Broken Boulder as long as you're still burning bright
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Ulf
before the birth!!
Inexplicably, he was sad. What was with that, anyway? Alarian couldn't exactly answer that question, so instead he laid in his den like the sad lump he was; he laid there for hours. All day, in fact.
He actually got up because he had to piss, in the end. Alarian was a refined specimen, clearly; only the most elegant wolf to exist. The sun was beginning to set when he finally left his den, feeling guilty and altogether unproductive. Lethargic, too— all heavy and gross and fogged. He had definitely slept too long.

Ultimately that was the reason he decided to stay up a bit longer, making his way to the creek for a quick drink. The last thing he wanted was to sleep for a full 24 hours and be groggy when Queenie finally decided to pop. Alarian sat back when he had satisfied his thirst, still feeling far too lethargic to do much more. He preened absently at his chest fur, wondering how long it'd be before he got up again.
you're an angry blade & you're brave but you're all alone
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
The wolfdog had a knack for finding Alarian. By choice and by chance. It was the preening form of the governor that caught his attention. Icy eyes seemed to warm with kindness at such a familiar sight. A soft sway occupied his tail as he tentatively moved forward, covering ground between the two of them. Hopefully he wasn't about to interrupt anything.

A soft chuff escaped him as he closed the distance. If allowed, Ulf would aim to brush against Alarian's side in an almost affectionate greeting.

hurt hurt hurt me more
and i'll eat eat eat you whole
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
When he heard the chuff, he almost told whoever it was to go away without looking up at all— almost. Luckily, Alarian had the sense to glance up first, just before Ulf was brushing against his side. He relaxed slightly. The weirdness of their last notable meeting had been mostly forgotten on his end. After his encounter with Samothes, he also felt a little more confident in his ability to avoid repeating it. Especially since he was going to see him again (!!!).
Ulf, He murmured fondly, turning his head to smooth his tongue over one of the wolfdog's ears. Alarian had come to realize that something about his friend inspired a more physical approach in him— well, haha. Something. His limited use of language, duh. Still, it was a strange thing to notice in himself— even stranger to realize there was little he could do about it, even if he wanted to.
Perhaps another time, Alarian might have said or done more. Right now, though, he was tired as balls. So he yawned, flicked an ear, and fixed Ulf with a sleepy but inquisitive look. He wanted something, right? (Alarian still could not quite fathom anyone seeking his company purely for enjoyment).
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
All Welcome 
Not much was said upon his arrival. Both parties seemed to be rather silent today. Ulf could accept that - for now at least.

His body met the ground as he laid by Alarian's side. There was no doubt that Ulf could fill the loyal companion role (specifically to the Governor) expected of most dogs.

One good eye caught the look that was tossed his way. Inky lips parted slightly before he managed to find his voice. Alarian okay? While Ulf was by no means the smartest, even he knew a tired and thin frame wasn't the best.

hurt hurt hurt me more
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He relaxed slightly as Ulf settled next to him, content with the wolfdog's presence. The question brought him a moment of pause— was he okay? No, he decided in the next beat. I will be, Alarian assured his friend wearily, gaze drifting out across the creek. Eventually.
After a few beats, he thought of something; Ulf had the same accent as Mahler, he had noticed. Perhaps they spoke the same tongue— perhaps Ulf would have answers for him. Ulf, I was wondering— He started, then stopped. Would he think him weird? Curiosity ultimately won out. Do you know what mäuschen means?
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
Eventually.

And so true to his dog tendencies, Ulf would wait for that eventually to come.

His triangle shaped ears stood tall on his crown at the words that flowed from the Governor. If he was a human he would have literally been on the edge of his seat, eager to answer whatever question would flow forth from his companion. Although the question that appeared seemed almost funny to the wolfdog. A gentle chuckle escaped him. Little mouse. He murmured in response. It was a name that Ulf had even been called once or twice back home. But what was the term doing here with Alarian?

hurt hurt hurt me more