. He knew very well that he was no longer a spry yearling. "My eyesight is no longer what it was." He smiled as he looked down. He had seen the large beasts before, but had yet to encounter one. Valette had made it known that they were very dangerous.

Turning his attention, he looked down at Steph, her head nearly just reaching his shoulder. "..but perhaps one might hear them," He chuckled, flashing a charming smile while cocking his head to towards the valley with alert ears, hoping to hear some sort of rustling down below.

"How are you settling in?"

"I am quite alright, Miss Steph," The man had been within the pack for a while now, not long enough to feel completely at ease, but content. It had taken time to learn when and where things took their place- as well as the absence of his gods within these lands. Easthollow was his home now, but for some reason he still longed for the warm embrace of his past homes religion.  He chose not to show it though, his doubt would only burden himself. 

He went quiet, waiting for Steph to speak.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She grinned at him, and shook her head. No, I can't see them, either, she confessed. The moon didn't provide any light tonight, and the bison's dark pelts blended in easily with the night. She nodded, agreeing that they might be able to hear them. Bison did not step lightly, as they had no reason to remain silent. Her ears perked in the direction that she thought they might be, but after a few moments, she realized she just heard a lot of silence. 

She turned her head back towards him, a grin on her face. You can call me Steph, she offered. She felt if they were going to be packmates, they may as well be familiar enough to not be so formal. Then again, maybe it was a part of who Greyback was. I'm glad to hear it, she responded.

Steph and Greyback would conversate for as long as it pleased them. Steph would find that she liked Greyback, and would consider him a great friend in the coming weeks. Once they parted ways, Steph would eventually find her way back to her den and fall asleep.